IGNORED

Robins tv

Redandproud

15 hours ago, Redandproud said:

Is anyone else having trouble buying the stream tomorrow, ive logged into Bcfc app, pressed Robins tv ,but got option to buy tkts ,no Robins tv,,cannot get Robins tv, to buy, any help would be appreciated, oh I'm using mobile app, 

The best way I find is if you’re on twitter , find the tweet promoting the game & click on it . It takes you straight to the page , scroll down & click on paypal . It’s the quickest way. 

I'm finding them infuriating. I pay monthly. Haven't been able to use the app for four weeks (keeps telling me to buy, then tells me I already have a subscription). Log in to webpage and it crashes every 90 seconds. I'm glad they don't have a phone line because if they did I'd be acting like a massive asshole to some poor helpdesk bastard right now. 

Fans said they didn't like Lisa Knights, so club bring in someone whose a great personality (ask cricket fans) and learning a new skillset, as he says he's sat next to a professional player/coach whose the football knowledge for the production. How many people can say they can pick a new skill straight away? If people say that RobinsTV should have someone whose more professional well we have Lisa Knights but back to point A about fans not liking her seemingly. So the club would have to go outside the club to find someone who works in broadcasting who A) would be available on match days and B) the club needing to pay the going rate for someone in that industry where Trego would be a lot cheaper to bring in.

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Fans said they didn't like Lisa Knights, so club bring in someone whose a great personality (ask cricket fans) and learning a new skillset, as he says he's sat next to a professional player/coach whose the football knowledge for the production. How many people can say they can pick a new skill straight away? If people say that RobinsTV should have someone whose more professional well we have Lisa Knights but back to point A about fans not liking her seemingly. So the club would have to go outside the club to find someone who works in broadcasting who A) would be available on match days and B) the club needing to pay the going rate for someone in that industry where Trego would be a lot cheaper to bring in.

Michelle Owen.

Just now, bcfc01 said:

Michelle Owen.

On match days Michelle works as a match day reporter for Sky, would have to debate the benefits of working as a presenter on Robins TV or working for Sky on match days, working for Sky could lead to much better opportunities in future

Just now, Lrrr said:

On match days Michelle works as a match day reporter for Sky, would have to debate the benefits of working as a presenter on Robins TV or working for Sky on match days, working for Sky could lead to much better opportunities in future

She's a free lancer as I understand it ?

It was just a thought as she is very knowledgeable, popular and already has a City podcast with GMG.

9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

She's a free lancer as I understand it ?

It was just a thought as she is very knowledgeable, popular and already has a City podcast with GMG.

She is point being her match days are usually already filled so would present the choice of working for sky or Robins TV

17 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Ha!

Go on Tregs!

14 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

She is point being her match days are usually already filled so would present the choice of working for sky or Robins TV

Yep. Put it this way - (a) Sky probably pay more than City, (b) you want to get in front of as many people as possible to keep your industry profile up.

I've got no problem with them all TBH - It's got to be a difficult gig, being a pundit employed by the club - they're so limited what they can say and have to be positive.

Think the new guy Peter is good too. 

I like Rene a lot, he probably talks a little too much, but he's getting better and some of his insight's are great. He reads the game well.

I think the criticism of him came about when he had to tow the company line through Deano's dark days and to be fair to him he tried to stay positive, but he was frankly pissing into the wind.

He seemed to do quite a few games too and I think it's better when it's mixed up between him, Tin's, players etc. 

Helps we won, but I had no problem with it yesterday. 

30 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I've got no problem with them all TBH - It's got to be a difficult gig, being a pundit employed by the club - they're so limited what they can say and have to be positive.

Think the new guy Peter is good too. 

I like Rene a lot, he probably talks a little too much, but he's getting better and some of his insight's are great. He reads the game well.

I think the criticism of him came about when he had to tow the company line through Deano's dark days and to be fair to him he tried to stay positive, but he was frankly pissing into the wind.

He seemed to do quite a few games too and I think it's better when it's mixed up between him, Tin's, players etc. 

Helps we won, but I had no problem with it yesterday. 

Peter is good??? 

No he isn’t, he’s hands down the worst presenter I’ve ever seen.  Doesn’t know what he’s doing, is really awkward, has a malfunction  whenever there is any kind of change to plan .  The only value he has is comedy - my family have a good laugh when he’s on which has been useful in a way especially when the football was so dire. 

That said, thank god for Robins TV through this last year. It may be of questionable quality, but it’s been fantastic because it’s enabled us to see all of the City games, home and away. Thank you to whoever is responsible for running this service no matter how bad your choice of presenter or commentator - that doesn’t include Lisa by the way who is fine, or Downsey.

19 minutes ago, SouthS22 said:

Peter is good??? 

No he isn’t, he’s hands down the worst presenter I’ve ever seen.  Doesn’t know what he’s doing, is really awkward, has a malfunction  whenever there is any kind of change to plan .  The only value he has is comedy - my family have a good laugh when he’s on which has been useful in a way especially when the football was so dire. 

That said, thank god for Robins TV through this last year. It may be of questionable quality, but it’s been fantastic because it’s enabled us to see all of the City games, home and away. Thank you to whoever is responsible for running this service no matter how bad your choice of presenter or commentator - that doesn’t include Lisa by the way who is fine, or Downsey.

Each to their own. Think that's an over reaction, but whatever.

To be honest, I don't tend to watch much of the pre-game or half time stuff - but it's RobinsTV, my expectations aren't high. I imagine it's a tough gig for the presenter, not like a BBC or Sky job where you've got 2 or 3 other people to bounce off and lots of high level production highlights, stats, interviews etc to go off to. 

It's not unusual to see or hear even top level presenters on live TV or radio have 'moments' when it goes off script - and I expect Robins TV doesn't pay big bucks and that's reflected in the production value.

It's much better now though than when it started. 

Archived