IGNORED

Birmingham (A) - Sat 13th March 15:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

242 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

Apologies, perhaps I should've posted this elsewhere on the forum. I am genuinely interested in what happens to the cut out fans after games but appreciate that it's not a particularly interesting subject to most.

You're a very naughty boy.

1 minute ago, The dastardly red said:

Apologies, perhaps I should've posted this elsewhere on the forum. I am genuinely interested in what happens to the cut out fans after games but appreciate that it's not a particularly interesting subject to most.

There was a cut off point getting them back . I got mine back because it’s of a mate who’s gas & was very pissed off after I sent him some pictures of his cut out sat in the dolman . Every away game I go to in the future he’s coming with me , with pictures plastered all over Facebook ?

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

There was a cut off point getting them back . I got mine back because it’s of a mate who’s gas & was very pissed off after I sent him some pictures of his cut out sat in the dolman . Every away game I go to in the future he’s coming with me , with pictures plastered all over Facebook ?

Nice!

8 minutes ago, Desso said:

You're a very naughty boy.

Oh, I see

2 hours ago, City_USA said:

I'll always remember being disappointed with that game. Thought we showed our lack of ruthlessness that day

on the understanding that we didn't want 3k pee'd off brummies in ashton post match I just assumed there had been a nod and a wink given. As I'm a local I wasn't too upset, but had I lived a couple of miles away nothing would have made me happier than to see them sent down that day.

Birmingham head coach Aitor Karanka told BBC WM 95.6:

"We've been here for several months and every single game is the same. We can do whatever we want but if we make mistakes we are going to lose the game.

"When you are losing you need to have that direction, but we didn't deliver one ball into the box. It is impossible to win games if you don't score goals from the chances you have and you are making mistakes every day.

"I don't look at the table, I don't look at where we are in the calendar, but it's difficult when you're working, you're trying to do your best and every single day is the same story."

1 hour ago, The dastardly red said:

i guess it depends what they are printed on?? if it was that corrugated plasticky stuff,they would be fine left there,having said that,wouldnt be many left after recent winds

27 minutes ago, Prinny said:

"We've been here for several months and every single game is the same. We can do whatever we want but if we make mistakes we are going to lose the game.

"When you are losing you need to have that direction, but we didn't deliver one ball into the box. It is impossible to win games if you don't score goals from the chances you have and you are making mistakes every day.

"I don't look at the table, I don't look at where we are in the calendar, but it's difficult when you're working, you're trying to do your best and every single day is the same story."

It's OK for Karanka to piss and moan about mistakes, but he has built one of the most one dimensional , anti football teams I've seen. They have some decent players , but most don't even try to play. I thought they looked awful, but I think if we were under Johnson or Holden we would still have struggled .
A week of proper time on the training ground and Pearson has already made a difference. For the first time in a while we looked like a team that were giving everything and we got a team performance. 

I feel optimistic , they will definitely be sending out Season ticket renewals soon.

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I'm just amazed some people can't see what a special top top talent Antoine is! Fantastic! I expect players go their whole careers not managing that having tried it hundreds and hundreds of times. Semenyo done it twice now. So so quick and relentless running. Very clever too to slow down and judge it like he did. Love the kid

Yes, but can he do it on his left side?

58 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Is this after todays game because they definitely delivered at least two very good crosses into the box, nearly leading to goals.

OK, I admit I was not expecting such a result today. Thinking about it, it#s as muchas a surprise as that result from the 1989/90 season. Watching Grandstand and hearing "Bristol City committed day light robbery today.  Their four goals at Birmingham were scored by Rob, Robbie and Bob". There was the score Birmingham 0 - Bristol City 4.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Ahh good. Rate him. Interesting to see what Nige will go with once all our fit

People earlier commenting on here about KP and his dramatic improvement, and perhaps it was down to improved discipline. I think there's something in that; but I wonder whether with the players we got, most of them Internationals at a decent level, or having come from teams like Chelsea, perhaps what was/is needed is a someone like Nigel Pearson who's successfully managed premiership players - the types of players ours aspire to be - and so they listen to him and respect much more than they ever could and LJ or Holden?

53 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Is this after todays game because they definitely delivered at least two very good crosses into the box, nearly leading to goals.

Being a bit pedantic, but one of those crosses was a wildly mishit shot that went across goal. Even then there was a bit to do by the guy, Kalas was diving across him as he hit it, in fact I'm not sure he didn't get something on it.
TBF second cross is decent and it's a chance, but again Kalas is there and it looks like he gives him a nudge to put him off. 
They did get a few crosses in, they just weren't allowed to get on the end of them, we did stop or at least restrict them. It goes to show hw one dimensional they were though, that was their only idea, it didn't work.

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Being a bit pedantic, but one of those crosses was a wildly mishit shot that went across goal. Even then there was a bit to do by the guy, Kalas was diving across him as he hit it, in fact I'm not sure he didn't get something on it.
TBF second cross is decent and it's a chance, but again Kalas is there and it looks like he gives him a nudge to put him off. 
They did get a few crosses in, they just weren't allowed to get on the end of them, we did stop or at least restrict them. It goes to show hw one dimensional they were though, that was their only idea, it didn't work.

Kalas definitely got a touch on it.

Archived