IGNORED

Glasgow Rangers

Bob Thompson

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

Could not have put it better.

All this nonsense about 55 titles - simply not true.

They should never have been allowed to enter the league structure at the level they did, absolute farce, they should have started at the lowest level possible.

It is worth remembering that all of the SPL clubs except one, Kilmarnock IIRC, were ‘happy’ with the New Rangers or Servco as they were known in Scotland to remain in the SPL, That was until the supporters of said clubs made it abundantly clear that voting for that would have ended with deserted stadiums every week.

They cheated, it is as simple as that.

Because scottish football wouldn't survive without them.

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

So does that devalue such an achievement?  Not in my book. 21 straight wins is remarkable at at level of professional football.

Did you think it was remarkable when the current world record holders - TNS from the Welsh Premier League -  won 27 consecutive games? Given your condescending views on Scottish football it would be interesting to know how remarkable you thought TNS’ achievement was, especially as their record leaves Man City in their shadow?! 

The writing was on the wall for Celtic last season, Lennon should of gone in the summer, whatever your views on Scottish football and Rangers in particular it can't be denied that SG has done a great job, Rangers have been playing good football in Europe as well beating some decent teams, hopefully SG will move on in the summer!!! 

I congratulate Rangers on winning the league they're in, regardless of its' quality.

Thinking back to when del McInnes (who ironically left Aberdeen yesterday) was with us, there seemed to be a push towards Rangers, asking for 'Penny arcade' to be played before games etc, thankfully shot down. We are a non sectarian club with no allegiance to either Glasgow club aren't we and long may that continue?

No doubt Sturgeon will be blaming Rangers for covid rises in Glasgow now. I understand the need to celebrate but that show of support, although impressive, could be perceived as madness given our current predicament.

All that said, well done Rangers and well done Steven Gerrard. 

As long as these bigots are never allowed in the English leagues.

All there celebrations for a cup in a 2 team league  it would be like having a league made up of west country team 

There over the top celebrations are for one reason only sectarianism and hate

26 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I congratulate Rangers on winning the league they're in, regardless of its' quality.

Thinking back to when del McInnes (a who ironically left Aberdeen yesterday) was with us, there seemed to be a push towards Rangers, asking for 'Penny arcade' to be played before games etc, thankfully shot down. We are a non sectarian club with no allegiance to either Glasgow club aren't we and long may that continue?

No doubt Sturgeon will be blaming Rangers for covid rises in Glasgow now. I understand the need to celebrate but that show of support, although impressive, could be perceived as madness given our current predicament.

All that said, well done Rangers and well done Steven Gerrard. 

The penny arcade thing was an initiative where players and managers each chose a song to be played during the warm up before the game. I think it's a bit unfair to cite this as a 'push towards Rangers' - it's just a song McInnes chose.

24 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The penny arcade thing was an initiative where players and managers each chose a song to be played during the warm up before the game. I think it's a bit unfair to cite this as a 'push towards Rangers' - it's just a song McInnes chose.

Thanks Phileas, your memory is far better than mine! 

No offence meant to anyone BTW 

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Thanks Phileas, your memory is far better than mine! 

No offence meant to anyone BTW 

Oh no I didn't think you were being offensive, just for some reason I remember that pointless bit of trivia quite well. They tried to get one from the entire squad if I remember correctly.

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Did you think it was remarkable when the current world record holders - TNS from the Welsh Premier League -  won 27 consecutive games? Given your condescending views on Scottish football it would be interesting to know how remarkable you thought TNS’ achievement was, especially as their record leaves Man City in their shadow?! 

TNS (aka Oswestry Town) sum up just about everything that is wrong with modern football.

So a clever finance director at a bankrupt Northern Premier side sussed that by merging with a  village side who'd recently enjoyed success in a minor cup competition the other side of the border, they could pretty much guarantee income every year from the qualifying rounds of the Champions & Europa Leagues. Some years they were pulling in £800k from those competitions alone, streets ahead of the income of any other domestic side they faced either side of the border. Not to bother their ground didn't even meet the qualifying standard for those competitions. Meetings behind shareholders backs, dodgy dealing between FAW & UEFA. Forget the football, it was simply a licence to print money. 

It's akin Steep Holm gaining independence, gaining a place at UEFA's table and City taking over Steep Home Non-Wanderers to get rich quick. 

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not sure how you can class the Welsh League as Professional Football though? Unless it has changed TNS are the only professional club in the League the rest being semi - pro's.  

6 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

As long as these bigots are never allowed in the English leagues.

All there celebrations for a cup in a 2 team league  it would be like having a league made up of west country team 

There over the top celebrations are for one reason only sectarianism and hate

And the fact their team just won the league

On 07/03/2021 at 22:49, BS4 on Tour... said:

55 league titles! Wow! Well done The Teddy Bears! Most successful domestic team in the World - incredible stuff! 

I thought it was Al Ahly? Maybe i'm thinking of total trophies

Pub quiz question that! 

I can’t understand why anyone who isn’t a fan would have affinity with a club founded on religious bigotry with such a disgusting record of hate and division. They should have been disbanded once and for all after their expulsion for fraud. 
You only had to look at the celebrations in Belfast to see that the bigotry is still alive and well.

