IGNORED

Birmingham

Chrisbc

I would be betting on Brum to drop at this stage.

While Rotherham have a huge fixture pile up, they have a favourable run in early April - Wycombe H, Hudds A, QPR H, Brum H.  If Rotherham can get enough points from those that should see them most of the way to safety.  They also have a big goal difference advantage (12 better than Brum) so can afford to play a weakened team once or twice in less favourable fixtures.

20 hours ago, Chrisbc said:

They are 3 points ahead of Rotherham who have 4 games in hand, think they are in big trouble!

Karanka is supposed to be renounced for his sides being very strong defensively, yet I thought they looked like one of the worst sides I've seen this season, especially at the back. As good as we were for me they look designed for the drop.

Good i hope they go down, cannot stand the club. It’s about time their luck ran out at this level anyway, that last gasp goal away at Bolton to stay in this league in 2014 on the final day i think it was and then again in 2017 at our place on the final day to stay up.. as i said about time the luck ran out and they had a taste of the third tier!

24 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Is it just me or do we seem to have a ridiculous high hit-rate of getting managers sacked? I'm fairly sure that's our second one this season already after Lamouchi at Forest. Who else have we got rid of lately?

No different than normal especially at this point in the season. I would assume unless a couple of teams went on really bad runs (Preston, Huddersfield etc) there will not be any more.

30 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Is it just me or do we seem to have a ridiculous high hit-rate of getting managers sacked? I'm fairly sure that's our second one this season already after Lamouchi at Forest. Who else have we got rid of lately?

Been happening for years. It really does seem that a defeat to us is the straw that breaks the Camel's back in the eyes of other Chairmen.

15 hours ago, bris red said:

Good i hope they go down, cannot stand the club. It’s about time their luck ran out at this level anyway, that last gasp goal away at Bolton to stay in this league in 2014 on the final day i think it was and then again in 2017 at our place on the final day to stay up.. as i said about time the luck ran out and they had a taste of the third tier!

Of all the clubs having fans that "think they are big" Birmingham is the strangest case. I can understand why Leeds and Villa when they were down here, Sheffield Wednesday and even Forest fans have a bit of an attitude that way....................but Birmingham City a MASSIVE club? Do me a favour!! It wouldn't hurt their fans to have to spend a few seasons going to places like The Mem and the Wham Stadium..............might drop them a peg or two in time. In fact if they do drop I can see them struggling next season too.

Just now, Major Isewater said:

Quite right, if you can’t even beat Bristol City then you obviously aren’t good enough.

We do seem to be the Benchmark. I think we are seen by others as the epitome of "Bang Average" at Championship Level and therefore what you say is correct, if Bristol City turn you over then you are operating at a below average level........................

23 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Redknapp made all those signings then weeks later was moaning that he hadn't been able to get the players he wanted.

Didn't he want Bryan and Flint and offered something like £5 million for the pair (it could have been less) and seemed genuinely surprised that we said no?

Bless him.

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

We do seem to be the Benchmark. I think we are seen by others as the epitome of "Bang Average" at Championship Level and therefore what you say is correct, if Bristol City turn you over then you are operating at a below average level........................

As long as we remain a “never been in the premier league” club, I think that we will continually be viewed as “ we should be beating these” by ex-premier league teams.

There are (too) many fans for whom football only started in 1993.

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Of all the clubs having fans that "think they are big" Birmingham is the strangest case. I can understand why Leeds and Villa when they were down here, Sheffield Wednesday and even Forest fans have a bit of an attitude that way....................but Birmingham City a MASSIVE club? Do me a favour!! It wouldn't hurt their fans to have to spend a few seasons going to places like The Mem and the Wham Stadium..............might drop them a peg or two in time. In fact if they do drop I can see them struggling next season too.

You seem to be suggesting that the Fewers will stay up.

This must mean you aren't a 'gurt Ted', but one of the 'loyal and prowed' gasheads.

#GaschatLogic

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You seem to be suggesting that the Fewers will stay up.

This must mean you aren't a 'gurt Ted', but one of the 'loyal and prowed' gasheads.

#GaschatLogic

I can spell for a start..............so that's #Gaslogic blown out of the water.

But you do make a good point.........the Few are literally in a six club battle to avoid relegation and it is pretty much 50/50 on whether they do or not I think (maybe 51/49 in their favour!!). What concerns me is there is some absolute rot down there with them (like Northampton) and you do wonder whether they can be THAT bad. My logic is that assuming the Tesco Bags will just do enough to stay up means it would be that much funnier if the "worst" were to happen to them.

8 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

If Lee Bowyer appointed it will be no great suprise . Ex player and he has turned down a number of clubs before. Rumours were circulating as soon as the vacancy arose and Charlton fans seemed resigned he would go, . 

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I can spell for a start..............so that's #Gaslogic blown out of the water.

But you do make a good point.........the Few are literally in a six club battle to avoid relegation and it is pretty much 50/50 on whether they do or not I think (maybe 51/49 in their favour!!). What concerns me is there is some absolute rot down there with them (like Northampton) and you do wonder whether they can be THAT bad. My logic is that assuming the Tesco Bags will just do enough to stay up means it would be that much funnier if the "worst" were to happen to them.

Let's see how they do against now managerless Charlton tomorrow.

6 hours ago, The Journalist said:

Nathan Jones at Stoke and, of course, Mr W at Cardiff. I`m sure there are a few others too.

We`ve got to go some to beat the big beast we brought down many years ago though - Souness.

Archived