IGNORED

Could Ken Way Solve City's 'Passive Mood'?

Curr Avon

Nigel Pearson was being diplomatic during Saturday's post-match interview. For 'passive' read 'soft as a bottle of pop'.

But could Ken Way change that mentality?

Ken is the Sports Psychologist who Nigel recruited to Leicester City, culminating in their rise from League 1 to Premier League champions.

Here's a Daily Mail article from 2018, where Way talks about his and Pearson's contributions to Leicester's stunning success.

Psychologist opens up about his impact on Leicester City's Premier League winners - Leicestershire Live (leicestermercury.co.uk)

4 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Nigel was being diplomatic, for 'passive' read 'soft as a bottle of pop'.

Ken is the Sports Psychologist who Nigel recruited to Leicester City, which culminated in their rise from League 1 to Premier League champions.

Here's a Daily Mail article from 2018, where Way talks about his and Pearson's contributions to Leicester's stunning success.

Psychologist opens up about his impact on Leicester City's Premier League winners - Leicestershire Live (leicestermercury.co.uk)

No Ken Way.

• The title was changed to Could Ken Way Solve City's 'Passive Mood'?
3 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Nigel Pearson was being diplomatic during Saturday's post-match interview. For 'passive' read 'soft as a bottle of pop'.

Ken is the Sports Psychologist who Nigel recruited to Leicester City, culminating in their rise from League 1 to Premier League champions.

Intersting point. 

Would if NP goes perm. from end of the season on contract for 2/3  years. Would NP attempt to reassemble the scouts, coach's and important back room staff from his time at Leicester? . I wonder. 

And if that NP's plan to do that would  SL support and/or fund it? 

Interesting dilemmas or just staring you in the face common sense? 

3 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Intersting point. 

Would if NP goes perm. from end of the season on contract for 2/3  years. Would NP attempt to reassemble the scouts, coach's and important back room staff from his time at Leicester? . I wonder. 

And if that NP's plan to do that would  SL support and/or fund it? 

Interesting dilemmas or just staring you in the face common sense? 

Pearson is reknowned for his man management of players, so recruiting a Sports Psychologist this Summer would seem a logical step. 

And yes, I'd expect SL to fund it, probably on a trial basis.

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

Pearson is reknowned for his man management of players, so recruiting a Sports Psychologist this Summer would seem a logical step. 

And yes, I'd expect SL to fund it, probably on a trial basis.

Yes I do feel SL's seeming determination to get NP would show he is in for the full package with what he would want to bring with him or assemble around him in a future permanent job offer. The thought of 'on a trial basis' worrys me. 

If or when NP is made permanent the quicker his desired team and working practice is installed is a pre requisite for the whole of the offered managerial contract I would of hoped. 

I do not feel any quick fix can be expected from a permanent set up in NP's self and team. I do feel we all here can see the many past mistakes and current set up faults that have to be changed in a permanent new regime. 

Wonder where that would leaves Mr. Ashton

Archived