IGNORED

Pedersen

GrahamC

The Birmingham left back was apparently who Holden wanted to sign on the last day of the window.

Thank **** we didn’t sign him, he & Harlee Dean in particular looked absolutely awful today.

Sessegnon might not actually be a left back & isn’t even our player but has done a steady job there since returning from injury.

Just now, GrahamC said:

The Birmingham left back was apparently who Holden wanted to sign on the last day of the window.

Thank **** we didn’t sign him, he & Harlee Dean in particular looked absolutely awful today.

Sessegnon might not actually be a left back & isn’t even our player but has done a steady job there since returning from injury.

Very, very poor today.  Even Harlee Dean, who I dislike with a passion, but is normally very good, looked crap today.

Wasn’t Karanka your manager choice in the summer ???

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

At the risk of pissing on the narrative (and record shows I have no love for Holden), wasn’t it Ashton who put him forward as one of the three left backs?

Further proof why you should keep him away from recruitment 

Exactly 

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Very, very poor today.  Even Harlee Dean, who I dislike with a passion, but is normally very good, looked crap today.

Ok, ok..

No argument he has done really poorly, it was Nigel Adkins, actually...

14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

At the risk of pissing on the narrative (and record shows I have no love for Holden), wasn’t it Ashton who put him forward as one of the three left backs?

It was a weird narrative that the “board turned it down”....MA is on the board.

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Harlee Dean isn’t very good usually mate, you ask Brum or Brentford fans what they think. He’s a car crash waiting to happen.

Pedersen has gone stale at Brum but is still a top left back, if we can sign him in the summer I’d be all over it.

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Have you any evidence that MA put him forward or is it again guess work, rumour, paper talk, fake news, call it what you will.   I agree I recall somewhere it was reported we were trying to address the LHS issues, clearly, but the club released no names. 
I suspect contributors here better get used to the fact that it looks like MA & NP are going to get on well...as NP will with all the hierarchy at the club.   And that comes from NP comments that can be found on the clubs sites

A lot fake news circulates here about MA. SL stated as much after the DH sacking.  That includes his transfer dealings as it is continually put forward and represented that he is solely responsible for recruitment. That is not the case. It’s a team effort, he ties the bows at the end ?

34 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Have you any evidence that MA put him forward or is it again guess work, rumour, paper talk, fake news, call it what you will.   I agree I recall somewhere it was reported we were trying to address the LHS issues, clearly, but the club released no names. 
I suspect contributors here better get used to the fact that it looks like MA & NP are going to get on well...as NP will with all the hierarchy at the club.   And that comes from NP comments that can be found on the clubs sites

A lot fake news circulates here about MA. SL stated as much after the DH sacking.  That includes his transfer dealings as it is continually put forward and represented that he is solely responsible for recruitment. That is not the case. It’s a team effort, he ties the bows at the end ?

Mate. 

Here is the BEP article (which IIRC spurred from Ashtons own words to GT). You can call it paper talk if you like, but think on this:

- At the time of article, we had a major issue at LB. In whose interests would it have been to portray themselves as the person who tried to solve it

- We know (see oft quoted Watford article) that Ashton will go to war with the press. So if the article was incorrect, why would he not this time?

- The recruitment team report into him and include his brother in law

- We signed several players under LJ who were clearly not his pick, by virtue of how often he played them. Think Eisa, Szmodics, Adeluaken

Nobody is denying that Ashton is a decent negotiator, and we all hope he can work with NP. But if you just believe the OS, that makes you a moron.

He’s had his fingers in recruitment. It hasn’t gone well. Ask people like @Harry if you care to listen, or just live in ignorance.

None of this means I want him sacked. It just means I want him nowhere near recruitment. And everyone wants him to work well with NP, but Jesus, open your eyes!

7FB75FCB-3C11-473C-962B-A8492414EB6B.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Mate. 

Here is the BEP article (which IIRC spurred from Ashtons own words to GT). You can call it paper talk if you like, but think on this:

- At the time of article, we had a major issue at LB. In whose interests would it have been to portray themselves as the person who tried to solve it

- We know (see oft quoted Watford article) that Ashton will go to war with the press. So if the article was incorrect, why would he not this time?

- The recruitment team report into him and include his brother in law

- We signed several players under LJ who were clearly not his pick, by virtue of how often he played them. Think Eisa, Szmodics, Adeluaken

Nobody is denying that Ashton is a decent negotiator, and we all hope he can work with NP. But if you just believe the OS, that makes you a moron.

He’s had his fingers in recruitment. It hasn’t gone well. Ask people like @Harry if you care to listen, or just live in ignorance.

None of this means I want him sacked. It just means I want him nowhere near recruitment. And everyone wants him to work well with NP, but Jesus, open your eyes!

7FB75FCB-3C11-473C-962B-A8492414EB6B.jpeg

I have no further comments to make on Mark Ashton than I have already expressed over 5 years. ?

1 minute ago, Swede said:

I thought they were poor all across the back. I thought we were bad under Holden but not anywhere near as bad as Brum were. Dean and Pedersen in particular. I was half expecting Karanka post match to say "we go again"

Back 5 were like a Downs side. Dreadful.

Archived