IGNORED

Polly's Poll: How far will Pearson take us?

Polly

Pearson Prediction  

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It’s a pity I couldn’t vote for more than one option. I voted Premier League but then relegated, but if that happens I expect City to be promoted again as per Norwich or Burnley. 

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

If he stays for as long as LJ did I dont see why we couldn't get promoted and stay there. 

...especially if he’s given the same financial backing that LJ was given - I must say, it is so refreshing to hear our manager give media interviews where I can understand every word - LJ just gave out messaging full of utter tripe that he’d probably read in a text book or learned on a course - at this level Nigel Pearson is an experienced, successful, proven manager who seems to talk in clear language, from the heart and to the fans - at last!

No more measuring the grass length at away games and discussing box penetrations ... ???- and is it me or is Kasey Palmer now like “I told you so, just let me play and I will hurt the opposition” - when our front three was Afobe, Weimann and Palmer we terrorised defences - but LJ soon decided Palmer wasn’t good enough - in the same way he discarded Luke Ayling (currently captain of a premier league club) and Korey Smith (on his way to the premier league next season?) - thank God we got Palmer back to realise his potential ...

Maybe play offs in the next couple of years, not necessarily winning them but given time, hopefully promotion. As pongo said, leaving us after coming back down but turning into a Norwich 'too good for one / not good enough for the other' side. Maybe one day, surviving up there.

As an 'oldie' that's seen us at the top table, I want the young 'uns to see us there, even though we are probably better set up to survive than we were back then.

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...especially if he’s given the same financial backing that LJ was given - I must say, it is so refreshing to hear our manager give media interviews where I can understand every word - LJ just gave out messaging full of utter tripe that he’d probably read in a text book or learned on a course - at this level Nigel Pearson is an experienced, successful, proven manager who seems to talk in clear language, from the heart and to the fans - at last!

No more measuring the grass length at away games and discussing box penetrations ... ???- and is it me or is Kasey Palmer now like “I told you so, just let me play and I will hurt the opposition” - when our front three was Afobe, Weimann and Palmer we terrorised defences - but LJ soon decided Palmer wasn’t good enough - in the same way he discarded Luke Ayling (currently captain of a premier league club) and Korey Smith (on his way to the premier league next season?) - thank God we got Palmer back to realise his potential ...

I’m fairly sure LJ would sign Korey tomorrow if given the chance. I know it’s fashionable to slate LJ at times, but I think it’s a bit of a stretch to say that LJ got Holden to not offer him a contract & get rid of Korey. COYR 

Very very difficult to say without knowing

1) Whether he is going to stay long term

2) What backing he will have

3) Whether he will be able to bring in the players he wants

I have complete faith that if he's given total autonomy and is backed, he can get us promoted within a couple of seasons. I have a feeling Lansdown may have finally realised what we need after enjoying the success with the Rugby. It reminds me of when Gandalf the White lifted King Theoden's curse in Lord of the Rings - Two Towers (whether that makes Ashton 'Grima Wormtongue' is a whole different thread!). Hopefully he can see the potential for instant results in Pearson, rather than a slow burning 'project' and backs him to get the job done.

7 hours ago, Gakoe said:

Realistically, promotion through the play off's would be an amazing achievement. 

But F that!!! Let's all get down the bookies and chuck 20 quid on BCFC prem champs 23/24 ?

What an utterly ridiculous thing to say, ffs.  Everyone knows that defending the title is infinitely harder than winning it in the first place!  

13 hours ago, Simon79 said:

I’m fairly sure LJ would sign Korey tomorrow if given the chance. I know it’s fashionable to slate LJ at times, but I think it’s a bit of a stretch to say that LJ got Holden to not offer him a contract & get rid of Korey. COYR 

Korey left our club four weeks after LJ departed Ashton Gate - given the way modern transfers are initiated and then negotiated do you seriously believe Korey’s ‘see ya, thanks for everything’ was totally down to Dean Holden?! 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Korey left our club four weeks after LJ departed Ashton Gate - given the way modern transfers are initiated and then negotiated do you seriously believe Korey’s ‘see ya, thanks for everything’ was totally down to Dean Holden?! 

....and as we know, “not offered a contract” does not necessarily mean discussions weren’t held.  Could easily have been that Swansea’s interest and discussions with them blew any deal we could offer out of the water.  They are a PP club, and an extra £5k p.w. is. is much easier for them than us.

I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand
Kicked in my face
But I've come through
And we mean to go on and on and on and on
We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the World
I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune
And everything that goes with it
I thank you all
But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before
The human race
And I ain't gonna lose
And we mean to go on and on and on and on
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers

On 14/03/2021 at 22:02, Polly said:

Now sits Expectation in the air...

"...And hides a sword, from hilts unto the point,
1With crowns imperial, crowns and coronets
Promised to Pearson and his followers.
The Ashton, advised by good intelligence
Of this most dreadful preparation,
Shake in his fear, and with pale policy
Seek to divert the Pearson purposes"

Be that as it may, I say promotion and be damned!

I’ll feel a lot more comfortable with this conversation when he signs a 2-3 year deal for us. Think there will be quite a few big clubs looking for a manager next season. Not saying he’d be the favourite but he’d have half a season under his belt to know the league a bit better and with our run in he will most likely have a positive record in those games. He can say he wants to stay but I have the utmost belief our board can ruin even the simplest of things. 

8 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:
"...And hides a sword, from hilts unto the point,
1With crowns imperial, crowns and coronets
Promised to Pearson and his followers.
The Ashton, advised by good intelligence
Of this most dreadful preparation,
Shake in his fear, and with pale policy
Seek to divert the Pearson purposes"

Be that as it may, I say promotion and be damned!

O City! model to thy inward greatness,
Like little body with a mighty heart,
What might’st thou do, that honour would thee do,
Were all thy players coached correctly.

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Equally, do you seriously believe Korey Smith was let go by the club on LJ’s say so, when they’d had a month after he left to consider revised plans? This is Ashton’s work, no?

On 14/03/2021 at 22:59, BS4 on Tour... said:

I fail to see what is considered odd about assessing box entries or “box penetrations “ if you prefer. Is this not the one measure that all fans can identify with as likely to lead to goals? Just because a bit of two word jargon has been created to describe it doesn’t make it an eye roll ?. Is there a simpler way of saying “let’s get the ball in the ****ing box”?

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I’ll feel a lot more comfortable with this conversation when he signs a 2-3 year deal for us. Think there will be quite a few big clubs looking for a manager next season. Not saying he’d be the favourite but he’d have half a season under his belt to know the league a bit better and with our run in he will most likely have a positive record in those games. He can say he wants to stay but I have the utmost belief our board can ruin even the simplest of things. 

Don't worry about it, he's staying. The short term deal was due to the threat of relegation - self preservation for both parties. 

Archived