IGNORED

Twitter player views...

spudski

...what's your view on what players like or share on Twitter? 

Say anything they like or be guarded?

Seen a few recently from the same few players that I've thought...hmmm?

The one I saw today that made me post this, was Ty liking a picture of former Prince Harry in angry mode making the shape of a gun with his hand...with the caption ' the Queen is a Pussio'...??

I've noticed he likes a lot of questionable stuff on twitter.

We all know this documentary is going to cause a shit storm... especially the racist side of it. 

Everyone is allowed their own personal views...that's democracy. 

However...am I being old fashioned in thinking it's likely to draw unwanted attention?

I'm all for free speech...but time and place... responsibilities in public eye?

Think players hold a sense of responsibility because they're popular public figures, Wells and his views on vaccinations springs to mind as something players should be putting the right message out on social media about rather than conspiracy theories and falsehoods.

11 minutes ago, spudski said:

The one I saw today that made me post this, was Ty liking a picture of former Prince Harry in angry mode making the shape of a gun with his hand...with the caption ' the Queen is a Pussio'...??

We all know this documentary is going to cause a shit storm... especially the racist side of it. 

However...am I being old fashioned in thinking it's likely to draw unwanted attention?

I just think you’re being old fashioned 

• Admin
14 minutes ago, spudski said:

Surely after the Nahki Wells tweets a few weeks back our squad have no excuses anymore for getting caught up in anything like this?

AS @Lrrr highlights they are public figures and whether they like it or not there are things they shouldn't be getting involved with

Just now, phantom said:

Surely after the Nahki Wells tweets a few weeks back our squad have no excuses anymore for getting caught up in anything like this?

AS @Lrrr highlights they are public figures and whether they like it or not there are things they shouldn't be getting involved with

I missed the Wells tweets.  I'm not an avid user of it...more a reader rather than tweeter. However some of what Ty likes are often ?

I don't have a problem with a player talking about their views in their personal space.

I do have a problem with them trying to inject it into the product I pay for. The actual game and broadcast of it.

Just now, spudski said:

I missed the Wells tweets.  I'm not an avid user of it...more a reader rather than tweeter. However some of what Ty likes are often ?

genuine question, what do you want out of following Tyreeq Bakinson? 

5 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I don't have a problem with a player talking about their views in their personal space.

I do have a problem with them trying to inject it into the product I pay for. The actual game and broadcast of it.

Don't forget that City supporting children will also be following Bakinson so he does have to be careful from that POV.

8 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I think that’s a really good question, bare in mind we don’t actually know these people, I’m all for he can tweet what he likes, it’s his account and as long as he’s not breaking rules he can crack on - if i don’t like the content i can choose to unfollow 

7 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I follow the majority of players and managers...often leads to other interesting posts regarding football. 

Unfortunately you also see what they like...I often think to myself, 'why the hell is this on my feed' as I don't follow this type of thing, then look, and it's more often than not something Ty has liked. ??

Players end up passing on the party line, have you seen this post

1786710990_Screenshot2021-03-08at18_54_58.png.6b2127b808ccb8ef3e77d42a076c3e28.png

And you get this sort of thing because of thoughtless, insensitive or brainless even bigoted Tweets like Andre Gray (I think) and others Tweet, often surfacing years later. Who has time or inclination to search through someones old Tweets I don't know, but it happens. They are expected to be interesting and fun, but get dogs abuse if they have an opinion so Tweets from most are vetted . How many times can you read "we go again" ?

22 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Disgraceful how he makes you follow him and then makes you read what he likes on Twitter. 

This pretty much sums it up. If I don’t like content coming from an account I don’t follow it. 

I unfollowed the official Bristol City one a couple years back because of the awful content they started to put out. 

I’ve gone as far as blocking the likes of Piers Morgan & Julia Hartley Brewer etc. 

You are in full control of what you see, if you have been wound up by something Bakinson has liked on a few occasions as you have mentioned, simply unfollow him. 

28 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Disgraceful how he makes you follow him and then makes you read what he likes on Twitter. 

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

This pretty much sums it up. If I don’t like content coming from an account I don’t follow it. 

I unfollowed the official Bristol City one a couple years back because of the awful content they started to put out. 

I’ve gone as far as blocking the likes of Piers Morgan & Julia Hartley Brewer etc. 

You are in full control of what you see, if you have been wound up by something Bakinson has liked on a few occasions as you have mentioned, simply unfollow him. 

Think you're missing my point chaps...yes a few things he likes and others, don't float my boat so to speak, but it doesn't bother me.

It was more to do with the content and whether it would be seen to reflect badly on them or the Club.

Personally I don't care. But I know how the modern world works these days. 

I was just throwing it out there.

I follow a few people that I can't stand...but they tweet interesting stuff that leads to more interesting stuff if you get my drift.

After all...Twitter is now the fastest form of getting news. After Otib of course ??

28 minutes ago, spudski said:

You can see for yourself if you go to his likes.

'Questionable' is objective I guess.

Having a quick look, a lot is anti-racism, football, and just young person humour. Wells spouting anti-vaccine stuff is fair enough and should of been clamped down on, but feel Tyreeq is the opposite. It's mainly him liking things, and can't see anything questionable there myself to be honest.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Sorry don't understand, is he praising her or having a go ?

I don't get why they can't just have two accounts.

One with their name, face, pic, and they use it for banal retweets for the club and "Happy birthday [random player]" stuff. I think if they've got their job and pics of them at work on there they have to accept they're partially representing their employer as well and should act accordingly.

Then just make another without their name/face associated and post / like / retweet all the random crap they want. Maybe they wouldn't get 40k followers though so their ego wouldn't like it!

3 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Sorry don't understand, is he praising her or having a go ?

He liked a tweet that said the Queen is a pussy. Attached to a pic showing Harry in an altercation drawing an imaginary gun at someone's head. So I guess anti...going by some other likes it was racist stuff re the Doc.

4 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

One with their name, face, pic, and they use it for banal retweets for the club and "Happy birthday [random player]" stuff. I think if they've got their job and pics of them at work on there they have to accept they're partially representing their employer as well and should act accordingly.

Then just make another without their name/face associated and post / like / retweet all the random crap they want. Maybe they wouldn't get 40k followers though so their ego wouldn't like it!

Exactly that...a few are private and by acceptance only. Never understood letting anyone follow you, opens up a whole can of worms.

41 minutes ago, spudski said:

I follow a few people that I can't stand...but they tweet interesting stuff that leads to more interesting stuff if you get my drift.

You’re quite right. I think it helps to follow people you know you don’t agree with. Otherwise your feed becomes a pointless echo chamber. 

39 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Exactly. Should be a clause their contracts to protect both them and the club. It causes distractions otherwise. 

28 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

You’re quite right. I think it helps to follow people you know you don’t agree with. Otherwise your feed becomes a pointless echo chamber. 

Is that why you follow me? ?

2 hours ago, spudski said:

I like Tyreeq as a player (when he’s good), but I’m overly keen on him liking that. But he’s probably a little too young to understand how that could be viewed. 

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I like Tyreeq as a player (when he’s good), but I’m overly keen on him liking that. But he’s probably a little too young to understand how that could be viewed. 

is that what you meant?

Archived