IGNORED

Danny Simpson

pl00peh91

2 minutes ago, Scrumpylegs said:

This signing shows that Pearson is prepared to be ruthless in shaping the team exactly the way he wants it. Maybe this was also some sort of ‘test’ for SL to see if he would have a free hand to make the signings he wants. I’d imagine SL had been uneasy about the signing but sanctioning this now gives Pearson the green light to build HIS team.

My personal view about Simpson is that people should be given a chance to rehabilitate themselves. Around 1 in 3 men in this country have a criminal conviction in their lifetime!! Give the guy a chance.

Yeah and I bet some of those are the first to say men's mental health is awful in this Country.

The guy made a mistake, when drunk, he had the punishment. He doesn't need his entire career and life taken from him. 

Cancel culture..

Just now, 2015 said:

Yeah and I bet some of those are the first to say men's mental health is awful in this Country.

The guy made a mistake, when drunk, he had the punishment. He doesn't need his entire career and life taken from him. 

Cancel culture..

Why not? That's what happens to other criminals.

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Cancel culture..

If he was a teacher, social worker, police man, any job that requires a DBS check he would have lost his career.

As football has no morals he’s fine to carry on. I hope Lansdown feels ashamed 

Just now, Bobbie said:

If he was a teacher, social worker, police man, any job that requires a DBS check he would have lost his career.

I'm sure he is really bothered by what some guys on OTIB have to say

1 minute ago, SecretSam said:

Why not? That's what happens to other criminals.

Not quite as simple as you portray. If someone slaps or does worse to a child during their career in childcare, yes you are correct they forfeit that career for life. If their career choice poses no harm to vulnerable people then they are free to return to that career generally.

1 minute ago, Bobbie said:

The vast majority of careers do not require an enhanced or even basic DBS check.

8 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Cancel culture..

He didn’t have his punishment. Read up on how acted after being found guilty 

4 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Unless you are an advocate of locking all criminals up and throwing away the key don’t you think it’s better that these people work once they’ve done the time? I’m not a great fan of this signing myself but your logic seems a bit flawed.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Unless you are an advocate of locking all criminals up and throwing away the key don’t you think it’s better that these people work once they’ve done the time? I’m not a great fan of this signing myself but your logic seems a bit flawed.

I’m not saying he shouldn’t work again but he should be allowed to work in the public eye where’s he looked up to as a role model. I don’t want my season ticket money going anywhere near him 

21 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He didn’t have his punishment. Read up on how acted after being found guilty 

This is a big point for me - the sentence was passed but he couldn't just get on and serve it. Instead, he had to try and weedle his way out of it, "poor me, it's really inconvenient" - doesn't really strike me as someone remorseful for their actions.

2 hours ago, Globe Trotter said:

Domestic abuse victims are often abused and assaulted many, many times before they have the courage to call for help either from the police or a support organisation.

On average a domestic abuse victim would suffer 35 incidents of abuse / violence before calling the police for help (this figure is from memory 10 years old, it is probably higher now). 
Domestic violence victims will often be controlled and coerced emotionally and financially (not just physically) so serial abuse in a domestic violence context is not always easy to identify or prosecute. 

Domestic abuse perpetrators often attempt to minimise their behaviour and actions by blaming alcohol, drugs, upbringing, or anything else to deflect responsibility and/or blame the victim. 

Each case should be treated individually- you can’t say because of a trend it has happened here 

Just now, Rossi the Robin said:

Each case should be treated individually- you can’t say because of a trend it has happened here 

My wife worked in both sides (ie perpetrators and victims) of domestic abuse for 20 years. I can quite confidently say that “one off” domestic abuse cases are almost as rare as rocking horse shit. Seriously.

6 minutes ago, Genghis Khan's pants said:

This is a big point for me - the sentence was passed but he couldn't just get on and serve it. Instead, he had to try and weedle his way out of it, "poor me, it's really inconvenient" - doesn't really strike me as someone remorseful for their actions.

Good point.

Some have been trying to draw a parallel with the Orr, Brooker case.

Well firstly fighting bouncers outside of a pub certainly isn’t clever but for me it isn’t remotely in the same league as beating a woman.

Secondly Orr became a born again Christian after the incident & appeared genuinely remorseful, this individual continued to give it the big “I am” and got out of his community service.

It sends out a terrible message, especially after recent events.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Good point.

Some have been trying to draw a parallel with the Orr, Brooker case.

Well firstly fighting bouncers outside of a pub certainly isn’t clever but for me it isn’t remotely in the same league as beating a woman.

Secondly Orr became a born again Christian after the incident & appeared genuinely remorseful, this individual continued to give it the big “I am” and got out of his community service.

It sends out a terrible message, especially after recent events.

Said this before but I’ll say it again now it’s confirmed; less than 2 weeks ago there was a well publicised mass demonstration against male on female violence. This decision is utterly tone deaf.

32 minutes ago, fatchers said:

I am not offended, but I am offended on behalf of people who feel they have the right to be offended. I also researve the right to be offended on my own behalf when I feel offended at a later date.

Its clever, it's witty...

Archived