IGNORED

A collective and passive mood

BigAl&Toby

And he also said “let the game pass us by”.

Hmmmm. Ring any bells?

That’s not just the playing squad is it Nigel? The same can be said of the clowns in Guernsey and the besuited clown who wears the brown brogues.

On the green stuff we’ve been collectively passive for ******* ages. We let the game pass us by too many times.

Times when we should have invested and recruited better and more wisely.

What did our “leaders” do? They spunked the opportunity up the wall. Sold off the silver and replaced it either has beens or “ones for the future”.

if I was Nigel - and I’d agree with what many will say - thank **** I’m not - I’d only be here next season if I was given complete responsibility for all aspects of footballing matters.

We’ve seen too much meddling from ******* who know absolutely **** all about football for far too long. 

I hope he’s given that opportunity and that responsibility. 

NP can see that away from home we have the personnel that can set up to stifle teams and then hit them on the break and score goals 

What is also probably clear to him is that we do not have players available who can look after the ball and control games and hence trying to play a more offensive game is our constant undoing especially at home 

Teams that get promoted or find themselves at the top of the table tend to have a much higher possession stat than others in the division and this is where I am sure NP will be focusing attention not just a playing style but also the players that need to fit into this approach 

That may mean bringing in players to do this or and coach/develop those at the club

Im not surprised we have lost the last 2 games at home after 2 away wins as we only have players available who are one dimensional and able to play a certain way

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

NP can see that away from home we have the personnel that can set up to stifle teams and then hit them on the break and score goals 

What is also probably clear to him is that we do not have players available who can look after the ball and control games and hence trying to play a more offensive game is our constant undoing especially at home 

Teams that get promoted or find themselves at the top of the table tend to have a much higher possession stat than others in the division and this is where I am sure NP will be focusing attention not just a playing style but also the players that need to fit into this approach 

That may mean bringing in players to do this or and coach/develop those at the club

Im not surprised we have lost the last 2 games at home after 2 away wins as we only have players available who are one dimensional and able to play a certain way

This has felt like the case for circa 3 seasons. LJ happy sit back and contain until around the 70 minute mark, before then hoping for the best with a Matty Taylor substitution to gee the crowd up. 

3 hours ago, INCRED said:

The injuries are and have been one aspect.  Secondly how we set up- and I'm talking over time- doesn't especially help with this IMO.

2 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

This has felt like the case for circa 3 seasons. LJ happy sit back and contain until around the 70 minute mark, before then hoping for the best with a Matty Taylor substitution to gee the crowd up. 

2018/19 was more variable at home from memory. Certainly last and after the first say 10 League games this year, there's been a big regression.

On a general note, I'm certainly unconvinced by our back 3 tactical setup. Especially when Palmer isn't a natural 3rd man for CM. Unsure about Wells and Diedhiou as a pair too.

6 hours ago, BigAl&Toby said:

if I was Nigel - and I’d agree with what many will say - thank **** I’m not - I’d only be here next season if I was given complete responsibility for all aspects of footballing matters.

Didn’t he say he likes having others (CEO) deal with agents and player demands?

12 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Didn’t he say he likes having others (CEO) deal with agents and player demands?

Yep, he has no interest in scouting, nor doing the deal.  But you can do that easily if you have total faith in the person presenting you with the recommended player (like Steve Walsh did for him at Leicester).  In that dynamic he just decided whether to say yay or nay to progressing that with the board.

Archived