IGNORED

Video Editing

OneTeamInBristol

1 hour ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Can anyone recommend a good laptop and software for video editing?

Not looking at MacBook prices, preferably £3-500, I know this is quite a budget price but just wondered if there any out there that would do a good job at editing HD videos for Youtube/Instagram?

TIA

I must admit, I've just acquired a Mac for free and I'm quite impressed with Final Cut Pro, only got the 90 day trial. Never been a Mac fan especilly because they are so overpriced for the tech, but I can see why people like them for the integration with other Apple devices.

Problem with a low budget is you'll get what you pay in terms of quality. Ideally you want a fast processor, decent graphics card and a high res display. 

Something like a Dell G5 15 SE is at the "budget" end of the video editing / gaming spectrum and still about £750

You could try look for a second hand laptop with high specs? Someone might be upgrading and looking to sell. If you put a clean install of Windows on it it should still last you years.

Alternatively could you look at a desktop? Though you'll pay twice for a decent PC and a decent screen.

I'm not sure what the recommended software is on Windows these days, as I say Final Cut Pro on Mac appears to be very good.

What are you planning to produce? I've just been dabbling with some video editing myself but I've no idea what I'm doing and just watched a few tutorials, just playing around with home videos for now

Archived