IGNORED

Gold

BUTOR

13 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Have they changed the recipe? Tastes like shit 

Might be the harvest of apples, always tastes 'odd' over the winter for me. I know they do a sweeter version for the south east don't they? 

16 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Have they changed the recipe? Tastes like shit 

Yes they have, I've had 3/4 mates agree with me a couple months back when I said it.

It coincided with the slight change in logo and texture on the cans.

I was searching around for the old style boxes at the back of the shelves in Sainsburys.

• Admin
5 hours ago, TomF said:

Might be the harvest of apples, always tastes 'odd' over the winter for me. I know they do a sweeter version for the south east don't they? 

Haven’t heard of that with Thatchers, but Blackthorn used to have a sweeter version that went outside of the West Country- the kegs had different coloured plastic caps, can’t remember which colour was which now.

10 hours ago, TomF said:

Apples? They make it with concentrated apple juice imported from Romania and Poland these days. 

Wilkins is the way forward! 

On 11/03/2021 at 17:43, Maesknoll Red said:

Haven’t heard of that with Thatchers, but Blackthorn used to have a sweeter version that went outside of the West Country- the kegs had different coloured plastic caps, can’t remember which colour was which now.

Got 4 Blackthorn Gold tonight instead. Think they’re nicer now to be honest. 

Archived