IGNORED

Wilder

Bristolisredd

Just now, Bernard Lerring said:

What a bizarre time to sack him, I doubt even Pep could keep them up now. 

They'd be better off letting him rebuild them with the parachute payments next season and storm the league. Odd decision!

As above its not performance its the new owner wanting Wilder to accept being head coach with a DOF rather than manager and having control over transfers etc

Just highlights the difference between them & Norwich, who have a plan & so stick to it.

They pretty much replicated Sheff U’s season last year but were confident that Farke would take them back up & as they are 10 points clear, it looks like they were right.

A change at the top is a gamble & Sheff U will be extremely clever (or lucky) to find another Wilder.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just highlights the difference between them & Norwich, who have a plan & so stick to it.

They pretty much replicated Sheff U’s season last year but were confident that Farke would take them back up & as they are 10 points clear, it looks like they were right.

A change at the top is a gamble & Sheff U will be extremely clever (or lucky) to find another Wilder.

It’s due to a change in structure after Wilder signed some players last summer for a lot of money that haven’t worked out.  He won’t work under new structure 

1 minute ago, Super said:

Not sure that means too much tbh.

Then why did he not seek out the Wednsday job before joining us. He also name checked Wilder during his answer saying he could not do that, live and work in the same city.

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

Then why did he not seek out the Wednsday job before joining us. He also name checked Wilder during his answer saying he could not do that, live and work in the same city.

That club has been a mess for a while. We are a well run stable club.

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Isn't Pearson a bit of a Sheffield Wednesday legend? I think he captained them when they got to two cup finals in the 1990s. Surely that would be a massive reason against too?

Maybe I'll be proven wrong but getting rid of Wilder seems to be an absolutely ridiculous decision, whatever the reasons.

Sheffield United had been in the doldrums for years and had years of underachievement before he took over there and, given the speed of their rise, I'm not sure how solid the foundations are underpinning it. They'll have the parachute payments but the Championship is ultra competitive and he's made that team more than the sum of its parts. I can easily see them being a Huddersfield or worse. 

Archived