IGNORED

Pearson Gets His Wish

Port Said Red

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Our Manager said he wanted to see the boys in different situations, well Pearson will be pleased, he got to see them battle for a point on a crap pitch against a physical side and learned more about the group. 

He’ll have also learned that in Max O’Leary, he has a very capable deputy for Bents. Although he didn’t have many difficult saves to make, his handling was sound throughout. 

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

He’ll have also learned that in Max O’Leary, he has a very capable deputy for Bents. Although he didn’t have many difficult saves to make, his handling was sound throughout. 

Agree, but it appears he’s a graduate of the Frankie Fielding school of clearance kicks.

Think that is harsh on max with regard to his kicking. First competitive game in a while, at short notice and on an awful pitch. The Blackburn players knew that and pressed his kicking (from floor and from hand).   His kicking in other games has been competent.

I prefer to look at the positives in that we got a hard earned draw against a very mobile hard working Blackburn side. We looked solid at the back which comes from playing regularly together.

Again NP tweaked the formation a little at half time. A little disappointed with Diedhiou in that we needed a bit more of a focal point to work off and a little disappointed that we gave them too much space but in fairness that was also due to good movement by Blackburn to create the space in the first place.

NP's mentioned before the ability to grind out results in difficult matches and this was one of those matches.

Wells and KP45's work rate was top draw but MOM for me was Massengo. Grew into the game and played a variety of roles.

A few months ago those three players wouldn't have got a mention and Northern Streaky would be scratching his head at another defeat but such is the resilience and spirit NP is instilling we look a tougher nut to crack these days

It was awful to watch but there were certainly positives.

O’Leary got another game & didn’t let us down, Mariappa was outstanding, Sessegnon has stopped us fretting over the lack of a natural LB. Massengo was very good, Vyner & Nagy returned & O’Dowda looks fit enough to start. 2nd consecutive clean sheet.

NP said he wanted to see us grit out a game when we didn’t play well, we did just that.

27 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Didnt see much of a battle myself and the pitch was crap ....for both squads

I think our initial plan to press like the Birmingham game had to be scrapped because the referee saw every challenge as a foul. There were at least three from Semenyo alone that would have been fine 90% of the time.

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think our initial plan to press like the Birmingham game had to be scrapped because the referee saw every challenge as a foul. There were at least three from Semenyo alone that would have been fine 90% of the time.

A definite "Homer" a comedian just like his fictitious namesake.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Play-offs?! ?

As crazy as it seems, I expect my team to want to win every game until its mathematically impossible, especially as relegation fears have essentially passed. 

You might argue we aren't mathematically safe, but in making no effort to have one last chance in possession we had clearly already decided it wasn't worth going for the playoffs before kickoff. 

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Our Manager said he wanted to see the boys in different situations, well Pearson will be pleased, he got to see them battle for a point on a crap pitch against a physical side and learned more about the group. 

Physical?

Crikey, the bar is low for that in 2021, go back to the 60’s,70’s and 80’s and see what physical was?

8 hours ago, Swede said:

I prefer to look at the positives in that we got a hard earned draw against a very mobile hard working Blackburn side. We looked solid at the back which comes from playing regularly together.

Again NP tweaked the formation a little at half time. A little disappointed with Diedhiou in that we needed a bit more of a focal point to work off and a little disappointed that we gave them too much space but in fairness that was also due to good movement by Blackburn to create the space in the first place.

NP's mentioned before the ability to grind out results in difficult matches and this was one of those matches.

Wells and KP45's work rate was top draw but MOM for me was Massengo. Grew into the game and played a variety of roles.

A few months ago those three players wouldn't have got a mention and Northern Streaky would be scratching his head at another defeat but such is the resilience and spirit NP is instilling we look a tougher nut to crack these days

Agree with what you say and that NP would have got much out of last night but having suffered Holdenball for over half a season I couldn’t bring myself to watch that second half tbh. Only so much shit football you can put yourself through!!! I very much hope that NP gets signed up and is given enough of a budget to bring his own players in and get rid of the significant amount of deadwood we have at the club that he has inherited.

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Sorry, I don't know that reference.

@Port Said Red

Homer Simpson? Sorry it's a rather pathetic attempt at a joke.

When I see refs dishing out free kicks to the home team for such trivial things yet ignoring much more serious misdemeanours but them, it reminds me of the crowds comments when I was very young,  about brown envelopes!

This one last evening made Stroud seem like a top class referee!

Archived