Still not fully recovered from sundays celabrations ,wow what a day ive lost count of how many times ive listened to penny arcade what a tune . Just hope jimmy krankie relaxes covid restrictions so we can get back up there for the end of season celabrations. WATP 

On 07/03/2021 at 23:17, 2015 said:

Well done the Gers, truly deserved after years of anti Rangers bashing up in Scotland. Can't keep a club of that size down for long.

**** Celtic and their hatred of all things British.

yep celtic vile club vile fans as bad if not worse than rovers

5 hours ago, Sturny said:

I thought it was Al Ahly? Maybe i'm thinking of total trophies

Pub quiz question that! 

Good shout - I thought no one in the world had won their domestic top division more times than the ‘Gers - I just checked though, Al Ahly has won their domestic league 42 times whilst Rangers has won 55 domestic league titles - but Al Ahly has also won their domestic equivalent of the FA Cup 37 times vs Rangers 33 Scottish Cup triumphs ... Rangers has won 27 Scottish League Cups too whereas Al Ahly has also won an insane amount of other seemingly obscure cups - but fair play to you for highlighting Al Ahly - I did mean domestic league top tier titles with my post but you’ve opened my eyes to another incredibly successful football club at domestic level ...

13 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

We are a non sectarian club with no allegiance to either Glasgow club aren't we and long may that continue?

Well Ska J - I must say I’m gutted by your post ... the word ‘either’ suggests there are only two clubs in Glasgow - a total affront to the incredibly loyal guys n gals who follow my equally beloved Partick Thistle FC - and also a kick in the teeth to the Queen’s Park FC supporters, especially as their club is the oldest football team in Scotland and the oldest football club in the world outside of England and Wales ... shameful!!! ???

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well Ska J - I must say I’m gutted by your post ... the word ‘either’ suggests there are only two clubs in Glasgow - a total affront to the incredibly loyal guys n gals who follow my equally beloved Partick Thistle FC - and also a kick in the teeth to the Queen’s Park FC supporters, especially as their club is the oldest football team in Scotland and the oldest football club in the world outside of England and Wales ... shameful!!! ???

I consider myself both embarrassed and chastised BS4. 

My apologies to Partick Thistle and Queens Park. 

:)

20 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

TNS (aka Oswestry Town) sum up just about everything that is wrong with modern football.

So a clever finance director at a bankrupt Northern Premier side sussed that by merging with a  village side who'd recently enjoyed success in a minor cup competition the other side of the border, they could pretty much guarantee income every year from the qualifying rounds of the Champions & Europa Leagues. Some years they were pulling in £800k from those competitions alone, streets ahead of the income of any other domestic side they faced either side of the border. Not to bother their ground didn't even meet the qualifying standard for those competitions. Meetings behind shareholders backs, dodgy dealing between FAW & UEFA. Forget the football, it was simply a licence to print money. 

It's akin Steep Holm gaining independence, gaining a place at UEFA's table and City taking over Steep Home Non-Wanderers to get rich quick. 

Ah, so that was LJ's plan when he promised "European football in 5 years"! 

15 hours ago, bredwood said:

They should have been disbanded once and for all after their expulsion for fraud. 

They were. They were liquidated. The club that previously bought titles aplenty are no more.

That's why it's abhorrent when their manager casually references the pleasure in updating the history books. It isn't 55 Gerrard, it's 1. Not their bigoted fans or the SFA would like to see it that way. They prefer to quietly brush matters under the carpet.

That's why it's so offensive when folks reference the larger pub teams should be allowed to play in England. Let them eat thistles, I say.

On 08/03/2021 at 10:09, Kid in the Riot said:

Ashton Gate has a bigger capacity than St Mirren, St Johnstone and Hamilton's grounds put together. 

Not really sure why this is relevant - Bristol’s population alone is more than double the combined populations of Paisley (St Mirren), Perth (St Johnstone) and Hamilton - so it’s only natural that our football stadium should have a bigger capacity than those three places combined?

On 10/03/2021 at 10:11, BTRFTG said:

They were. They were liquidated. The club that previously bought titles aplenty are no more.

That's why it's abhorrent when their manager casually references the pleasure in updating the history books. It isn't 55 Gerrard, it's 1. Not their bigoted fans or the SFA would like to see it that way. They prefer to quietly brush matters under the carpet.

That's why it's so offensive when folks reference the larger pub teams should be allowed to play in England. Let them eat thistles, I say.

Rangers football club wasn’t liquidated - their holding company was, so their achievements stand, as relevant as ever.

If Pula Sports Limited had been liquidated in the past would you have been happy for Bristol City’s history to have been totally erased?

8 hours ago, Bristolisredd said:

as soon as they play a half decent team they lose ??? shows how bad Scottish football is ... they would probably finish top 6 in championship and that’s being generous 

They have beaten decent teams along the way. SP are very good team. The real embarrassment last night was Spurs.

19 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Rangers football club wasn’t liquidated - their holding company was, so their achievements stand, as relevant as ever.

If Pula Sports Limited had been liquidated in the past would you have been happy for Bristol City’s history to have been totally erased?

Rangers (not just the holding company,) the trading business (essentially the name,) was sold to a new enterprise and the existing club, including all its cheating debts liabilities and history were liquidated. They are no more.

That's why the new mob got shouted down when they had the gall to try and resurrect the old club.

Poor comparison with City, we never cheated and bought our way to titles. We never deliberately cheated the taxpayer.

Archived