IGNORED

Blackburn (A) - Weds 17th March 19:45 - Matchday Thread

Prinny

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Absolutely no desire to win that game. And against a team who have lost 7 of their last 10. Disappointing. The sooner Fam goes the better, offered absolutely nothing. Barely broke a sweat. A right back is a must in the summer.

Pissed of with that to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Happy with a point. We might even have had the better chances. Blackburn move it around very well but maybe do that too much when in the final third. We seem to try and create a chance with less touches of the ball. 

Was really frustrating 2 times we won it high up 2nd half, Semenyo could not get it under control, so laid it to Fam who's touch was unbelievably bad. Lost possession.

And then the time when we won it high and Wells could have shot but instead him, Kasey and Fam decided to pass it around before Fam was offside. So poor.

But the other time was when Fam got on to loose ball and shot superbly that may have been a great save onto post. Though not seen back.

Mariappa and Sessegnon best players imo.

O'Leary very assured in everything he did. 

Massengo our best midfielder. Worked so hard.

Interesting to see the next line up. I think some changes will need to be made.

Shame Watkins is I guess injured. As could really have done with him on last 20 imo up front. Hopefully back soon.

• Like 2

15 pages. Is this the shortest match day thread of the season? 
Says a lot about the game, particularly since 4 pages are about the hilarity of the ref. 

Edit - flipped to page 16 as I wrote this 😉

Edited by Harry

Big Nige will be delighted with the result. City defended solidly. two teams cancelling each out.

Good to see CoD actually using his skills to take on defenders, about time to, just unfortunate not to create a real opportunity 

I’m happy enough with a point away from home.

• Like 3

Good away performance to get a well earned point. Don't tell me we were boring. We are beginning to learn how to get points on the road with a very hard working team that was determined not to lose. And they restricted a mediocre Blackburn side to long hopeful balls into the box. We had the better couple of chances but tended to snatch at them. However, that is definitely one that we would have lost heavily a few weeks ago. Some very good chasing by forwards and midfield. For what its worth, Massengo outworked Semenyo while Kasey did a fair shift.

Safety beckons and we are looking like a proper team already.  

• Like 2

Good point on the road. Feel like this is one of those games that under Holden or LJ we would have lost - grinding out results is part and parcel of succeeding in the Championship so feel this is Pearson making an impact already. Not to mention a clean sheet for Max and our still frankly makeshift defence (no Mawson, Sess playing LB). No easy matches at this level. Happy with that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not the performance of Birmingham but solid nonetheless with O'leary hardly troubled. Mariappa and Vyner forming a good defensive partnership. Could of made more of our opportunities but it wasn't to be tonight. Massengo Mom for me, the lad seems to be everywhere. I lost count of how many times he managed to get goal side to put out potential fires. 

• Thanks 1

Defensively okay, shape was good but just the odd occasion where Kalas gets caught with a cross in the box. Need to tidy up that.

Offensively though, really poor. So sloppy in possession, Hunt and Lansbury especially...

I can’t wait to ship out Fam and Wells either. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Best thing about that was the clean sheet. Slightly worried about how easily Holtby was running off Walsh a far bit & not tracking him. Kalas bollocked him a few times.

Another's have said . Can’t really understand fam staying on . Very lazy performance 

Yeah that was concerning. Things like that is why LJ wouldn't play him in a 2, as LJ used to say he can't do it.

• Like 1

8 weeks ago we’d have been overjoyed with the result and the team keeping a clean sheet.

Shows how much expectations have changed since Pearson took over!

• Like 1

Just now, Northern Red said:

We'd have lost that a few weeks ago and it would have been even less entertaining.

... and we'd have had no shots or corners.

1 minute ago, dREDful said:

Can we give someone else a go at right back? Like a steward or summat. 

I’ll get my old boots and the dubbin pot out then!