IGNORED

Birmingham (A) - Sat 13th March 15:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

242 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Nothing to play for? I dont think we're safe just yet!

Yes we are

27 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Nothing to play for?

We need points to stay well away from the bottom three! Nowhere near safe yet.

Not mathematically yet but there's no way we're going down

27 minutes ago, Leveller said:

If that's a serious question, then suppose we had given him a three year contract and our poor form continued, leading to relegation this season? Everyone is assuming he will improve matters, but imagine the attacks on Ashton if that (possible) scenario had happened? A short term contract presumably suited everyone - some fans would be happy to keep him on if that happened, but most would quickly have turned, in my view. I suspect if we got relegated, he would not want to stay anyway.

That’s not what I asked though. It was , why did the person who voted against him , not want him at the moment . I didn’t say give him a contract now. I’m intrigued to see how NP sets us up over the next few games but not saying he should get a contract now 

42 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Nothing to play for? I dont think we're safe just yet!

33 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Nothing to play for?

We need points to stay well away from the bottom three! Nowhere near safe yet.

I think we need 5 points from a possible 33. Go back a few weeks and I was with you both! But I think there’s a 0.1% chance we go down from here ?

Might change my mind at 5pm.

4 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Watkins I can see as a NP, he wants us less passive and Watkins is a in your face sort of player. Wasn’t impressed with Watkins when we signed him but against Cardiff, Luton and Barnsley last season his aggression was what we needed. 

Marley Watkins could end up being a club favourite  - I don’t know what is but most people I know rate him and really like him

Could get a run of games under NP

6 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Oh well if you say so ?

If you think 9 teams are going to catch us at this point then I despair for your negative outlook.

Wycombe are all but gone, Sheff Wed probably aren't much better. Teams at the bottom are generally there because they dont pick up consistent points.

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

That’s not what I asked though. It was , why did the person who voted against him , not want him at the moment . I didn’t say give him a contract now. I’m intrigued to see how NP sets us up over the next few games but not saying he should get a contract now 

The original poll question is a bit odd, frankly. It seems to be asking just that - ie do we want to extend his contract now. Since we agreed a contract for this season, it would be odd to revise that after three games. It would imply we made a big mistake originally, which I don't think we did.

Archived