IGNORED

Robins tv

Redandproud

3 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Fans said they didn't like Lisa Knights, so club bring in someone whose a great personality (ask cricket fans) and learning a new skillset, as he says he's sat next to a professional player/coach whose the football knowledge for the production. How many people can say they can pick a new skill straight away? If people say that RobinsTV should have someone whose more professional well we have Lisa Knights but back to point A about fans not liking her seemingly. So the club would have to go outside the club to find someone who works in broadcasting who A) would be available on match days and B) the club needing to pay the going rate for someone in that industry where Trego would be a lot cheaper to bring in.

You describe our former SLO, star or stage and screen and knowledgeable City fan @Dave L quite well!

Give Dave a game or two, not to rob Trego of an opportunity, but to share things around a bit.

I quite like Trego doing the presenting, but find Downsy as someone who seems to have little interest in the game and is just dialling in a performance, which if he has an interesting co-host is fine, Knights on the other hand seems remarkably insincere in her presenting - I'm sure she is a lovely person and skilled at her role, just find the tone of it joyless.

£10 to watch city.

Some  commentary and a decent picture is all I’m after.

Anything else is a bonus.

What do you want from the club? They’re not a production company with a massive budget.

I know it’s not as good as any tv production.

Why would it be??

I know she’s not liked on OTIB, but Lisa Knights is the best anchor we’ve had on Robinstv so far (Downsy and Trego the other two).

Trego is obviously learning, so deserves a bit of slack, but he seems very nervous and unnatural.

Haha with his tweet back to the Exiled Robin though.

40 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know she’s not liked on OTIB, but Lisa Knights is the best anchor we’ve had on Robinstv so far (Downsy and Trego the other two).

Trego is obviously learning, so deserves a bit of slack, but he seems very nervous and unnatural.

Haha with his tweet back to the Exiled Robin though.

And this is why the club will never be able to keep everyone happy, your view differs to mine, and our views will probably be different to someone else.

Fact is, we all pay our tenners for the game, not the build up and analysis.

3 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Each to their own. Think that's an over reaction, but whatever.

To be honest, I don't tend to watch much of the pre-game or half time stuff - but it's RobinsTV, my expectations aren't high. I imagine it's a tough gig for the presenter, not like a BBC or Sky job where you've got 2 or 3 other people to bounce off and lots of high level production highlights, stats, interviews etc to go off to. 

It's not unusual to see or hear even top level presenters on live TV or radio have 'moments' when it goes off script - and I expect Robins TV doesn't pay big bucks and that's reflected in the production value.

It's much better now though than when it started. 

Exactly the same, I log on just after 2.30 to make sure it is all working ok & then mute it until kick off.

The camera work is a bit ropey at times but I’m amazed at the picture quality on a smart TV, especially in contrast to when I sometimes watch us on the red button in midweek.

I have been really grateful to see these games during the pandemic & £10 a pop is nothing as I’m still quids in from my ST refunds.

When I did watch the bits before I thought Lisa Knights was very good, personally.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

And this is why the club will never be able to keep everyone happy, your view differs to mine, and our views will probably be different to someone else.

Fact is, we all pay our tenners for the game, not the build up and analysis.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

48 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Exactly the same, I log on just after 2.30 to make sure it is all working ok & then mute it until kick off.

The camera work is a bit ropey at times but I’m amazed at the picture quality on a smart TV, especially in contrast to when I sometimes watch us on the red button in midweek.

I have been really grateful to see these games during the pandemic & £10 a pop is nothing as I’m still quids in from my ST refunds.

When I did watch the bits before I thought Lisa Knights was very good, personally.

I leave it on mute, listening to BBCRB until about 2:50pm, but I do pay £10 for some professional analysis too.

No disrespect to Dan Baker (think that’s his name) and James Crawley (club) who accompanied Toby last season post-COVID, but it was awful listening to them too.  They had Gary Johnson in the studio abd didn’t use him???

I wrote to Dave Barton, saying that if you want us to pay a tenner (new revenue stream) this season, that they needed professional analysis.  They’ve used Gary Probert, Rene, Tins, Andi Weimann etc since....and it’s been much better.

Archived