IGNORED

West Country resurgence?

22A

OK, City & Rovers fans will be disappointed with this season.

Elsewhere however; Cheltenham & Forest Green are both looking good for promotion from League 2. Exeter are well placed for the play offs, one place outside but with two games in hand,

Torquay are well placed to regain their League status from the National League.

The observation has been made that Bristol is regarded as a sporting back water. Just a suggestion, teams from the general geographic location getting success may make the entire area less of a back water and easier to attract better players to?

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Elsewhere however; Cheltenham & Forest Green are both looking good for promotion from League 2. Exeter are well placed for the play offs, one place outside but with two games in hand,

The observation has been made that Bristol is regarded as a sporting back water. Just a suggestion, teams from the general geographic location getting success may make the entire area less of a back water and easier to attract better players to?

I would just point out that these teams successes so far this season, have been in the fourth and fifth tier of professional football. While we are making a balls up of life in the 2nd tier and the ground stealers are making an even bigger balls up of life in the third tier. Probably thought of as a totally irrelevant footballing region by most football supporters, sadly.

Another point to add, if I might be a little pedantic. You need a surge prior to a resurgence. Two short spells in the top tier and not a sniff of it for the ground stealers doesn't really count as a surge, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, 22A said:

I'm not sure Messi is going to get on the Thatchers just because Torquay might make it back to League 2.

I do get your point though.

5 hours ago, 22A said:

The observation has been made that Bristol is regarded as a sporting back water....

We are a ‘footballing’ backwater - we have two professional football clubs based in a massively populated city who have won nothing of significance between them in their combined histories ... hard to argue against any sort of ‘backwater’ claims here ...

7 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Didn’t they lose their manager to Chesterfield? I wonder what effect that will have on them.

Yes,James rowe,took Gloucester city's top scorer,asante,with him too,Paul groves took over and had kept Gloucester top

Archived