IGNORED

Danny Simpson

pl00peh91

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

This is the woman involved . As I’ve said I certainly don’t condone domestic abuse & think the men that do it are cowards. What I like to do though is not jump on  the bandwagon & condemn someone before knowing the facts unlike some saints on here. 

E1A0EBC8-D5B0-49F1-81C1-F61857C6DED4.jpeg

9077BE2B-9C3D-4D71-8987-AD56A11D7CA1.jpeg

I’m surprised no ones come Out with the classic “she’s only stayed/back with him because he’s rich” line yet. Not sure why people are choosing to harass her on sociaL media

Sadly so many views on here reinforce the male stereotype in attitudes towards women.

There should be clear condemnation of such acts - period.

What message are too many on Otib giving to our women’s team and women supporters.?

I am asked, if in somewhat rude language, what our historical identity is. I will give the answer, it is simply expressed - sportsmanship and community involvement

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It’s in capitals so you don’t swerve the question again . Which you still haven’t answered & are ignoring because I’ve backed you into a corner over it. So come on Mr righteous . Answer the question 

I don’t think this poster is a “Mr” FYI...

Just now, Ivorguy said:

Sadly so many views on here reinforce the male stereotype in attitudes towards women.

There should be clear condemnation of such acts - period.

What message are too many on Otib giving to our women’s team and women supporters.?

I am asked, if in somewhat rude language, what our historical identity is. I will give the answer, it is simply expressed in one word - sportsmanship.

I don’t think it is. Not one person has defended his actions or excused what he did, the only argument a few people are making is whether after 6 years a person can change or mature and atone for their mistake?

Everyone is well within their right to prefer he wasn’t at our club given his history, but equally some people are allowed to have an opinion that in light of him appearing to be back with the victim and her supporting his playing career maybe he has changed?

There’s no right and wrong answer here really, but as I’ve said I think personally I’d prefer we hadn’t brought the spotlight on ourselves in what is an unnecessary signing.

15 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I’m surprised no ones come Out with the classic “she’s only stayed/back with him because he’s rich” line yet. Not sure why people are choosing to harass her on sociaL media

The ironic bit is she got harassed after congratulating her partner on getting the job.

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I don’t think it is. Not one person has defended his actions or excused what he did, the only argument a few people are making is whether after 6 years a person can change or mature and atone for their mistake?

Everyone is well within their right to prefer he wasn’t at our club given his history, but equally some people are allowed to have an opinion that in light of him appearing to be back with the victim and her supporting his playing career maybe he has changed?

There’s no right and wrong answer here really, but as I’ve said I think personally I’d prefer we hadn’t brought the spotlight on ourselves in what is an unnecessary signing.

That’s my thoughts on it. Can people who have done vile things like this incident change for the better? Yes, not all do but some people do wake up before it’s too late. Would the fallout have been less if there had been a more public acceptance of wrongdoing and remorse. Again, I think yes.

However it’s such an emotive subject so I can understand those who say “you are entitled to work but please go elsewhere and work”. As with all emotive subjects some of the opinions on both sides of the debate are emotionally led and lack knowledge of the facts and issues in the individual case.

It’s certainly not an issue about the clubs history and “soul”, that’s for sure.

28 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

The guy have done his time 

Let’s judge him on his football 

I have only seen good things said from Leicester fans, majority would have him back 

I’m pretty sure success here would mean this subject gets forgotten by most, especially if we are flying high and he is part of that 

Not sure if raised on the thread already but anyone think this is a calculated*/clever*/random*/dangerous* signing (*delete as applicable), given that no fans in the stadium/s...? The last 8 games an opportunity to prove fitness and fitting into a style of play, next season if still here might prove difficult and troublesome with fans, media etc......

5 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Typical of someone posting without the facts. I’m certainly not condoning domestic abuse but now the woman involved has come out to support DS on social media & say the press lied about the incident , are you going to change your opinion ? 

No. I’ll believe the policeman who found him with his hands around her neck, and the judge that found him guilty of assault. 

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

It really isn’t “all that matters” it is actually the least important thing here.

As for “one side of the story”, it is the criminal conviction that is far more important here.

Lots of players have had criminal convictions but carried on with their careers. Joey Barton for one.

21 minutes ago, mozo said:

Begs the question then... who is the all-time worst criminal to have played for City?!

Did Atyeo run the Bristol massage parlours when he wasn't scoring an astonishing amount of goals?

20 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

McIndoe is up there?

Yep. 

Also, Partridge, Orr and Brooker for that nightclub incident. All went to prison. 

45 minutes ago, mozo said:

Begs the question then... who is the all-time worst criminal to have played for City?!

Did Atyeo run the Bristol massage parlours when he wasn't scoring an astonishing amount of goals?

I can think of a certain fullback, and I'm not talking about Bradley Orr.

16 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone

In terms of aggression towards women I'm sure most of us are sin-free. Anyone got a good stone I can throw?

1 hour ago, mozo said:

That rings a bell about big John.

I would think that every football club every Rugby club has at least one bad apple in their ranks, lots that have never come to light.

Maybe if they did we should all withdraw out support forthwith meaning when the virus is under control no one returns to stadiums.

Thus showing we are stand up citizens in this brave new world.

2 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

That rings a bell about big John.

I would think that every football club every Rugby club has at least one bad apple in their ranks, lots that have never come to light.

Maybe if they did we should all withdraw out support forthwith meaning when the virus is under control no one returns to stadiums.

Thus showing we are stand up citizens in this brave new world.

You are probably right. There will be lots of stuff over the years that gets brushed under the carpet.

Archived