IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

bcdc

Just needed a run of games to get him going. Skillful and technical ability never in doubt & whilst I’ve never thought he didn’t work hard he’s doing it in the right areas. Well done Kasey and rounds off a perfect week for him.

Hope some of the vocal doubters at least have the decency to acknowledge his contribution. Consistency the key but he has it all.

Just now, Shuffle said:

Just needed a run of games to get him going. Skillful and technical ability never in doubt & whilst I’ve never thought he didn’t work hard he’s doing it in the right areas. Well done Kasey and rounds off a perfect week for him.

Hope some of the vocal doubters at least have the decency to acknowledge his contribution. Consistency the key but he has it all.

? 

Always needed a manager who could push the right buttons with him and believe in him.

Also having grown up playing in a Chelsea set-up where some of the worlds finest came in and out of the door, probably needed managing in a different way. Something which no-one at out club has had the nous or experience to do until Nige has come in.

Sometimes you do not bother with the things you do not understand. Luckily we have seen fit to appoint a manager who is the measure of the ambition of our players and we are starting to reap the dividend.

I expect Palmer to be central to Nige’s plans should he stay longterm and that’s an exciting thing to think about.

1 hour ago, Jacki said:

Absolutely excellent today. Did all the things we know he’s good at but his work rate today was fantastic.

Looks a real player now he’s had that run of games. 

Work rate - That’s the bit that impressed me the most. A couple of tackles he did as well as closing down was really good to see . 

18 minutes ago, Superjack said:

In about forty years of supporting this club, I don't think that I have ever eaten so many words about a player as I am being forced to about Palmer right now.

You and me both. I'd completely written him off being a success here a few weeks ago under Holden. Just goes to show what a decent manager can do with a player who's always had plenty of natural talent. Joy to watch today.

Very good performance today, against lacklustre opposition. He's got skills and took his goal very well, but I still have my doubts as to his potential long-term contribution.

Not sure I yet buy into "the Pearson effect" that some seem so keen to recognise. There were plenty of variables going into this week so exactly why his deserved MOTM award today is instantly ascribed to Big Nige I don't know - there's no proof of any causation there at all. I get that it's a persuasive argument, and it enables pleasant dreams of a Pearson-inspired Palmer-driven romp to the Prem...but one game doesn't prove anything.

Always happy to see any City player take the MOTM award though.

He's always had the talent, he could always see and play a pass. He's always been able to hold the ball under pressure. I think that the spell at Swansea and the fact we were happy to send him on loan may have given him an epiphany , or a wake up call. Add that Pearson will be more able to give him so real direction and you have some one who's work rate bears no relation to the player everyone fell in love with when he first came. He looks fitter, stronger and much more willing to work and defend. He can get better, smarter , but what an improvement . 

3 hours ago, bcdc said:

I’ll even settle for an elbow bump.  Thanks... looks like just you and me!

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I feel like you came up with this a couple of years ago and have just been waiting for the right time!

Like Big Nige dealing with KP, the forum is giving you tough love in the hope you produce something this good again (and again)....?

3 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

The lad is a real talent, always said so.

He now looks the player he can be not should be.

Probably has a huge amount of input from Nige and it is paying off.

Delighted for him and congratulations on the birth of his second son.

Seemed to be some good body language between KP and Nige  around thd training ground, obviously NP has given him responsibility and the desire...brilliant.

14 hours ago, bcdc said:

The difference in his play now? Summed up in two words:  pacy, calmer

Two words.? ‘well managed’. Hope the penny has finally dropped upstairs in the “who needs a proper manager” boardroom..

14 hours ago, bcdc said:

The difference in his play now? Summed up in two words:  pacy, calmer

Two words.? ‘well managed’. Hope the penny has finally dropped upstairs in the “who needs a proper manager” boardroom..

3 hours ago, Colemanballs said:

Happy to give Pearson plenty of kudos for what he's doing generally, but I thought Palmer's improvement began under Holden, immediately after he came back from Swansea. 

It did, and then having given him 5 starts on the trot (his most under LJ was 2 - scandalous!!!) which included 3 wins, Holden made him the scapegoat after the 5th game v Derby.  5 sub appearances followed.

Now made 6 successive starts

Archived