IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou

TomThumb84

1 hour ago, Gmac said:

Perhaps this is a task for @Davefevs has anyone got a break down of the goals he has scored for us. Penalty, header, inside/outside the box, one on one, clear cut chance things like that etc 

Would be much appreciated.

I could do, but it would mean wasting my Wyscout video minutes on something we know he’s pretty decent at....finishing.

Its the other stuff that lets him down imho.

I don't want him to stay.  We need a striker that plays on the shoulder, has the pace to keep up with Semenyo and O'Dowda breaking on the wings, can find space and can finish 1 on 1s.

I have always rated O'Dowda.  With confidence, I think he has the potential to do a Ollie Watkins type conversion into a central striker.  He's decent in the air, makes intelligent runs, can strike a ball cleanly, but just lack composure through on goal at times.  Controversial I know. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Red Skin said:

I don't want him to stay.  We need a striker that plays on the shoulder, has the pace to keep up with Semenyo and O'Dowda breaking on the wings, can find space and can finish 1 on 1s.

I have always rated O'Dowda.  With confidence, I think he has the potential to do a Ollie Watkins type conversion into a central striker.  He's decent in the air, makes intelligent runs, can strike a ball cleanly, but just lack composure through on goal at times.  Controversial I know. 

O'Dowda always seems to do well up front when he is put up there late in games, always to help see the game out. 

Would be interesting to see from the start whether it would work. Has the pace and power and doesn't stop running.

11 hours ago, Red Skin said:

From the little I saw of him on video, I genuinely thought that was what we were getting - Kodjia mkII, albeit not as rapid.

Then, when he's here, he's played as some sort of "target man."

To me, he's a fish  out of water being asked to play with his back to goal.

• Like 2

Suppose Ashton wasn’t wrong when he said they’d get the value from him on the pitch...his value is zero and he’s offering **** all on the pitch! 

The fact the club has offered him the biggest contract in the clubs history (according to Mcgregor) should set alarm bells ringing! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, super slick said:

Suppose Ashton wasn’t wrong when he said they’d get the value from him on the pitch...his value is zero and he’s offering **** all on the pitch! 

The fact the club has offered him the biggest contract in the clubs history (according to Mcgregor) should set alarm bells ringing! 

I pray to god that offer is no longer on the table

• Like 12

He needs to go. Been a big fan of his but I’ve seen enough now. Same for Wells. For large parts of this season they have been starved of any decent service but any good move broke down because of them today. Mainly Fam. Painful to watch.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Red Skin said:

I have always rated O'Dowda.  With confidence, I think he has the potential to do a Ollie Watkins type conversion into a central striker.  He's decent in the air, makes intelligent runs, can strike a ball cleanly

We see thing very differently. I just don’t rate CO’D as a midfielder let alone converting him to a striker. Along with many others he was extremely poor again today. His delivery from dead ball situations is dire as is his general passing game and his inevitable pirouette and backward pass when breaking forward does my head in.  I truly hope whatever injury he experienced today isn’t too serious but we need to move him on rather than include him in our future plans, imo. 

I've given up on Famara too. Thanks for the memories, Fam but if we’re ever to challenge at the top of the Championship, we need strikers who threaten the opposition goal and trouble defenders - he does that far too infrequently. 

• Like 8

Utter shite again today. First touch of a trampoline, if you are one up front with runners behind you then you need to keep hold of the ball which is something he mostly can't manage. Enjoy Turkey or wherever else your agents have got you lined up, but time for you to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got beat up by a creaking 35 year old today.

The albeit brief Wells down the middle with Semenyo and O’Dowda set-up I would like produced our first shot on target after about 4 minutes of the change. Got really fractured after that.

Maybe the last we see of Fam today. That was pretty painful. I wish him all the best. Not his fault we have massively got this wrong by not either tying him down and getting him motivated, or selling him.

Worst of all scenarios for all concerned, and a shame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Decent enough first half, but poor 2nd when in that amazing Diedhiou - Wells partnership in a 442 (sarcasm) 

Totally agree first sentence.  Second half we didn’t go 442, that was Tinman second guessing from the positions they took up at start of second half.  The only real change was KP dropping in deeper, which did enable him to get on the ball a couple of times early on and roll his man.  So more 451 if anything....not that it matters though.

Second half Fam was poor, thought he should’ve earned about 3 free-kicks though, as they went through the back of him.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Totally agree first sentence.  Second half we didn’t go 442, that was Tinman second guessing from the positions they took up at start of second half.  The only real change was KP dropping in deeper, which did enable him to get on the ball a couple of times early on and roll his man.  So more 451 if anything....not that it matters though.

Second half Fam was poor, thought he should’ve earned about 3 free-kicks though, as they went through the back of him.

I think the problem was he'd spent most of the 1st half looking for them to the point where the ref was having nothing of it. Spent more time on his arse than looking threatening in this game.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

He’s absolutely dire and his body language says he’s gone. 
NP needs to leave him out and give the likes of Britton and Bell a chance as the season closes in. 
Nothing to lose 

Exactly, with interest in Britton, a shot in the first team might persuade him to sign a new deal

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thought it looked like Wells was more central and Palmer sort of right coming in field.

1 minute ago, RedNachos said:

Exactly, with interest in Britton, a shot in the first team might persuade him to sign a new deal

He seems to be behind Bell and Conway

9 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

From the little I saw of him on video, I genuinely thought that was what we were getting - Kodjia mkII, albeit not as rapid.

Then, when he's here, he's played as some sort of "target man."

To me, he's a fish  out of water being asked to play with his back to goal.

I've heard that's how he was used in France, but I don't believe he's been told to play the way he's been doing  for us by 3 different managers.

Before his injury Benik Afobe played exactly I'd like my striker to play.  On the shoulder, finding spaces, with a telepathic connection with Kasey.  And you really believed he would score when bearing down on the keeper.  Benik wasn't told to continually drop deep to receive the ball or restrict to his role to being a target man, so why do some fans believe Fam has?

I just don't think he's very good.  Sam Bell showed more guile and ability to find space than we've seen from Fam most of the season. 

Edited by Red Skin
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Letting a record signing leave like this feels a bit embarrassing, anyone else think so? 

Not really, players rule the roost these days, the club could have tried to sell him but the player refuses, and in a Covid market an agent could easily come to a pre-contract agreement with a chunky signing on fee. If we were challenging for something then he might of hung around, but why stay when you could go to Turkey, China (perhaps not so much now) or another country with an attractive tax regime when you only have a couple more big contracts in you.