IGNORED

City mentioned in TV Dramas

Southport Red

6 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Was there not an entire episode dedicated to a Bristol Derby that ended up with loads being rushed to A and E?

Other than the ones mentioned thats it I think.

That was an actual news item Points West 1985. 

We were mentioned in a Archers episode as Bristol City Rovers who played at Ashton Villa.

However there must be a potential series in how a City like Bristol has so under achieved in Football.

That would be comedy Gold.

7 hours ago, Selred said:

The kid in Wild At Heart was a city fan. He had posters on his wall during the first episode. 

Aha, so that's where these posters disappeared to then.

Does anyone remember any of the names of these long lost posters?

13 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Not us but who can forget Nick Frost as the dim copper complete with s*g shirt in Hot Fuzz?

He chose that over a City shirt, apparently, because it made him look more of a clown. Apparently Frost is a die-hard Hammers fan, and was very unhappy about wearing another team's colours.

Does anyone else remember taking part in an episode of the kids’ tv programme Rosie & Jim at a match in the 1990s?  I think it was preseason in the year that the Atyeo Stand opened and we had to sing the words of a song about Rosie & Jim, with song sheets having been handed out.  “Rosie and Jim, Rosie and Jim, bobbing along on the old rag doll...”.

Or is this a rather disturbing dream, brought about by substance abuse in my younger days?

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Does anyone else remember taking part in an episode of the kids’ tv programme Rosie & Jim at a match in the 1990s?  I think it was preseason in the year that the Atyeo Stand opened and we had to sing the words of a song about Rosie & Jim, with song sheets having been handed out.  “Rosie and Jim, Rosie and Jim, bobbing along on the old rag doll...”.

Or is this a rather disturbing dream, brought about by substance abuse in my younger days?

23 minutes ago, Dave L said:

The world has changed apart from Colin....is it about a bloke who coaches teams to cheat and time waste and bang on about the injustices of officials because of his age and the fact he's a grandfather....?  

12 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

The world has changed apart from Colin....is it about a bloke who coaches teams to cheat and time waste and bang on about the injustices of officials because of his age and the fact he's a grandfather....?  

He’s 72, you know!

17 hours ago, Southport Red said:

I was watching McDonald & Dodds on Sunday ( I know, I know) and the story was about the murder of a ‘Bath Eagles’ Rugby player who had been signed from France for £400,000. 

At one point, the male Detective Constable said “£400,000?  Bristol City can’t even buy a corner flag for that”. 

Yes, I sat up and took notice when we were mentioned !

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes, EastEnders, Doctors and a merry man in Maid Marion and her Merry Men.

I recall a Marvin Brown Dance Troupe from Doctors.

5 hours ago, Dave L said:

Coo, a star in our ranks! Thanks, didn't realise. Respect.

On 09/03/2021 at 16:33, Clevedon Red said:

Then in the final series in 2004 wasn’t he wearing a rovers shirt.

Auf is one of my all time favourites.... but that was an unforgivable clanger! 
Also, in the first series they all go to watch Sunderland play a friendly... Oz ends up drunk on a boat home to England if I remember rightly.... later, and more logically, they’re Newcastle fans!

16 hours ago, Bedred31 said:

Only Fools and Horses was, of course, filmed in Bristol and I used to love the fact that Peckham market was the old East end car park- you could often see the the bright red corrugated cladding in the background.

We never win anything but we seem to be on tv a hell of a lot. Perhaps it’s our niche. 
Next year perhaps instead of entering the FA Cup we should try to win a BAFTA!!!! 

Archived