IGNORED

NP v MA.

Roadrunner

You must be furious to make a comment like that. Most posters talk nonsense on here and love nothing better than to expect conflict, disagreement an d negativity.

It is clear the person who calls all the final shots for Bristol City is the owner (no surprise there) and that he rates and trusts MA to make most of the initial decisions about football, players, coaches etc - with endless justification.

So, MA got NP in and they will get along famously for a while, hopefully years not months so i'm delighted the pair are doing what some of us really hope for which is to do the best thing for the club and the results on the field; it starts with making us safe, letting 10-15 players go and bringing in about half a dozen, then starting next season with the aim of a top 6 finish.

Not difficult to give these two a mutually beneficial job description and remuneration package to support the plan.

Maybe they do, if they do get on then surely that's ultimately to the benefit of the club. Perhaps the dynamic works better and Pearson is better at establishing and working within boundaries than LJ and DH. Johnson would've known he was 'lucky to be here' when first appointed, likewise Holden. Both probably knew they had to work within a certain remit.

Pearson isn't in the same situation, but perhaps he likes having a clear remit of focussing on the playing side.

If Ashton is sticking around - lets hope the pair of them do gel and work well together.

I hope that Steve has restructured the club and the roll of Mark Ashton when he went straight away for NP.

NP is a manager of the club, not a head coach, and I'm starting to hope that Steve see's this as a change of direction in the way the club is run.

I have always had issues with MA but that was down to the fact that it seems he was given too much control over football maters, if left to do his CEO roll including negotiations that I think he should stay.

Let NP shape the football side of the club, bring in Steve Walsh for recruitment (only in the USA for a short contract) and a few other guys to concentrate on football and let MA run the financial side.

Craig Shakespier would be good but I doubt he will leave Villa at the moment unless his bond with NP is strong but then he will cost a few quid.

I just hope that Steve has a new blueprint for the future, if he does, then I'm excited.

21 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't see why they wouldn't get on

I would imagine they will get on just fine until something contentious rears it’s head, that will be the time when we see who is in charge of football matters.

It is straightforward just now in many ways as their is no open transfer window but soon, very soon that changes along with contract renewals players to be released etc.

That is when the fun may start.

43 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Maybe they do, if they do get on then surely that's ultimately to the benefit of the club. Perhaps the dynamic works better and Pearson is better at establishing and working within boundaries than LJ and DH. Johnson would've known he was 'lucky to be here' when first appointed, likewise Holden. Both probably knew they had to work within a certain remit.

Pearson isn't in the same situation, but perhaps he likes having a clear remit of focussing on the playing side.

If Ashton is sticking around - lets hope the pair of them do gel and work well together.

I think you can add to this that it's pretty clear in some of the public comments (MA and) SL know we need to do better with our recruitment - it would be pretty crazy of them financially to carry on as they were before. It's clear it needs a shake up, hopefully this is happening and NP's experience is leading that.

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Before Nigel signed many of us thought he would have a punch up with MA, and Nigel would leave. Seen a few photos this were they seem to be getting on like they were the best of friends, interesting.

Very confused as to why Ashton & Pearson would have a ‘punch up’?

4 minutes ago, daored said:

Very confused as to why Ashton & Pearson would have a ‘punch up’?

Why confused, there is a difference between a manager and a head coach - I would presume there would be a hugely different approach when it comes to recruitment, a head coach largely gets to work with what he is given, a manager will naturally have a far greater say on who comes or goes, which is what we have sadly missed in the recent past.

7 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Why confused, there is a difference between a manager and a head coach - I would presume there would be a hugely different approach when it comes to recruitment, a head coach largely gets to work with what he is given, a manager will naturally have a far greater say on who comes or goes, which is what we have sadly missed in the recent past.

Still not sure why would end up in a ‘punch up’ between the two individuals?

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it’s difficult to judge relationships between MA and NP, all we can do is judge their performance, and the main cut across is on players in and out....so we will have to wait and see.  I guess then you might see whether the relationship is good or strained.

As long as their objectives are aligned and they are civil it really doesn't matter how much they like or dislike each other.

They are professional at what they do and will continue to be so.  I'd much rather that than fake friends.

Archived