IGNORED

That second goal..

Silvio Dante

Gary Player famously said the harder I practice, the luckier I get.

Antoine has 2 goals now because he is making those runs in games when others stop, he deserves them.

Though surely he must be the only footballer to score his first 2 goals for us from blocks?

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Do you think Antoine got a slight touch of the ball on the initial challenge which just took an ounce off the back pass?

Yes I think that's right. He is so deceptive, we may have had players that are quick, but his change of pace is something different. he seems to go from fast to superfast in a couple of strides. The Swansea goal is a good example of that.

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Antoine has 2 goals now because he is making those runs in games when others stop, he deserves them.

Though surely he must be the only footballer to score his first 2 goals for us from blocks?

For anyone

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Perhaps he cannot score any other type of goal?

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I bloody loved that. The replays didn’t do it justice, but IIRC Massengo chases their player from CM, then Palmer takes over, then I think Hunt. Semenyo is actually the last of a four man press at high intensity across the team.

Thats not luck. That’s made.

Spot on

Semenyo is definitely one for the future (with decent coaching!)

I'm sure both his league goals have happened because keepers have underestimated his speed.

He literally ghosts past players when it falls right for him. It looks effortless, almost casual. At this level, that's a hell of a weapon.

Hope Pearson can build the lad's confidence to shoot or release the ball at the right time because his potential is obvious.

If you think he's not going to make it for us, just look at his progress since returning from loan. A bit part player who was sent on to support Fam to now someone who plays to torment the opposition. Big change, hopefully more to come.

Archived