IGNORED

Danny Simpson

pl00peh91

There's a thread about Luke Ayling and the fact he was possibly sold because he was seen next to someone who'd had a whiz in a cup...

And then we're thinking about signing a convicted wife beater? ?

51 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Maybe so, but I’d rather play Vyner there or Mariappa at a push if Baker returns.

Obviously Nigel Pearson knows far more about football than I do, but I’m really very uncomfortable about this.

I have no interest at all in people’s personal lives if someone wants to sleep around, get pissed every night or find religion that’s up to them, but I don’t want to watch someone who has assaulted a woman play for us.

Close your eyes when he has the ball!

35 minutes ago, Loïs said:

There's a thread about Luke Ayling and the fact he was possibly sold because he was seen next to someone who'd had a whiz in a cup...

And then we're thinking about signing a convicted wife beater? ?

Gregor’s first interview ;

’ So Danny , welcome to Bristol City , are you still beating your wife? ‘ 

I am very uncomfortable with this potential signing. 

24 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Doesn’t make much sense.

By time Simpson arrives Rowe and Nurse will be fit that gives 3 left backs plus Towler

If Hunt is indeed unfit then there is Sessegnon, Vyner, and Mariappa.

How many do we need?

It does if he is a better fullback than any of them.

Well, the only plus point for me is that it indicates that Pearson ain’t going to be bossed around by either SL or MA.

Can’t believe that ‘ under the old regime ways of doing things’ this signing would have been sanctioned

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Gregor’s first interview ;

’ So Danny , welcome to Bristol City , are you still beating your wife? ‘ 

I am very uncomfortable with this potential signing. 

Yep I’m not sure being a convicted wife beater is the kind of edge I want our players to have 

Could this be a case of Pearson testing his position at the club? Season is over, we don’t really need him (& is likely to be short term deal & no more). Maybe Pearson is twisting the screw to see what he can & can’t be in control of? A try before you buy, but more from Pearson’s point of view for next season, & not Simpsons (if that makes sense!?)

For what it’s worth, i couldnt give a shit about his personal life, not even getting into that.

Not sure I understand this one. 
By the time he comes in, there’s only 8 games left. 
Hunt is fit and playing. If he needs a rest play Vyner or Moore at RB. 
Why spend a salary on a player we don’t really need and probably isn’t going to be good enough for this level next season. 
He’s started 26 games in 2, now nearly 3, seasons. 
Weird signing and another to add to the Dads Army signings of the last 2 seasons. 

I can only assume Pearson wants someone in who he can trust and give him a ‘players eye view’ of the squad. 

17 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

For what it’s worth, i couldnt give a shit about his personal life, not even getting into that.

Presumably you would give a shit if it was your sister or daughter being strangled by her partner?

Surprised SL is sanctioning this signing. We're not in contention to go up or down and at 34 he is surely not the future .  ..so why? Add in his history and it doesn't make sense.

7 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Presumably you would give a shit if it was your sister or daughter being strangled by her partner?

Surprised SL is sanctioning this signing. We're not in contention to go up or down and at 34 he is surely not the future .  ..so why? Add in his history and it doesn't make sense.

Presumably you would be happy to see Cristiano Ronaldo at our club.....despite paying off a woman who accused him of rape? (Not saying he did or didnt)

People make mistakes, it happens. Not a fan of cancel culture, Leicester and there fans were happy to celebrate him winning a league with them. Shit happens, it’s life, not that i condone it or would ever do such a thing, but i also don’t preach.

Read my first paragraph to see why i think Pearson wants him....

14 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Presumably you would be happy to see Cristiano Ronaldo at our club.....despite paying off a woman who accused him of rape? (Not saying he did or didnt)

People make mistakes, it happens. Not a fan of cancel culture, Leicester and there fans were happy to celebrate him winning a league with them. Shit happens, it’s life, not that i condone it or would ever do such a thing, but i also don’t preach.

Read my first paragraph to see why i think Pearson wants him....

No I don't think footballers should get a free pass for rape or domestic violence just because they're footballers. Whoever they are. 

Just stick a right-back from the u23s on if we need to instead of paying big wages to a washed-up domestic abuser, we have absolutely NOTHING to play for so instead of picking the likes of Lansbury and Diedhiou who likely won't be here next season give some minutes to a young lad.

The only positive is it shows nige has got a tidy say in transfers

Archived