IGNORED

Birmingham (A) - Sat 13th March 15:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

242 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I would like us to beat Birmingham because I want them to go down. 

Unfortunately I think they’ll fancy this as a great opportunity for three points and we have nothing really to play for. Hopefully Pearson has them playing for their own futures.

Nothing to play for? I dont think we're safe just yet!

16 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I would like us to beat Birmingham because I want them to go down. 

Unfortunately I think they’ll fancy this as a great opportunity for three points and we have nothing really to play for. Hopefully Pearson has them playing for their own futures.

Nothing to play for?

We need points to stay well away from the bottom three! Nowhere near safe yet.

4 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’m interested to know who the one person is who thinks we shouldn’t offer Pearson a extended contract on the poll. There’s no right or wrong just opinions , but come on  who is it. I’d like to read your reasons for not appointing him long term. 

If that's a serious question, then suppose we had given him a three year contract and our poor form continued, leading to relegation this season? Everyone is assuming he will improve matters, but imagine the attacks on Ashton if that (possible) scenario had happened? A short term contract presumably suited everyone - some fans would be happy to keep him on if that happened, but most would quickly have turned, in my view. I suspect if we got relegated, he would not want to stay anyway.

Archived