IGNORED

New PC

Markman

My old PC is clapping out and getting very noisy - it also struggles with any new games (even though I don't play online just as single player)

So it is mostly for a bit of work, music and games (nice big music library) but I am getting confused where to look - PC World or Amazon or even Ebay seem to have loads around my max £800 - £1000 but I also want my existing data moved to the new PC - so that might need a shop (if they do it)

Any suggestions on reliable sources for a new PC?

50 minutes ago, Markman said:

My old PC is clapping out and getting very noisy - it also struggles with any new games (even though I don't play online just as single player)

So it is mostly for a bit of work, music and games (nice big music library) but I am getting confused where to look - PC World or Amazon or even Ebay seem to have loads around my max £800 - £1000 but I also want my existing data moved to the new PC - so that might need a shop (if they do it)

Any suggestions on reliable sources for a new PC?

I bought mine at xmas through geekbuying.com. I am not in the same price range as you as it was a present from my wife. I am incredibly impressed with the one I bought for less than £300. It wasn't a name I knew so I did some additional research and the reviews from a variety of sites were good.

I know this is not the spec you aee looking for, but just to give you an idea of what I got for the price.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/DERE-X156-15-6-Inch-Laptop-Intel-Celeron-J4125-1920-1080-FHD-8GB-DDR4-512G-SSD-Windows-10-HDMI--Output---Silver-426681.html?utm_medium=sysedm&utm_source=PaypalPaidCounpon

As far as moving the data goes, I used a couple of large USB sticks I had but it was a slow process. I would recommend either getting a good size external drive which can be useful for back ups, or a short term deal on some extra cloud space?

Archived