IGNORED

Seven Nation Army

GeoTheCiderHead

Thinking about it, I`ve always been a fan of the lyrics to The Impossible Dream and if we went with the Carter USM version and the segued into Blitzkrieg Bop as the players came out I would be very happy.

Also, we need to go back to the opposition coming out first and then us and get rid of all the handshake bollocks.

Lets have an edge back at kick off and not the sanitised crap we have now.

We've had some great choices and some awful ones with music over the years.

Tim Shires was pretty imaginative. Loads were inspired choices (a couple didn't work quite aswell *ahem* ELBOW) - but Muse - 'Knights of Cydonia' and Pendulum - 'Slam' were brilliant choices and really unique. 

Unfortunately I don't think Tim's replacement is anywhere near as good hence the fairly poor choices in recent seasons.

As for a team entrance song - I've often wondered about Massive Attack. I think unfortunately they're a bit too sophisticated and low tempo (plus the fact the speakers at the ground wouldn't do their sound justice) to be a good run out song. Nice idea though and along the right lines. 

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Tim Shires was pretty imaginative. Loads were inspired choices (a couple didn't work quite aswell *ahem* ELBOW) - but Muse - 'Knights of Cydonia' and Pendulum - 'Slam' were brilliant choices 

Respect to Tim, who made some great contributions to the pre match music mix, but all of those were actually my picks. I used to love coming up with relevant music choices, some of which were more popular than others.

4 minutes ago, Dave L said:

Respect to Tim, who made some great contributions to the pre match music mix, but all of those were actually my picks. I used to love coming up with relevant music choices, some of which were more popular than others.

I thought "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" was funny after we got relegated…I know many didn't. I think one guy in The Atyeo was going to punch me as I laughed. ?

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I thought "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" was funny after we got relegated…I know many didn't. I think one guy in The Atyeo was going to punch me as I laughed. ?

We actually played that for the first time when we lost 6 nil to Cardiff. It came on as the ground was almost empty and everyone seemed to find it quite amusing. Unfortunately when we tried it again after that relegation game, Tim put it on immediately after the game finished, when SOD and the players were still pitchside. They were underwhelmed to say the least . There were repercussions!

4 hours ago, MarcusX said:

That's true, they shouldn't need the walk out music to motivate them. There will be their own music in the dressing room anyway, if any further motivation was needed, the crowd should do that for them - so play something that gets the crowd going

Never understood playing music for the players I thought it was about getting the crowd motivated that counts.. We know the crowds so bloody flat at times,A tune that fans can join in with at the start would be a massive atmosphere boost.. 

19 minutes ago, Dave L said:

We actually played that for the first time when we lost 6 nil to Cardiff. It came on as the ground was almost empty and everyone seemed to find it quite amusing. Unfortunately when we tried it again after that relegation game, Tim put it on immediately after the game finished, when SOD and the players were still pitchside. They were underwhelmed to say the least . There were repercussions!

It probably was too soon ? SOD wasn’t happy I remember that ?

32 minutes ago, Dave L said:

Oh really, great choices - apart from Elbow, that was a stinker!

25 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

19 minutes ago, Dave L said:

I could see what the intention was but SO’D was 100% right about that. Was really tinpot and is a small symptom of the issues Pearson was talking about after the game. SO’D was actually making similar points at the time regarding the mentality at the club.

Archived