IGNORED

Birmingham (A) - Sat 13th March 15:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

242 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yes Kasey! Why can't he become someone who scores a lot of goals! He has that in him. Superb 

I always thought LJ had an idea of playing him in the Bobby Reid 9½ role as he called it after saying he'd like a full pre season with him 

Lansbury and Massengo (best half for both for a while) looking good in the midfield 2 - Wells, Palmer and Semenyo very lively in the forward 3 and Fam has had a decent half with some good hold up. Scuffed at his best chance.

Great finish from Palmer, deserved his goal for all his pressing. 

Ironically their first early chance came when we gave the ball away in the final third attacking with a loose pass, Brum ball over the top and a scuffed Bela shot fell to Hogan who hits the post. Bela and Hogan combined again for Hogan to head against the post on 34 for their best moment.

Defensively generally solid - pressing well as a team. Only thing you can ask for is more quality in the final third and we could be more than 1 up, feel we’ll have more chances second half.

Amazing how in a few games we’ve gone from a team that literally couldn’t tackle or keep possession to look like an organised unit, aggressive and winning turnovers and 50/50’s and attacking in numbers. 

3 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Has there been a player more improved since Pearson's come in? 

He's been pretty poor for most of his city career - with clear talent,but never applying himself and generally looking pretty disinterested. But what a transformation! Pearson's started him (correct me if I'm wrong) in all his matches so far, so clearly rates him and knows how to play him. Great to see and will be essential player next season if he can maintain this form. 

I’ve never felt he’s been disinterested. I’ve always felt that he’s not been fully fit - which can make him look not look fully at it. There have been plenty of games in the past where he’s looked shot after 60 mins. However I think he may be one of those players that needs to have a good run of games to get up to speed. We’re seeing the benefit of that now. He looks sharp, he’s making bursting runs away from opponents, he’s tackling back and that run and finish was excellent. 

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Lansbury and Massengo (best half for both for a while) looking good in the midfield 2 - Wells, Palmer and Semenyo very lively in the forward 3 and Fam has had a decent half with some good hold up. Scuffed at his best chance.

Ironically their first early chance came when we gave the ball away in the final third attacking with a loose pass, Brum ball over the top and a scuffed Bela shot fell to Hogan who hits the post. Bela and Hogan combined again for Hogan to head against the post on 34 for their best moment.

Defensively generally solid - pressing well as a team. Only thing you can ask for is more quality in the final third and we could be more than 1 up, feel we’ll have more chances second half.

Amazing how in a few games we’ve gone from a team that literally couldn’t tackle or keep possession to look like an organised unit, aggressive and winning turnovers and 50/50’s and attacking in numbers. 

Not convinced by either massnego or lansbury I think we neeed to take into consideration that they are up against a very poor side.

2 minutes ago, Chrisbc said:

Not convinced by either massnego or lansbury I think we neeed to take into consideration that they are up against a very poor side.

Vyner out, Nagy out, Bakinson terrible last week, Walsh not ready for a start yet, Williams crocked..........there was nobody else to pick in there!!

15 minutes ago, eardun said:

What a goal. Palmer has been excellent. Seeing the benefits of a consistent run in the side and match fitness. 

in his best position....in behind / off of a single striker, so protected by 2 CMs behind

5 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Ta, saved me a summary!!!

Other things:

- Sessegnon a bit disappointing after (imho) a really good game last week.

- Kalas and Mariappa trying to stay relatively high, but then drop off and if they win the direct ball, HNM and HL have mopped up a lot of loose balls.

- KP a couple of early chances for killer passes, that didn't find their man.

13 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Has there been a player more improved since Pearson's come in? 

He's been pretty poor for most of his city career - with clear talent,but never applying himself and generally looking pretty disinterested. But what a transformation! Pearson's started him (correct me if I'm wrong) in all his matches so far, so clearly rates him and knows how to play him. Great to see and will be essential player next season if he can maintain this form. 

Think he’s a confidence player. He obviously knows that Pearson believes in him as opposed to Johnson who rarely played him & slated him publicly more than once. 

Just now, Davefevs said:

in his best position....in behind / off of a single striker, so protected by 2 CMs behind

Ta, saved me a summary!!!

Other things:

- Sessegnon a bit disappointing after (imho) a really good game last week.

- Kalas and Mariappa trying to stay relatively high, but then drop off and if they win the direct ball, HNM and HL have mopped up a lot of loose balls.

- KP a couple of early chances for killer passes, that didn't find their man.

Wasn't Sessegnon playing on the right when he first joined us?

We need to look after the ball much better in the second half + the strong wind may help us. 

A second goal is essential and then (if we get a second) with 20 minutes to go Walsh and even COD and/or MW might get on fo4 the final 10 minutes.

We need a really strong second half and especially a strong opening 15 minutes. 

Archived