IGNORED

Danny Simpson

pl00peh91

7 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Is that actually true?! Pretty shocking if so although do things like minor speeding things count?

There are over 11 million people in the UK with a criminal record. Research shows that 1 in 3 men have a criminal record. Of those men with a criminal record, just over half of these had been convicted on only one occasion, and 85% were convicted before they were 30 years old.

Speeding fines don’t count but offences like drink driving, dangerous/careless driving do.

10 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I was not aware of his conviction and only just read the history on it. I’m not comfortable with this . It was a serious issue . I understand people make errors and pay a price for that . But . 

I don’t condone his behaviour at all but  his partner is still with him & has tweeted defending him & stating that he has worked hard both on & off the pitch to sort himself out. Maybe everyone deserves a second chance. 

Just now, Scrumpylegs said:

There are over 11 million people in the UK with a criminal record. Research shows that 1 in 3 men have a criminal record. Of those men with a criminal record, just over half of these had been convicted on only one occasion, and 85% were convicted before they were 30 years old.

Speeding fines don’t count but offences like drink driving, dangerous/careless driving do.

I honestly find this mental without counting minor offences like speeding. Would have thought more 1 in 50 or something.

I’m guessing the stats for women are very low in comparison. 

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

9AB427B2-DDB4-4C64-9C0C-EA1D204FEA77.jpeg

Even if that’s true it’s very clear from her recent tweet this evening that she feels he has worked hard to rehabilitate himself from his past behaviour. I don’t think it’s for people to pass moral judgments on what is clearly a complex situation without knowing all the facts, especially when she seems to have found peace with what happened.

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

The amount of people sympathising with what he did/passing it off like it’s not a big deal a bit worrying tbh. Not surprising, but still. 

There's murderers still plying their trade, nothing surprises me about the morals in football sadly

1 hour ago, Scrumpylegs said:

This signing shows that Pearson is prepared to be ruthless in shaping the team exactly the way he wants it. Maybe this was also some sort of ‘test’ for SL to see if he would have a free hand to make the signings he wants. I’d imagine SL had been uneasy about the signing but sanctioning this now gives Pearson the green light to build HIS team.

My personal view about Simpson is that people should be given a chance to rehabilitate themselves. Around 1 in 3 men in this country have a criminal conviction in their lifetime!! Give the guy a chance.

Interesting that no quote from the CEO that usually accompanies a new signing?

Saw this too on twitter.

I think it’s a signing that provokes peoples opinions.  I don’t know the full details of what happened.  Not sure where I stand on it.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

It’s just a odd one this, and one that brings an unnecessary divide between the fan base. 

Pretty ballsy from NP for his first signing...

I don't think he'll take any notice whatsoever of any pontifications on here or "social" media. 

NP has stamped his authority with this signing as I can't see Ashton or SL being "over the moon" with the predictable, albeit short lived, negative PR that will come with it.

In that respect, I'd agree that is a very ballsy signing.

2 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I think he means first prem winner we’ve signed 

You think that? Well it wasn’t what he said - he said he’s the first PL player we’ve signed .... and he ain’t the first PL winner we’ve signed - Clayton Blackmore, Norman Hunter, Joe Jordan, Terry Cooper, Carl Shutt, John Bailey, Peter Cormack, Joe Royle suggest otherwise?

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You think that? Well it wasn’t what he said - he said he’s the first PL player we’ve signed .... and he ain’t the first PL winner we’ve signed - Clayton Blackmore, Norman Hunter, Joe Jordan, Terry Cooper, Carl Shutt, John Bailey, Peter Cormack, Joe Royle suggest otherwise?

I think you're forgetting football started in 1993

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Now, come on @BS4 on Tour....  You're letting your standards for precision slip here aren't you.  Of the players you cite, maybe only Clayton Blackmore played in the Premier League.  Yes, they are all players from clubs that are or have been in the Premier League.  But not at the time.

Tut tut...

Archived