IGNORED

If That's the Future Under Pearson......

Port Said Red

2 hours ago, Malago said:

I would imagine serious talks will take place during the international break.

I would imagine the outline is already in place. Now just needs to be rubber stamped by both parties once safety has been achieved.

1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Are we still not moaning about Ashton still being at the club ????

I suppose a lot depends on how he interacts with Pearson. How that personal and professional dynamic works.

If Ashton's presence endangered Pearson remaining, there'd be unanimity about which one of the two we'd want to get rid of. 

I hope those responsible for recruiting realize there really isn't a short cut to experience and quality.  Yes another season wasted but have they seen the light and are working now working on a longer period with NP at the helm.

One thing any fan hates is watching players just taking the money, seeing players give their best whether winning or losing is what should  be a given.  Players need to be managed with a game plan that involves hard work and team spirit and we might just have found the manager that will provide this focus.

Enjoyed the game today, proud to be red, COYR

Pearson is not the only experienced manager who could build us up to a club that is ready to take a next step up. But he is the one who we have at this time and he'll do for me.

Actually he appears to be so similar in his approach to our past successful managers that it's eerie.

I've only personally met and talked with a couple of City managers of the past but he reminds me very much of them; both Fred Ford and Joe Jordan were hard taskmasters who didn't suffer fools. Think before they speak and continually talking about the positives, the aims and the team. Didn't suffer fools.

I'm sure that all of our successful managers, those who won promotion, were similar.

We seem to have a gem with Nigel Pearson and I can see us growing in confidence and performance if he stays past this summer.

As long as NP is in charge and we see the quality of player recruited that I’d expect Nige to attract in the summer, I can honestly say that I’ve not been more excited about a new season as I do today....

Ironically, appointing NP could lead to record Season Ticket sales too....

11 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Pearson is not the only experienced manager who could build us up to a club that is ready to take a next step up. But he is the one who we have at this time and he'll do for me.

Actually he appears to be so similar in his approach to our past successful managers that it's eerie.

I've only personally met and talked with a couple of City managers of the past but he reminds me very much of them; both Fred Ford and Joe Jordan were hard taskmasters who didn't suffer fools. Think before they speak and continually talking about the positives, the aims and the team. Didn't suffer fools.

I'm sure that all of our successful managers, those who won promotion, were similar.

We seem to have a gem with Nigel Pearson and I can see us growing in confidence and performance if he stays past this summer.

You are right NP is what we have and there are plenty of experienced managers out there but I  like managers who expects  their  players to work hard and he does this plus he is vocal on the sidelines.  All of us love to see a manager Involved in the game not staring, hands in pockets, watching the game pass them by.

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We need to get him to sign a longer term deal ASAP.

End of the season is only 8 weeks away and there are a hell of a lot of decisions to be made in terms of incomings and outgoings. 

Him committing long term will be a major factor in whether players want to stay, and he will be a big selling point for attracting new players to the club.

Get it done, SL. 

And if fans buy season tickets.

3 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Isn’t it great that just about all of us fans are 100% behind Nigel Pearson.

OTIB has been so toxic for so long and now it seems like there is nothing to moan about. Weird!!!

I just can't wait to be back at the gate getting behind the lads again next season because if the atmosphere is anything like it is on here then home games will enjoyable again,Every single fan behind the manager and not just the majority.If we can turn our home form around then we all have plenty to look forward to. Come on let's get Ashton Gate rocking again!! ?? Lansdown get that contract signed!!!

5 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Blues deserved to be 2-0 up before we scored a breakaway. Did we have a strong enough bench to claw back from this position and what would all the happy chappies be saying if we'd lost to the terrible Birmingham side that hit the woodwork twice when it looked easier to score?

They didn’t deserve to be 2 up though did they because they didn’t score. It was two poor phases of play by jack hunt allowing the winger to  get behind him . It didn’t happen after, that got shut off sharpish. Plus if you look at the game overall it’s the only efforts they had during the game . 

8 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Blues deserved to be 2-0 up before we scored a breakaway. Did we have a strong enough bench to claw back from this position and what would all the happy chappies be saying if we'd lost to the terrible Birmingham side that hit the woodwork twice when it looked easier to score?

You're an oddball, aren't you son?

2 hours ago, Hellfire Corner said:

Stop moaning about having nothing to moan about!

Stop moaning about not being able to moan about people having a moan about not having anything to moan about!!!

God some people will just find a reason to have a moan about anything these days!!!

30 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Good call. Let's be annoyed about something which didn't happen 

37 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Interpreter needed...........

55 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

As long as NP is in charge and we see the quality of player recruited that I’d expect Nige to attract in the summer, I can honestly say that I’ve not been more excited about a new season as I do today....

Ironically, appointing NP could lead to record Season Ticket sales too....

Few weeks ago we were expecting lowest season ticket sales for some years - and I was one of those giving up. If NP signs he'll immediately have his wages paid by fans. 

Feels like we finally have a manager that makes the players step up to his level, rather than having a manager who has to step up to the level of our players.

He's an inspiring figure, but also seems quite pragmatic. I don't think I've ever been more excited for the next season in march!!

Archived