IGNORED

Hasselbaink at Burton

Leveller

What an extraordinary turnaround he seems to have achieved there. Arrived on 1 January and appears to have 9 wins from 11 and a whole raft of mid season signings. They have 40 points from 33 games now, so it looks like they had 13 from 22 when he arrived. Is that right?

He did an excellent job for them first time around. I don't blame him for going to qpr at the time but I imagine if you were stuck in a lift with him, he'd admit that he wished he'd stayed at Burton and got them promoted to the championship. They were top of league 1 when he left. 

1 minute ago, The hand of RO'D said:

God that’s a name that I haven’t heard of in a while! I’m sure we were linked with him once?

He was the next best thing once upon a time. I’ve been keeping an eye on their results since they signed Smith & I noticed Mancienne in their line up & couldn’t believe his age, where did the time go! Not sure they have lost since Smith signed. COYR 

1 minute ago, Simon79 said:

He was the next best thing once upon a time. I’ve been keeping an eye on their results since they signed Smith & I noticed Mancienne in their line up & couldn’t believe his age, where did the time go! Not sure they have lost since Smith signed. COYR 

I remember him looking fantastic for QPR against us on our first game back to the Championship in 07'. Looks really really impressive that day. 

Doing a fantastic job there, and Jonny Smith by all accounts have been playing very well.

Just a dam shame even with Burton's revival, there are 4 teams even more dog shite than the SAGS, even though it's still pretty close. Well done Rochdale yesterday :clap:

49 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

God that’s a name that I haven’t heard of in a while! I’m sure we were linked with him once?

I'm pretty sure you are correct.

If I recall correctly, he was on the verge of signing from Chelsea (on loan?), when Wolves stepped in at the last minute.

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I'm pretty sure you are correct.

If I recall correctly, he was on the verge of signing from Chelsea (on loan?), when Wolves stepped in at the last minute.

That does ring a bell! 

4 hours ago, Simon79 said:

I couldn’t believe it either, 33! When you think someone like Phil Jones is 28...

Archived