IGNORED

No Jackett Required

Silvio Dante

Not sure what happened there, thought jackets would get them promoted.

They were unlucky with the points per game protocol at the end of last season as they were hitting some decent form. This season theres just been too much competition for those top places I guess.

1 minute ago, WarksRobin said:

Job for Cook?

At Ipswich mate !

42 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Not sure what happened there, thought jackets would get them promoted.

This season theres just been too much competition for those top places I guess.

It didn't help losing that Wembley final on pens to Salford.

1 minute ago, 22A said:

It didn't help losing that Wembley final on pens to Salford.

Yes, if they had won that match he might still be in a job. League form is a bit variable but they’re only 2 points outside the playoffs. It would have been difficult to sack him after a cup win. Being a football manager or supporter is a life of lots of “if only” 

9 minutes ago, Totterdown's Finest said:

I'd love to see Pompey up in the Championship. Good fans, tidy ground and great pubs in Southsea. 

Tidy ground ?? Hardly !!

The away end is awful, seats bolted on to a terrace, a bit like the old E.E. Facilities are dreadful too.

If they came up, Fratton would be the worst ground in the Championship, after Luton.

11 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Tidy ground ?? Hardly !!

The away end is awful, seats bolted on to a terrace, a bit like the old E.E. Facilities are dreadful too.

If they came up, Fratton would be the worst ground in the Championship, after Luton.

Great place to watch football. Traditional ground, good atmosphere, easy access to train station and local pubs. If I'm only going once a season, what the seats are like is irrelevant to me, to be honest. 

Think Jackett hasn’t been in the greatest of health.

A few weeks ago he was supposed to be stepping aside for a while as a result but no idea what happened in the end.

Certainly should be near the top at that level but they are the sort of club we have now left miles behind, their ground is like Ashton Gate from about 1986.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think Jackett hasn’t been in the greatest of health.

A few weeks ago he was supposed to be stepping aside for a while as a result but no idea what happened in the end.

Certainly should be near the top at that level but they are the sort of club we have now left miles behind, their ground is like Ashton Gate from about 1986.

And League 1 gets more difficult to get out of every season - there are some biggish clubs down there now with more to come next season if Wednesday and Brum go down. Half the division has a reasonable chance of going up and will fancy it.

Archived