IGNORED

Birmingham (A) - Sat 13th March 15:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

242 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good morning Ostriches! Get your head out the sand it's matchday!

This game... is IMO pretty big for Pearson. It's the first real chance to not fully focus on recovery as we didn't play a midweek game. It might be the last before we are able to field some of the big returnees that featured in the Under 23s game. Baker, O'Dowda and Watkins all played 66 minutes while Walsh completed the full game so there's potential for them to be involved. Walsh last played for us in August 2019! It's so long ago that our co commentator Rene Gilmartin was on the bench! Mute buttons at the ready, aim, CLICK!

We need to judge Pearson in comparison to Holden, and that's easier IMO when they have roughly the same players available. That's why this game feels important in his evaluation. Speaking of which I'm curious how people are feeling about Pearson so have put the question up there. With a someone like Chris Wilder potentially available who has more recent success, we don't have to just settle if Pearson doesn't show enough. A reaction today feels necessary after Pearson expressed displeasure over last weeks game. Just like every time under Holden, I'm sure we'll respond! We go again...

If you think watching one BCFC is bad, try two! Good grief Charlie Brown! Birmingham City are the worst watch in the championship IMO, at least Wycombe are hilariously bad. Today is very much a test of attitude. While we're not safe, we'll pick up some points sometime... riiiight? while Birmingham should be fighting for their lives one place above relegation. Birmingham are in mixed form, following a run of poor form, much like us! They lost their last game to Barnsley, the same as QPR.. bodes well... We meet Jonathan Leko again, and there's a couple of players I enjoy watching. Ivan Sanchez their 17 is fun if he plays as is the ever annoying/good/reliable Jutkiewicz. The first Birmingham game this season felt like the beginning of the end in retrospect. We couldn't break them down, got hit with a sucker punch, and it all began to feel very very familiar...

image.png.2b015070f9c51ec37c416ed07b999725.png

Holy moly, they have Honest Aitor Karanka in charge, he sounds, also very familiar, like a great human to me!

image.png.4e130b7211ea5ebd692dc706004f0a49.png

No excuses!

And no excuses from us either after a full week of preparation! We go again! ... Things haven't gotten so bad that Pearson will name himself on the bench yet.

COYR!

This will be won or lost in midfield, Brum are a big strong side we need to battle a lot harder than our last game or we will come away with nothing. Big game this expect a few changes, we cant rely on just our defence and goalie the rest have to step up. FIGHT! cat fight GIF

A good friend of mine is a Birmingham fan and says this season they have been dire. Karanka doesn't play the strongest formation, and continuously puts 'square pegs in round holes'

We really should be looking to go express ourselves today. Birmingham have to win, we just don't want to lose 

I can see us taking a point 

Be interesting to see the line-up now NP has a a full week to assess & work with players, hope to see Walsh involved at some point.

Part of me would bench Fammy for the remaining games, as he if off anyway, but his ability to win defensive headers might be needed against a big brum side.

At least looking forward to the game, would have been dreading us under Holden.

Ive gone for a 2-0 win and a contract to NP

I think he will still go with his 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation and we may see Walsh on the bench but that will be about it for those returning

With regards the line up, a lot will depend on if Vyner and Nagy are fit but I would like Fam dropped up front for Wells but NP does like to play with a target man up top so he may keep faith in Fam 

Hope to see Walsh on the pitch at some stage, if unlikely to be starting.

He came through the u23 game very well fitness wise apparently, and impressed Pearson.

Judging by this picture they've clearly hit it off imo, which could make all the difference as far as him signing a new contract is concerned.

Let's hope so.

Liam Walsh of Bristol City and Bristol City manager Nigel Pearson after a 2-0 win 

As usual, I suppose it depends which City turn up - The mens team or the ladies.  If we play like girls today, Brum will have us on toast. I don't think NP is the type for allowing too much messing around though and will be telling the players to get stuck in.

It may get physical and I can see a red card or two this afternoon - KP is my big risk here, probably for petulance after being penalised for some minor infringement.

Dull 0-0 draw is my prediction with City creating 0 chances and having 0 shots on target.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Hope to see Walsh on the pitch at some stage, if unlikely to be starting.

He came through the u23 game very well fitness wise apparently, and impressed Pearson.

Judging by this picture they've clearly hit it off imo, which could make all the difference as far as him signing a new contract is concerned.

Let's hope so.

Liam Walsh of Bristol City and Bristol City manager Nigel Pearson after a 2-0 win 

Good of Pearson to take the time out to attend an Under 12s game.

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

This will be won or lost in midfield, Brum are a big strong side we need to battle a lot harder than our last game or we will come away with nothing. Big game this expect a few changes, we cant rely on just our defence and goalie the rest have to step up. FIGHT! cat fight GIF

Damn your good at this giff gaff thing.

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’m interested to know who the one person is who thinks we shouldn’t offer Pearson a extended contract on the poll. There’s no right or wrong just opinions , but come on  who is it. I’d like to read your reasons for not appointing him long term. 

It's a public poll, you can see who it is.

25 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’m interested to know who the one person is who thinks we shouldn’t offer Pearson a extended contract on the poll. There’s no right or wrong just opinions , but come on  who is it. I’d like to read your reasons for not appointing him long term. 

TammyAB was the offender, could that be Mark Ashton's handle?

45 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

An unbeliever, nail em up I say.

1 minute ago, M.D said:

An unbeliever, nail em up I say.

23 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

TammyAB was the offender, could that be Mark Ashton's handle?

41 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It's a public poll, you can see who it is.

Didn’t know how to see who it was to be honest.

like I said there’s no right or wrongs it’s just opinion . I’d genuinely like to know @TammyAB reasoning though for not wanting him. Personally I can’t see anyone better that’s  attainable 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Didn’t know how to see who it was to be honest.

like I said there’s no right or wrongs it’s just opinion . I’d genuinely like to know @TammyAB reasoning though for not wanting him. Personally I can’t see anyone better that’s  attainable 

My comment was of course meant in jest..

8 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

It did seem a tad harsh, a 6 week ban from the forum would be more apt punishment for such heretic views!

Yes, I would like to think we've moved on from the days of crucifixion when we don't agree with peoples views..

Archived