IGNORED

Wilder

Bristolisredd

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wilder wanted at least two who went to Aston Villa apparently but was outmatched on fees/wages possibly.

On his target list so I've read were Cash, Robinson, Watkins.

You are right - I think the main falling out with the owner is over wages. This is why the players who have coped well with the PL will leave in the summer.

They were prepared to pay transfer fees not wages so they could only recruit potential not proven talent. I presume because they thought they would get the transfer fees back on the youngsters but I doubt this will apply with Brewster.

In some way I suppose they wanted the Burnley model - their wages are not as low obviously.

The difference is Dyche is a much more experienced manager.

I think part of Wilders success was his love of the club but that only gets you so far - see Lee Johnson for quotes!

11 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

When did we finish ninth in the Premier League? Must have been in a coma that season

Did I say that!.

There are parallels in respect of having a brilliant season, then as soon as things go wrong forgetting about that! 
These managers deserve loyalty.

56 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Did I say that!.

There are parallels in respect of having a brilliant season, then as soon as things go wrong forgetting about that! 
These managers deserve loyalty.

There's a difference between being relegated from the premier league when you didn't invest vast amounts to begin with and have banked an absolute fortune plus parachute payments and getting relegated from the championship

12 hours ago, Lrrr said:

There's a difference between being relegated from the premier league when you didn't invest vast amounts to begin with and have banked an absolute fortune plus parachute payments and getting relegated from the championship

Without really wanting to go over old ground. SU will get relegated. Whereas there is no proof whatsoever that we would have got relegated from the Championship at that time.

I read somewhere (think it was Facebook so take it with a pinch of salt) that the falling out was over Rhian Brewster and the fact that Wilder wanted him in as the player who could help them build on last season, so they agreed to the £23m transfer but he has not scored a goal all season. This has lead to disagreements over future transfers.

Madness if you ask me. He would have been the perfect man to take them back up next season.

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I read somewhere (think it was Facebook so take it with a pinch of salt) that the falling out was over Rhian Brewster and the fact that Wilder wanted him in as the player who could help them build on last season, so they agreed to the £23m transfer but he has not scored a goal all season. This has lead to disagreements over future transfers.

Madness if you ask me. He would have been the perfect man to take them back up next season.

I expected Brewster to do well there but he looks like he's playing with zero confidence atm 

On 12/03/2021 at 19:11, Dullmoan Tone said:

In some way I suppose they wanted the Burnley model - their wages are not as low obviously.

The difference is Dyche is a much more experienced manager.

Well that is just not true - Chris Wilder has been a manager for well over 900 games and Sean Dyche has been a manager for just over 450 games ...

As orhers have said, Wilder's passion for all things Blades has been the mainstay of his success, sometimes a face just fits with a club.

Whether he can reproduce his success at another club will be interesting, but I don't think I would  be taking a chance on him.

With that squad he had he was never going to survive this season, howrver they managed to best the Gas after a losing run of 100 or so matches, and we let them win 1.0 by just not turning up! Have you ever seen such a poor striking options in the two Ollies? SU will I feel struggle now, they always seem to have lacked an identity even when they were managed by Warnock in his madman period.

Find it mad some people think Wilder is inexperienced or has only done it at one club. He’s literally worked his way up through the leagues and won promotion at each of his past three clubs, including getting an absolute mess of a club in Northampton out of League Two.

The guy is an absolute class act, tactically brilliant and if he was a few years younger and southern the media/fans would be touting him for big things.

If we didn’t have Nigel Pearson/he doesn’t stay I’d bite your arm off for Chris Wilder.

51 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Find it mad some people think Wilder is inexperienced or has only done it at one club. He’s literally worked his way up through the leagues and won promotion at each of his past three clubs, including getting an absolute mess of a club in Northampton out of League Two.

The guy is an absolute class act, tactically brilliant and if he was a few years younger and southern the media/fans would be touting him for big things.

If we didn’t have Nigel Pearson/he doesn’t stay I’d bite your arm off for Chris Wilder.

Perhaps with a Catalonian accent.

23 hours ago, billywedlock said:

They are mad. Wilder has been exceptional . They needed to look at Norwich and Burnley, who stuck together. Bournemouth should have stuck with Howe. Brewster needed to score, bit thye lost some key players at the back who defined how they played. 

Thought Howe quit Bournemouth? Unsure FFP was to his liking, he complained about the old system in 2015 for one. Was clear that when they came down, cutbacks would be required.

On 13/03/2021 at 23:19, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well that is just not true - Chris Wilder has been a manager for well over 900 games and Sean Dyche has been a manager for just over 450 games ...

Yes it is for the PL - Wilder managed 66 PL matches, Dyche managed 219 PL games.

The context of the post was SU wanted to preserve PL football via a Burnely (low wage) model.

11 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Yes it is for the PL - Wilder managed 66 PL matches, Dyche managed 219 PL games.

The context of the post was SU wanted to preserve PL football via a Burnely (low wage) model.

Ah right, so you think that managers who have managed a few games in the premier league are ‘more experienced’ than managers who have been managers for loads more games outside the premier league? You said Sean Dyche was ‘a much more experienced manager than Wilder’ despite the fact Wilder has been a manager for more than double the number of games Dyche has! So, you obviously believe that Dario Gradi (1,557 games as a manager) is less experienced than Scott Parker (96 games as a manager and not all in the PL)? What a strange, twisted logic ... 

Archived