IGNORED

Fully Fit Squad

Bs4Red

6 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Mawson for sure shouldn't be considered, but Sess  is a perfectly valid inclusion.  He was signed to replace Pereira, not because we had injuries.  He was a tactical acquisition.

Good point, we were looking for  RB or RWB regardless .

4 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

With a fully fit squad we still would not have a 20 goal per year sticker or a winger who can beat his man and deliver an accurate cross consistently. O'Dowd or Semenyo do not fit that bill.

No reason to think that Wells couldn't have had a good go if he had a decent run in his favoured position. Add more contribution from midfield, Pato etc and that defence looks strong. You can get promotion without a 20 goal striker, remember Cheesley & Ritchie.

Plus, as Holden was set on a 3-5-2 an out and out winger would have been, for the most part, excess to requirement. If needed COD can definitely go past players Remember we have just lost a winger as he didn't get enough games, and he didn't get enough games as he didn't defend or fit the system.

27 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I've been thinking all season just imagine how much better we'd be with some of our key players available. We won't ever see what a fully fit best 11 will look like this season.

What I'm interested to see now is what our best 11 will be once those nearly back have returned.

Rowe, Baker, Walsh, Paterson, O'Dowda, Watkins. It will be a big boost to our squad having those available.

Our best??..

Oh my sides..

Four of those mentioned will be history if Nige takes up the challenge- no more 'gravy train.

The only 'key will be for the exit & I can't wait..

17 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

You say that but a team that consisted of players like orr, byfield etc made a play off final. I would personally have hunt and Martin over these 2

Difference is they lot gave everything for the shirt and eachother.

Archived