IGNORED

Failand Uncut(s)

RedNachos

16 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Could not see Palmer in there but then a pic came up of him on Twitter city page saying 'working towards the weekend.' so I assume he is there and still fit and available.

I liked his performance against QPR, but it was when he went really deep in a midfield 2. Still not entirely sure where Pearson will see Kasey's best role. 

No Vyner and Nagy in that training footage. I wonder if they will be available.

If they aren't then not many options. Maybe Bakinson, Lansbury and Palmer. I would probably prefer Massengo in there instead of Lansbury.

Walsh maybe an option too having played 2 23s games.

Interesting to see what looks like Josh Owers involved. Some of the others like Bell, Pearson, Towler had a game for 23s along with the seniors that needed minutes.

Maybe Josh Owers there is a sign that he may make the bench with midfielders unavailable - Nagy and Vyner possibly being those.

Wasn't it Kasey Palmer's partner who was expecting a baby recently? 

Thought there was a chance he could have missed a game, so maybe he has been given some personal time off and he'll be back before the weekend. 

24 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Could not see Palmer in there but then a pic came up of him on Twitter city page saying 'working towards the weekend.' so I assume he is there and still fit and available.

I liked his performance against QPR, but it was when he went really deep in a midfield 2. Still not entirely sure where Pearson will see Kasey's best role. 

If they aren't then not many options. Maybe Bakinson, Lansbury and Palmer. I would probably prefer Massengo in there instead of Lansbury.

Interesting to see what looks like Josh Owers involved. Some of the others like Bell, Pearson, Towler had a game for 23s along with the seniors that needed minutes.

Maybe Josh Owers there is a sign that he may make the bench with midfielders unavailable - Nagy and Vyner possibly being those.

Vyner & Nagy have to sit it out for now. Six day concussion protocol our nige said in his Monday interview 

40 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Didnt I read/hear somewhere that Vyner and Nagy are following concussion protocols, I think we may not see them at the weekend

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Noticed Josh too....perhaps moving towards 1st team and u23s training together more regularly....for certain aspects at least.

Also, although Pearson might not have a full say in the u23s contract renewals coming up, he’ll be involved in discussions at least, so might want to see some of them that haven’t been up with the seniors.  Only guesswork on my part.

58 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Wasn't it Kasey Palmer's partner who was expecting a baby recently? 

Thought there was a chance he could have missed a game, so maybe he has been given some personal time off and he'll be back before the weekend. 

Haven’t heard is she’s had the baby yet....might’ve had to dash off today?

36 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Didnt I read/hear somewhere that Vyner and Nagy are following concussion protocols, I think we may not see them at the weekend

Earliest they can return to training is Friday....which I think was eluded to by NP on Mondays SOTC.  Nagy only came out of hospital on Monday (I think) so he looks less likely than Vyner from the chart below.

02977449-B1F0-42BB-9D98-E0009FCB1A6C.thumb.jpeg.d3d1e3ed40f017a6e8d21872021ecae7.jpeg

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Noticed Josh too....perhaps moving towards 1st team and u23s training together more regularly....for certain aspects at least.

Also, although Pearson might not have a full say in the u23s contract renewals coming up, he’ll be involved in discussions at least, so might want to see some of them that haven’t been up with the seniors.  Only guesswork on my part.

Haven’t heard is she’s had the baby yet....might’ve had to dash off today?

Earliest they can return to training is Friday....which I think was eluded to by NP on Mondays SOTC.  Nagy only came out of hospital on Monday (I think) so he looks less likely than Vyner from the chart below.

02977449-B1F0-42BB-9D98-E0009FCB1A6C.thumb.jpeg.d3d1e3ed40f017a6e8d21872021ecae7.jpeg

My reading of that is that they can (just about) make the game, all being well. However, with AN being hospitalised, I wonder if they might not push him back.

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I’d like to see Louis Britton given a chance. Thought it was a shame when he’s been scoring for fun,  that he was bumped out the U23s to the bench this week 

1 hour ago, reddoh said:

Hopefully someone will educate us both ?

It gets the glutes firing, which help stabilise / control lateral movement of the leg and reduces risk of knee injury. Also, the glutes don't activate quite so automatically, it's easy to rely on your quads and hams, so getting them 'switched on' increases total available leg strength.

Korey Smith used to come out after his knee injury and do extra sessions of these before the start of the match.

@redsquirrel

https://www.thebiomechanicsmethod.com/2019/07/09/are-weak-glutes-causing-your-knee-pain/

8 hours ago, GlastonburyRed said:

My reading of that is that they can (just about) make the game, all being well. However, with AN being hospitalised, I wonder if they might not push him back.

I wondered if the hospitalisation was just because someone with concussion has to be monitored and maybe Nagy lives alone, yet Vyner had someone who lived with him/nearby as opposed to one being worse than the other.

Pure guess work on my part with Vyner being a local lad and Nagy not.

6 hours ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

It gets the glutes firing, which help stabilise / control lateral movement of the leg and reduces risk of knee injury. Also, the glutes don't activate quite so automatically, it's easy to rely on your quads and hams, so getting them 'switched on' increases total available leg strength.

Korey Smith used to come out after his knee injury and do extra sessions of these before the start of the match.

@redsquirrel

https://www.thebiomechanicsmethod.com/2019/07/09/are-weak-glutes-causing-your-knee-pain/

Correct answer 

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I wondered if the hospitalisation was just because someone with concussion has to be monitored and maybe Nagy lives alone, yet Vyner had someone who lived with him/nearby as opposed to one being worse than the other.

Pure guess work on my part with Vyner being a local lad and Nagy not.

I think Nagy said there is a baby on the way so I presume he lives with a partner/wife.

13 hours ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

@redsquirrel

thankyou, makes a lot of sense now.  for the life of me i couldnt think why you would want to strengthen a side step outwards,pulling in maybe but now all is revealed. appreciated,thankyou

20 hours ago, 054123 said:

@Davefevsdid you enjoy the drill at 5:00?

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I did indeed.  Got to shuffle across that line as a team and quickly.

That’s the sort of drill I would expect them to be working on every day, hours per week. 
Shape, shape, shape. Working as a unit. Shuffling, denying space. Pressing and counterbalancing. It’s basic training that I used to do with my teams even at suburban league level. 
You’d hope they work on this sort of stuff numerous times per week. 
Arsenal’s legendary back 4 didn’t just click. They’d have worked on their line and shape for hundreds of hours. 
I’d rather they work more on this stuff than spending ages passing round manikins 

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

That’s the sort of drill I would expect them to be working on every day, hours per week. 
Shape, shape, shape. Working as a unit. Shuffling, denying space. Pressing and counterbalancing. It’s basic training that I used to do with my teams even at suburban league level. 
You’d hope they work on this sort of stuff numerous times per week. 
Arsenal’s legendary back 4 didn’t just click. They’d have worked on their line and shape for hundreds of hours. 
I’d rather they work more on this stuff than spending ages passing round manikins 

As copied by The Full Monty!!!

Archived