IGNORED

Danny Simpson

pl00peh91

I wonder if Pearson might look at some former players. Unsure Simpson would be on the list...?

Drinkwater seems a bit ambitious and a distinct lack of gametime last couple of years too.

Mentioned him before elsewhere, Matty James? Experienced but not too old, reasonable fitness record in recent times, 30.

Is a DM but sound technically, out of contract Summer 2022 so would be not so expensive IMO.

12 hours ago, Slacker said:

Not the kind of "character" I would like to see associated with our club if these allegations are true.

41 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

If he was guilty of assault against his partner, I don't want him at our club.

Yep was convicted in court of assault of his ex girlfriend and was given 300 hour community service and £900 costs. 

He then turned up for those in his £200k Lambo then moaned about press intrusion so his lawyer got him off doing the rest, and instead had a 21 day electronic tag curfew...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/leicester-city-star-danny-simpson-let-community-service-due-press-intrusion-a7026416.html

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Bit odd we brought in Lansbury and not Matty James. Who had been playing championship football for Barnsley so would have come here fit. And is doing really well now at Coventry.

Half of these deals depend on who the Agents are and what clubs they like dealing with or whether clubs like dealing with them (for whatever reason). It’s not always as simple as player X is available, go get him.

12 hours ago, big dosser said:

with you on this one

i have no respect for any man that bullies a women and would not want to see them play for are club

SL does have a track record for removing players who give the club a negative association so I would have thought unlikely we’ll be in for him.

She sounds like a right basket case too.

Wanted a baby from him after the assault. Was willing to sleep with him but if he didn't want to, then would take artificial insemination ??? wtf...some right nutters out there.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4098822/Premier-League-star-Danny-Simpson-s-ex-says-ll-drop-maintenance-demands-against-agrees-baby.html

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Wanted a baby from him after the assault. Was willing to sleep with him but if he didn't want to, then would take artificial insemination ??? wtf...some right nutters out there.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4098822/Premier-League-star-Danny-Simpson-s-ex-says-ll-drop-maintenance-demands-against-agrees-baby.html

Put your tin hat on??

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Put your tin hat on??

I know...someone will try to defend stupid. ?

Both of em basket cases imo.

Why the hell would you want another child with a man that assaulted you?

She says because she wants both her kids from the same dad. Even though he assaulted her...makes no sense whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Not condoning what he’s done and I haven’t looked, but we could do with some horrible little shits on the pitch for once 

I don't think he'd get away with throttling someone whilst sitting astride them during a game.

Probably get a card for that.  ;)

50 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Gregor now reporting Sheffield Weds have pulled out and we may sign him until end of season, with regs allowing an injury replacement in the 25 man squad list

This suggests it’s a done deal.....https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/bristol-city-reach-significant-player-agreement/

34 year old, so surely not one for next season. Taking a spot where we have Hunt (yes I know he's perfect but he's fit), and then with Rowe/Nurse returning we can play Sess on the right. So footballing reasons this does not make sense.

Personal reasons it doesn't make sense either, the guy is a total tool.

28 minutes ago, The Bard said:

I think Hunt might be playing with an injury

Maybe so, but I’d rather play Vyner there or Mariappa at a push if Baker returns.

Obviously Nigel Pearson knows far more about football than I do, but I’m really very uncomfortable about this.

I have no interest at all in people’s personal lives if someone wants to sleep around, get pissed every night or find religion that’s up to them, but I don’t want to watch someone who has assaulted a woman play for us.

4 hours ago, spudski said:

Bet she was furious that the photographer took one from that angle.................MUCH !

Archived