IGNORED

Cheltenham Festival

Mark barton

I’m on these today EW.  Covered by free bets courtesy of Paddy Power.  Doubles, trebles and fourfolds. Also done a treble on the 3 short priced faves 1st, 4th and 5th races as they could all just win. 10/1

13:30 Journey With Me 8/1
14:10 Ahoy Senor 8/1
14:50 Gowel Road 9/1
15:30 Envoi Allen 20/1
16:10 Diesel D'Allier 12/1
16:50 Andy Dufresne @ 6/1
17:30 Joyeux Machin 28/1

1 minute ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

I'd rather pay the extra and try and get an all inclusive deal if they're available 

Funnily enough we have set up a fund this morning to pay into and do it next year

whole reason we go Tuesday is because it’s quieter but with the increased crowd and time/cost of getting a drink going the corporate route might be the best way ( depending on cost off course!)

19 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Funnily enough we have set up a fund this morning to pay into and do it next year

whole reason we go Tuesday is because it’s quieter but with the increased crowd and time/cost of getting a drink going the corporate route might be the best way ( depending on cost off course!)

I don’t really enjoy being at Cheltenham. Prefer to spend one of the days on a Manchester pub crawl, watching one race per pub. A great day. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Doesn’t surprise me, £7 a pint on the course and £6/£6.50 for a pint in the pubs before 

I used to go with friends, and their wives. You'd be surprised what my wife and her friends could blag from the pissed up Charlies towards the end of the day.

She never told me her methods though...

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’ve had two bets at the festival so far…

yesterday £100 on Constitution Hill

today £50 on L’homme Presse   

not sure I’ve ever seen two less stressful races  completely the opposite of watching City!

You bet a 100£ or won it?

57 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Well, so far today I've had two winners and two places (50/1 &40/1) not too shabby.................not touching that cross country tripe, jumped up gymkhana if you ask me !?

8 bets over 2 days, zero returns. Worst ever. I only ever bet small amounts during Cheltenham week. Thank Christ im not a serious gambler

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

8 bets over 2 days, zero returns. Worst ever. I only ever bet small amounts during Cheltenham week. Thank Christ im not a serious gambler

I'm over a grand up over two days.......but I don't say I've WON that until the Friday night (many a slip etc.) but at least I'm playing with their money now ! :laughcont:

• Like 1

Won a Treble on Bet365 which was supposed to pay out £302.

Sadly they've only decided to pay out £230 and are refusing to acknowledge that it should have been more, glad I had screenshots which I've provided, ball is in their court now! 

Good to know that the methodology of 'pick the first one you see or a name you like' still works for Cheltenham though!

Edited by hinsleburg
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

Sadly they've only decided to pay out £230 and are refusing to acknowledge that it should have been more, glad I had screenshots which I've provided, ball is in their court now! 

Good to know that the methodology of 'pick the first one you see or a name you like' still works for Cheltenham though!

There was a rule 4 deduction on one of the races of 25p in the pound, mind.

16 hours ago, hinsleburg said:

Get it sorted ?