IGNORED

Seven Nation Army

GeoTheCiderHead

Wasn’t it the players who decided that they wanted this (a song about negative gossip sung by a former American husband and wife duo that has nothing whatsoever to do with our club) being played as they entered the pitch as it got them motivated? Well seeing as that has clearly turned out to be a load of bollocks after 5 consecutive home defeats plus many more before that, what’s the chances of One For The Bristol City being played again when the fans are allowed back in? 

The lyrics are really secondary, and not really relevant in the context of it's use at sporting events.  Jack White came up with the infectious riff while messing around, and thought it would make a good James Bond theme song, if he was ever asked??   It has become synonymous with stirring up the passions of supporters at various sports stadiums, and I'm sure if you asked, 99% of fans,  they  would have absolutely no idea of the song's words?.  Personally i love it.......but if you prefer  a   song that was written 44 years ago, and has   no connection or pertinence to the 20 somethings that play for us, then that's your perogative (As Bobby Brown wrote & sang) ?          

8 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Jack White came up with the infectious riff while messing around, and thought it would make a good James Bond theme song, if he was ever asked??

Well he happened to jointly do the track to one of the worst Bond movies of all time so there is that

I like the song. What I don't like, and have mentioned before here, is that the loop they play pre match at City is very poorly edited and cut short by a fraction of a beat at the end of the fourth bar.

Sounds like someone has done it on a free app they found on their iPhone. Amateurs!

1 minute ago, steveybadger said:

Always thought Unfinished Sympathy by our very own (supporters) Massive Attack would be great. Brooding, slightly menacing and totally Bristolian. 

I’ve thought exactly this in the past.

Robert Del Naja is a City fan as well so there’s a connection.

Brilliant track.

15 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Always thought Unfinished Sympathy by our very own (supporters) Massive Attack would be great. Brooding, slightly menacing and totally Bristolian. 

Agreed.

IMO it would need to be the Paul Oakenfold mix. The thumping bass is certainly menacing.

(323) Massive Attack - Massive - Unfinished Sympathy (Paul Oakenfold Mix) - YouTube

1 hour ago, steveybadger said:

Absolutely; I always thought it had a presence to it that would suit the teams coming out but could never think of how to express it like you have.

We could never be accused of being cliched!

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

The lyrics are really secondary, and not really relevant in the context of it's use at sporting events.  Jack White came up with the infectious riff while messing around, and thought it would make a good James Bond theme song, if he was ever asked??   It has become synonymous with stirring up the passions of supporters at various sports stadiums, and I'm sure if you asked, 99% of fans,  they  would have absolutely no idea of the song's words?.  Personally i love it.......but if you prefer  a   song that was written 44 years ago, and has   no connection or pertinence to the 20 somethings that play for us, then that's your perogative (As Bobby Brown wrote & sang) ?          

with respect, it's not about the players, it's for the fans. 

23 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

with respect, it's not about the players, it's for the fans. 

That's true, they shouldn't need the walk out music to motivate them. There will be their own music in the dressing room anyway, if any further motivation was needed, the crowd should do that for them - so play something that gets the crowd going

23 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Absolutely; I always thought it had a presence to it that would suit the teams coming out but could never think of how to express it like you have.

We could never be accused of being cliched!

Just now, MarcusX said:

As I didn't know what this song was, upon listening I must say I was very underwhelmed. I'd hardly call it menacing

Each to their own of course*

*but you’re wrong ?

Archived