IGNORED

Is the squad "complacent"

Shtanley

100% complacency.  This team needs a paradigm shift in mentality, what are acceptable performance levels and career progression. 

This summer we should see a massive overhaul. Evaluation of players suffering long term injuries and prospective recovery times. Loans for our under 23's and a deep dive into our younger players and pathway into the first team. Are they going to be good enough?

Either NP or the new in coming manager need a plan. Much like Steve C did. Create a team identity, get buy in and begin the transformation. 

This will be a very interesting summer. 

2 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

100% complacency.  This team needs a paradigm shift in mentality, what are acceptable performance levels and career progression. 

This summer we should see a massive overhaul. Evaluation of players suffering long term injuries and prospective recovery times. Loans for our under 23's and a deep dive into our younger players and pathway into the first team. Are they going to be good enough?

Either NP or the new in coming manager need a plan. Much like Steve C did. Create a team identity, get buy in and begin the transformation. 

This will be a very interesting summer. 

Yeah lot of sense there 

Dependant on a big buy in to the project from SL 

For me there is clearly something wrong in our dressing room. 

A new manager arrives. The players lift and play with serious energy and effort. We win 2 away games

We play Bournemouth and clearly the intensity had dropped a bit and we fairly unluckily got beaten

We play QPR and energy and effort back to pre NP levels and we get beaten.

For me we have very few winners in the squad. We have refused to sign players with character that might lead them to disagree with previous managers.

NP is a winner. He must see what he has inherited. He can't really crack the whip because if he drops players we have nobody to replace them with and frankly the players seem quite happy to sit on the bench.

I like the way he hooked Bakinson. This kid has it all but if he only plays when he is in the mood he will never reach his potential in the same way as JET did not.

I really hope that NP decides he wants to stay at the end of this but I fear if he is told he cannot make the big changes needed he will walk.

Complacent?.............you bet.  They don't care enough. Most of them seem to lack sufficient character to play for the shirt IMHO.   Once the crowds are allowed back in, then hopefully we can remind them all that it's a privilege to play for Bristol City, and not just a means to pay for their next Baby Bentley? ................ Or am i just being Naive & Anachronistic?

This was a classic episode.

The tone for QPR was set in the Bournemouth game. We were dreadful in that game. Miles off the pace.

yes we have 86 injuries.

yes our players aren’t good enough. I’ll single out Paterson for everything that is wrong. On his day, brilliant. His day come once a month.

yes they’re mentally weak.

yes, they don’t have a winning mentality.

I’m glad I saved a tenner and didn’t buy the QPR game.

yes, it’s all Mark Ashton’s fault.

Archived