IGNORED

Lou Macari - what a generous, great guy ...

BS4 on Tour...

Hi all, I was blown away by this - I knew that Lou Macari had gone through so much horrible stuff in his private life but to then realise how much he is doing for homeless people in Stoke on Trent was amazing - what a brilliant gesture - giving high-class, covid-safe shelter (including beds and television) to people in need from a town that loved him football-wise is a real feel good story at the moment - well done Lou ...

Whilst a drama, though based on real events, you should watch Marvelous, starring Toby Jones if you can find it. Lou Macari comes across as a great bloke in that too (and appears himself briefly).

It is also a wonderful piece of television that should be watched for that fact alone.

42 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Whilst a drama, though based on real events, you should watch Marvelous, starring Toby Jones if you can find it. Lou Macari comes across as a great bloke in that too (and appears himself briefly).

It is also a wonderful piece of television that should be watched for that fact alone.

My kids loved it. 

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hi all, I was blown away by this - I knew that Lou Macari had gone through so much horrible stuff in his private life but to then realise how much he is doing for homeless people in Stoke on Trent was amazing - what a brilliant gesture - giving high-class, covid-safe shelter (including beds and television) to people in need from a town that loved him football-wise is a real feel good story at the moment - well done Lou ...

It’s wonderful isn’t it! Gives people such a sense of purpose when they’ve got their own space.

Always admired LM. Did a brilliant job at Swindon as manager.

Always remember the “Lou Macari’s red and white army” chant Swindon used to sing. It was pretty impressive at the County ground and also when they played down Ashton Gate v Gas. Yes I was there along with a few hundred other City.

4 hours ago, richwwtk said:

What a film, what a great thing Macari did for the guy. One of my favourite films, gives you a warm feeling.

What a fantastic gesture, top man. And as said Marvellous is indeed Marvellous, and so is Toby Jones.

Worth saying to that Wolves manager donated £250k of his own money in a charitable cause to feed the needy.

'Feed The Pack'   add  Marcus Rashfords  efforts too, its all good.

Archived