IGNORED

JET

Port Said Red

Sounds like he scored a "JET like goal" today. 

"The full-back worked his way into the box from the right and slipped the ball to the big striker with his back to goal and Emmanuel-Thomas flicked it up before smashing into the net behind him." 

I will look forward to seeing it on the highlights. 

3 minutes ago, Red Army 79 said:

Palmer scored a Jet like goal today the way he took it from the half way line and passed it into the bottom corner. I can remember Jet scoring those types of goals for us. 

The difference was Kasey looked like he was moving whereas JET would just get the ball and somehow walk past several defenders and bang it in nonchalantly like it was a training game.

I miss JET.

10 minutes ago, Wolf Island said:

Thought this was a thread about how former city players got on today?

Spot on.  I and and I suspect  many others enjoy seeing how our former players are performing. If your not interested give the thread a miss. Simple really ? That includes the enigma called Jet.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The difference was Kasey looked like he was moving whereas JET would just get the ball and somehow walk past several defenders and bang it in nonchalantly like it was a training game.

I miss JET.

I was honestly bizarre how easily he went round people from a walking start. Not the quickest either so was just pure skill. Loved watching him 

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I miss JET.

that was his trademark skill,max effect with least wasted energy.the bloke was pure class

6 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I miss JET.

Yep that is my memory of him too. Looking like was out for a Sunday afternoon stroll, then BAM! the ball's in the top left corner. 

One of the most naturally gifted players I've seen at City. Always felt he just needed the right manager and Cotts probably got the closest. 

Never forget the 14-15 season, him and Matt Smith kept the momentum going when Agard and Wilbraham were out injured. That could have derailed the season. 

5 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

He certainly looks fit. The Scottish air seems to be doing him good. Like others I miss JET and probably didn't get the run of games he deserved, at times being used as a stopgap when others were injured.

The Scottish air doing him good...he also seems to have put on a bit of timber !

Over the years the Jet debate here certainly raged over him on OTIB and many options as why he never got the game time  that his skills he had in his locker perhaps deserved. 

I met him once in town in a coffee shop and came across as a really nice guy.  My claim to fame.

His role in the double winning season seems to go unmentioned. We had lost away at Crewe and it was fairly tight at the top, couple weeks later Wilbraham and Agard are out injured. Our season could’ve been very different.

JET comes in and instantly forms a partnership with Smith. Neither had played with each other and have very different styles of play. Also, different to what the rest of the team were used to with Agard and Wilbraham. Yet they hit the ground running. That game at home to Port Vale? JET made it look like a training session. 

Helped us out in what could have been a bad patch in that season. Especially because he was known to be ‘lazy’ when he came in he looked like a player who had been in the team and playing regular up to that point, had obviously been working hard despite not having it go his way.

Archived