IGNORED

BBC website football rivalries quiz

Try Again coatpile

Really sorry if this already has a topic - just been on the BBC sport website and saw Football Rivalries quiz ( day off today...). You have to enter the clubs which match footballers from teams with a major rivalry (in a very restricted and annoying format). 10 pairs of footballers in 4 mins. Number One: John Atyeo-Ian Holloway. Says it all really - England international with massively impressive record vs annoying person best known for being mouthy on TV...

(Quiz wasn’t hard btw)

Nice to get some publicity though - and they rightly had us named first!!

3 hours ago, Try Again coatpile said:

Really sorry if this already has a topic - just been on the BBC sport website and saw Football Rivalries quiz ( day off today...). You have to enter the clubs which match footballers from teams with a major rivalry (in a very restricted and annoying format). 10 pairs of footballers in 4 mins. Number One: John Atyeo-Ian Holloway. Says it all really - England international with massively impressive record vs annoying person best known for being mouthy on TV...

(Quiz wasn’t hard btw)

Nice to get some publicity though - and they rightly had us named first!!

The first attempt I had at that I wasted 3 out of the 4 minutes trying to get it to accept the bloody answer.

The questions are straightforward enough but it's not easy to type the answers in the format required inside 4 minutes. Managed to do it at the second attempt with around 25 seconds to spare. 

Hardest question for me was the Arthur Duncan/John Robertson rivalry. I was definitely thinking of another club for Robbo. 

Well the first two answers I gave were Bristol and Glasgow, typed in exactly the same way the answers were shown, with no space after the last letters, and I got them both wrong apparently. 

Binned it off. POS.

Sorry to all the people wanting to put something through the screen with frustration at getting it to accept the right *** answer. On reflection, perhaps I should have said something stronger than ‘restricted and annoying format’. Like Royston I started off thinking about Forest for John Robertson (don’t know the other guy) trouble is even when that was wrong there were many possibilities for how they might want Notts County before I finally gave it up and remembered the Edinburgh connection...

Archived