IGNORED

Welcome Back CO'D!

Port Said Red

34 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He just looked so quick when he came on too, That run from our half after he won the ball on the edge of the box was rapid indeed.

and the communication with Kasey,pointing where to put  the ball.he  knew he could get there first. loved it. also makes me think he is out to prove his worth to NP with first touches like that

And who's taught him to kick with his right foot? Previously he thought he had two feet simply because shoes were only sold in pairs.

Never been a fan but I thought today he was excellent, a different player.

Considering he was what £750k from Oxford, he’s been a good signing overall although obviously had poor spells. Been good this season, even under Holden, and was a shame he got injured.

And I have always thought there is more to come which hopefully NP can get out of him.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not at all surprised. Was quality before the injury. And now in this kind of system he should have a lot more space to attack, rather than when he's restricted in a 442. Pearson will get the best version of Callum.

I hope you’re right Jon .  4231/433 should suit him better. He certainly needs coaching but he has the attributes to be a good player. 

12 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Considering he was what £750k from Oxford, he’s been a good signing overall although obviously had poor spells. Been good this season, even under Holden, and was a shame he got injured.

And I have always thought there is more to come which hopefully NP can get out of him.

£1.7m

21 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

8 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

£1.7m

Allegedly £1.2m + £400k add-ons + 30% sell-on.

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

After 130 odd games I'd expect a majority, if not all the adds on to reached unless there was a goal related amount in there

Or achieved none, e.g. linked to promotion. ???

Suspect some linked to caps, so as you say probably met most / all.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Or achieved none, e.g. linked to promotion. ???

Suspect some linked to caps, so as you say probably met most / all.

If Ashton negotiated a promotion clause as a portion of £400,000 after just avoiding relegation then kudos to him ?

One of few players who could very well suit the wide positions in a 4-2-3-1. Thoughts for Weds:

Bents: Sess - Maps - Kalas - Towler: HNM - Nagy: Semenyo - Palmer - COD: Fam.

Leaves a nice strong bench including Hunt, Vyner, Walsh, Wells and maybe Bakes.

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

One of few players who could very well suit the wide positions in a 4-2-3-1. Thoughts for Weds:

I expect a similar team, Blackburn away I expect an experienced line up, too early for COD to start I feel as well he didn't play 90 for the u23's last Walsh so would expect a couple more appearances off the bench

5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I expect a similar team, Blackburn away I expect an experienced line up, too early for COD to start I feel as well he didn't play 90 for the u23's last Walsh so would expect a couple more appearances off the bench

Blackburn will have a bit more in midfield than Brum did - Bradley Dack is fit and firing again for one thing.

12 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Watkins instead of Diedhiou.

COD is the type of player I would expect to improve the most under Pearson. Has the ability for sure, but needs to be coached correctly. 

Under Johnson he seemed to have the shackles on. Would break forward and then always turn back with the ball. Extremely frustrating to watch. 

Under Holden his work rate improved. Seemed to be progressing well before injury. 

Let's hope Pearson can get him fired up to make an impact on a regular basis. Certainly looked eager to make an impression immediately today. 

Would be great to have competition for places in the front positions. Something we have lacked in recent years. 

Think he's been a late developer physically. Think we are seeing the same with Massengo and Moore...all physically getting stronger. Semenyo is the opposite...already physically developed for a young en, but technically catching up. When it all clicks, they'll all be a notch up on what they are now. Hanging on to them and having them at their prime is what we need to do...not sell. Otherwise we'll always be playing underdeveloped players.

49 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

More intrigued to see whether this system is retained.  I think it offers a lot of flexibility and scope to rest and rotate too.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Vyner at RB at some point (not necessarily Wednesday).

I much prefer 4231 to 433, even those it’s not different.  It might not suit Wells, but I think Semenyo and O’Dowda are better moving forward than coming towards the ball.

The other thing was we didn’t look tired, we pressed efficiently.

34 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

COD is the type of player I would expect to improve the most under Pearson. Has the ability for sure, but needs to be coached correctly. 

Under Johnson he seemed to have the shackles on. Would break forward and then always turn back with the ball. Extremely frustrating to watch. 

Under Holden his work rate improved. Seemed to be progressing well before injury. 

Let's hope Pearson can get him fired up to make an impact on a regular basis. Certainly looked eager to make an impression immediately today. 

Would be great to have competition for places in the front positions. Something we have lacked in recent years. 

In my “squad next season post” I too thought COD might be one who reacts well to Pearson.  Made the right noise today.  Most will know I’m not a fan, because I don’t think he’s used the ability he has.  I think Pearson will spark that.  Hopefully anyway.

Archived