IGNORED

Seven Nation Army

GeoTheCiderHead

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh really, great choices - apart from Elbow, that was a stinker!

I could see what the intention was but SO’D was 100% right about that. Was really tinpot and is a small symptom of the issues Pearson was talking about after the game. SO’D was actually making similar points at the time regarding the mentality at the club.

I don’t think the corporatisation of the club and the overhaul of the media dept has made it much different to be honest.

3 hours ago, Reigate Red said:

@BS4 on Tour... you need to get your two penneth worth in here about The Dreadnoughts :thumbsup:

Cheers RR - I’ve been in touch with The Dreadnoughts a few times because I’m genuinely interested in why they have bigged up cider, Bristol and the West Country in a few of their songs - they simply reply that they have always been made to feel at home in our fair city, they love our local ciders, they love the local people and they just love Bristol! Good enough for me .... so this one will always be top of my list! 

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cheers RR - I’ve been in touch with The Dreadnoughts a few times because I’m genuinely interested in why they have bigged up cider, Bristol and the West Country in a few of their songs - they simply reply that they have always been made to feel at home in our fair city, they love our local ciders, they love the local people and they just love Bristol! Good enough for me .... so this one will always be top of my list! 

That'll do for me!

Fast, aggressive - proper job!

Bloody good choice mate

I like Seven Nation Army as a song, but not as the music when the teams emerge. Much too generic. 

I’d love Massive Attack or The Dreadnoughts. I might be alone here, but I liked the Elbow one - brings back fond memories of that double-winning season. 

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Would love to think that they would be back playing in Bristol sometime soon.

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Man that song is fantastic,  I've bought all the Dreadnought albums since this was raised in the first lockdown last year, they're excellent. Ironically I live closer to them than you lot over there, but would love to see them play in Bristol, even Ashton Gate before a game, now that would get the crowd going :laugh:

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Obviously the chorus is more relevant to Rovers recent history than us..

All the more reason to grab it now before they notice.

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

This song brings a little tear to my exiled eye. 

14 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Unfinished Sympathy does it for me but I`ve always wanted us to come out to Blitzkrieg Bop.

Bring back @Tim S to sort things out.

Tim never liked it, I badgered him all time about it ?.   We were playing it on the build up a few years ago, but again has been dropped. 

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Perfect choice - rabble rousing folk-punk with Bristol at its heart. Why isn’t this used on match Days?

20 hours ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

Wasn’t it the players who decided that they wanted this (a song about negative gossip sung by a former American husband and wife duo that has nothing whatsoever to do with our club) being played as they entered the pitch as it got them motivated? Well seeing as that has clearly turned out to be a load of bollocks after 5 consecutive home defeats plus many more before that, what’s the chances of One For The Bristol City being played again when the fans are allowed back in? 

I think it's time we moved on from OFTBC and associations with the Wurzels, does us no favours TBH. It's also hardly very rousing, is it?

Seven Nation Army is a good tune but used by other clubs - eg don't Bayern use it?

Surely with all the musical talent in Bristol, someone could come up with a good, thumping intro song.

On 07/03/2021 at 16:44, exAtyeoMax said:

with respect, it's not about the players, it's for the fans. 

With respect..............the original poster stated that it was the PLAYERS who chose this particular music.   Which is kind of ironic, as this season, they are about as far removed from an Army as it's possible to be?    Run away......by Bon Jovi would be more appropriate?  ?

19 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

First time i have heard this.................and surely there can be no better anthem to be adopted by our club than this brilliant track?   We're the "Back Home in Bristol"  Outcidersl, it even has the "Drink up thee Cider" sampler chorus in it.    Absolutely nailed on?

On 07/03/2021 at 15:14, maxjak said:

but if you prefer  a   song that was written 44 years ago, and has   no connection or pertinence to the 20 somethings that play for us, then that's your perogative

Yes I know it was the players who chose it. I'm suggesting it's up to the fans.

5 hours ago, maxjak said:

First time i have heard this.................and surely there can be no better anthem to be adopted by our club than this brilliant track?   We're the "Back Home in Bristol"  Outcidersl, it even has the "Drink up thee Cider" sampler chorus in it.    Absolutely nailed on?

Yep, I first suggested the Dreadnoughts song on here nearly a year ago - it’s a banger! It’s about Bristol, it’s about cider and it samples The Wurzels ... it ticks the boxes and it’s an upbeat, rabble-rousing ditty! Blimey, it still sounds perfect! ????

20 hours ago, SecretSam said:

I think it's time we moved on from OFTBC and associations with the Wurzels, does us no favours TBH. It's also hardly very rousing, is it?

Seven Nation Army is a good tune but used by other clubs - eg don't Bayern use it?

Surely with all the musical talent in Bristol, someone could come up with a good, thumping intro song.

OFTBC sounds naff, dated and isn't sung by our fans. The lyrics in the original make reference to a team that played 45 years ago. Time for that to go in my opinion. I never want to hear '7 Nation Army' played again either. Synonymous with cheesy Americanised fan culture. Just awful.

It really wouldn't be that hard to find something original, associated with Bristol and rousing. I think the Massive Attack suggestions on this thread are far better than either of those songs. 

On 07/03/2021 at 22:44, BS4 on Tour... said:

Can't wait to hear this as the teams come out of the tunnel on the first day of the season! Someone make it happen!!

18 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, I first suggested the Dreadnoughts song on here nearly a year ago - it’s a banger! It’s about Bristol, it’s about cider and it samples The Wurzels ... it ticks the boxes and it’s an upbeat, rabble-rousing ditty! Blimey, it still sounds perfect! ????

Why not put it in the SLO Q&A section to draw attention to it :thumbsup:

23 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

OFTBC sounds naff, dated and isn't sung by our fans. The lyrics in the original make reference to a team that played 45 years ago. Time for that to go in my opinion. I never want to hear '7 Nation Army' played again either. Synonymous with cheesy Americanised fan culture. Just awful.

It really wouldn't be that hard to find something original, associated with Bristol and rousing. I think the Massive Attack suggestions on this thread are far better than either of those songs. 

Trouble is, Massive Attack are many things, but rousing? Nope.

Not heard this before, but this is outstanding.

This gets my vote 100%. The band might not have any link to Bristol but the song is everything you could ask for, up beat and lively, references Bristol, samples the Wurzels. It's perfect.

On 08/03/2021 at 18:00, maxjak said:

Fully agree. Brilliant, I love it. It's on repeat

3 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Trouble is, Massive Attack are many things, but rousing? Nope.

Rousing perhaps not but definitely ominous and atmosphere building. There's definitely a place for it in the pre-match ambience. For example, they've been using that video of City goals to Chemical Brothers - 'Galvanise' before kickoff. I actually think this is pretty good, and it's not a bad song choice either. Perhaps though that video could be put to Massive Attack - 'Unfinished Symphony'. Something like that.

I just think we could be a bit more imaginative - although given our sound system I don't think it could do many songs justice!

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Rousing perhaps not but definitely ominous and atmosphere building. There's definitely a place for it in the pre-match ambience. For example, they've been using that video of City goals to Chemical Brothers - 'Galvanise' before kickoff. I actually think this is pretty good, and it's not a bad song choice either. Perhaps though that video could be put to Massive Attack - 'Unfinished Symphony'. Something like that.

I just think we could be a bit more imaginative - although given our sound system I don't think it could do many songs justice!

Something punchy and memorable is what's needed - doesn't need to be new, they use some old Ska or reggae tune at Wolves, don't they?

Love it! Another vote here

Archived