IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou

TomThumb84

9 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Yep, thats the bit we don't know , what player he sees in that role. Nige is normally thrown into a squad that has too many players, and having to use what he has. At Leicester he was able to build what he wanted. We have scope , which must be attractive to him. Vardy Mk 2 is fine by all of us. Only based on that, I would think he wants someone with pace who can create space as well as not lose the ball every time it arrives to him. Of course knowing what you want and finding/affording them is the real challenge. He is clearly looking at Palmer playing in front of the midfield, and that suggests he needs someone who can create space. Though Palmer needs to improve a lot too, and be faster at moving the ball on and not trying to beat a load of players. Antoine tends to do the same, though has moments when he moves the ball on very fast. Hey it's guessing, but certainly we will need better , or let's say different to Fam. 

I started looking at Lg1 strikers / forwards last night, who are u24 and that might be able to step up.  Gonna take me some time to produce my list.  Last season I did a similar trawl through Lg1/2 and although Toney was the standout, he was going to Brentford, and therefore I thought we should be looking at Tyler Walker, who was subsequently bought by Coventry.  Not got tonnes of game time, but 6g / 2a in the equivalent of 15 matches in a struggling side isn’t too bad.

There are a few in this years batch that need a serious look at.  I will probably expand my search to Champ too, especially the bottom half because it’s possible there might be a bargain.

Re Palmer....I think he’s already started to reduce the amount of time he’s on the ball, much more popping it off than trying to dribble per se.  Work to do undoubtedly, but encouraging signs.  Two months ago he was looking like an expensive flop.  Looks like he’s created an early bond with NP too.

8 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

A small issue with goal scoring though. NP would know him from Derby, but from a quick check did not play him (he only started 1 game that season with NP and then Steve M) . He will be on some notable wages, even with the option that we could negotiate. I think the club will move on, you risk signing someone who could be injured many times as he recovers, and we cannot afford any more risks like that in my view. Nice guy, great work ethic, but end result not there. 

Thing with Andi here is he’s scored approx 14 a season while also being shunted to playing on the wing, would wager he’d finish on a good total (providing he could return the same player) if he played 40+ games upfront, sure he misses chances here and there some think he should finish but what striker doesn’t? He’s also very good in the air when you look at the headers he scores. He seems to be out doing running on pitches which could indicate being about 2 months from playing at that time, could be were able to make an assessment as to his recovery around the end of the season even if he doesn’t play a game. Also offering him a 2 year deal on reduced terms rather than using the option on current wages could be an option. Reduces the immediate ffp contribution while giving him an extra season of guaranteed income.

4 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Thing with Andi here is he’s scored approx 14 a season while also being shunted to playing on the wing, would wager he’d finish on a good total (providing he could return the same player) if he played 40+ games upfront, sure he misses chances here and there some think he should finish but what striker doesn’t? He’s also very good in the air when you look at the headers he scores. He seems to be out doing running on pitches which could indicate being about 2 months from playing at that time, could be were able to make an assessment as to his recovery around the end of the season even if he doesn’t play a game. Also offering him a 2 year deal on reduced terms rather than using the option on current wages could be an option. Reduces the immediate ffp contribution while giving him an extra season of guaranteed income.

14 a season? Weimann has scored 21 goals in 3 years since he signed according to wiki. Excellent hard working pro, but for us to rely on him as a front line main goal scorer, after the injury and as he gets older would be rediculous.

31 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

14 a season? Weimann has scored 21 goals in 3 years since he signed according to wiki. Excellent hard working pro, but for us to rely on him as a front line main goal scorer, after the injury and as he gets older would be rediculous.

I honestly thought he'd got more, okay when you look at when he's played upfront his stats are 0.4 goals per 90 and 0.58 for each of his first two seasons, when you equate that to a 46 game season that's 18 and 26 goals at the equivalent rate, however he's always been shunted wide or back to midfield and never been allowed the be a main striker. As said this all comes down to evaluating him once he's fully recovered, given his family could be pretty settled here he may be willing to prove his fitness here before looking elsewhere. Point being if you're looking for a Vardy type striker to pair with someone we could have them there already.

11 hours ago, billywedlock said:

A small issue with goal scoring though. NP would know him from Derby, but from a quick check did not play him (he only started 1 game that season with NP and then Steve M) . He will be on some notable wages, even with the option that we could negotiate. I think the club will move on, you risk signing someone who could be injured many times as he recovers, and we cannot afford any more risks like that in my view. Nice guy, great work ethic, but end result not there. 

Weimann was injured during pre-season and wasn’t available to NP at the start of that season.

10 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Can’t play this season....not in 25 man squad! ??‍♂️

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Weimann was injured during pre-season and wasn’t available to NP at the start of that season.

Can’t play this season....not in 25 man squad! ??‍♂️

Not on about first team games, training ground or if he'd be ready before May 3rd for some minutes he could play 23's

Diedhiou is working hard to improve his fitness ahead of his departure in the summer. Rumour has it he was sweating buckets on the treadmill for over an hour yesterday.

He looked utterly exhausted.

Imagine how knackered he'd be if they actually switched on the machine.

Even Akinfewa or Bas Savage would skin him alive in a 20 yard sprint. (That's assuming Bas didn't trip over his own feet and face-plant the turf as usual).

Archived