IGNORED

Danny Simpson

pl00peh91

2 hours ago, mozo said:

Begs the question then... who is the all-time worst criminal to have played for City?!

Did Atyeo run the Bristol massage parlours when he wasn't scoring an astonishing amount of goals?

That keeper who’s just been sent down

3 hours ago, Bobbie said:

You said I was posting without facts and asked if I would change my opinion 

My problem is the hypocrisy . I hate domestic violence but the amount of vitriol on here is laughable . Loads, you included acting like you’re shit don’t stink , never made a mistake is a ******* joke . 
One  act of DV is too much obviously , but is there any history of repeated violence ? Was it a one off ? Not that it makes it right at all . I’m trying to get some balance . 

15 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

Good to know, good to know...

:me?: :whistle2: :thumbsup:

Superb time consuming, yet fruitless, research - highlighting my previous ‘attention to detail’ posts correcting people regarding what the top division in this country is actually called, at any moment in time, in no way whatsoever detracts from the achievements of the players who have won the top division in this country - as I said in previous posts on this thread (you know the ones you’ve tried yet failed to discredit) players who have won the top division in this country deserve the same accolades no matter what era they played in, because the top division has always been the top division no matter what ‘title’ it has at any given point in time - and I bet you were so chuffed with yourself for trawling through old threads from years and years ago to compile such irrelevant ‘evidence’ - never mind, great try - the posts you’ve dredged up bear no resemblance to the point I was consistently making on this thread and other recent threads, all they confirm is my self-confessed pedantry and liking for attention to detail, they aren’t relevant to my posts on this thread whatsoever - oh well, carry on patting yourself on the back, but what a superb effort in wasting your time going through years and years of old threads to prove absolutely nothing - I salute you! ????

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

My problem is the hypocrisy . I hate domestic violence but the amount of vitriol on here is laughable . Loads, you included acting like you’re shit don’t stink , never made a mistake is a ******* joke . 
One  act of DV is too much obviously , but is there any history of repeated violence ? Was it a one off ? Not that it makes it right at all . I’m trying to get some balance . 

I tend to agree with you here, nobody knows the details and what's in his mind.  People love judgement. 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

So you’re happy having someone who slaps up his misses play for our club? I have made mistakes but I’ve never raised my hand to a woman. The fact you call my morals laughable says a lot more about you than it does about me. Take a look at yourself, have some values and live by them.

Life isn’t about winning a game of football it’s about making the right decisions that you can be proud of. You even say ‘not that it makes it right at all’, so you don’t even know what you stand for. Anyone who condones what he did can get ******. You’re as bad as him and it’s why it’s still prevalent in our society. We need to stand up to bullies not protect them and make excuses. 

16 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

So now the comment has become, well everyone makes a mistake. Oh every club has a bad one. 2 weeks ago an ex player was convicted for ten years. A woman was murdered by a policeman and women protested about the lack of support, attention, and realisation of the effects of violence against them. People are brushing under the carpet a signifiant issue, from someone who showed no remorse in the public place, and now people are discussing what other bad people we have had at our club in the past. Yet every game people take the knee regading black lives matter. We have huge publicity against racial abuse (not violence) all very good apparently. But when it comes to violence against women, well its ok, it happened once. its ok . He has recovered. Maybe he has. The facts are he was convicted. But this is not mountain out of a mole hill. Some knowledgeable people on here have explained how DV can be physical, mental, financial, controlling, many levels. I have seen the effects of it, and it too often gets treated as "a domestic" .  For the sake of football, I do not get why our club would get involved in such a thing, more so when an ex player was put down for 10 years a few weeks ago. This is not why we should be in the headlines. No the club is not to blame, but I think many, clearly not all, would like our club to be at the forefront of setting some level of standards. Anyway, I would like to hear some female perspective-on this. For me, it is simply unnecessary signing . That it has created this long thread shows it means a lot to others too, and whilst there are differences of opinion as to how severe or maybe not severe this situation is, it most certainly is a discussion that for me I never thought I would be having on a football forum. As a footballer I can understand why NP wants him. But it is not a signing I personally welcome. Others have a different opinion, I can read that , and this is a forum. 

Well said 

3 hours ago, Bobbie said:

So you’re happy having someone who slaps up his misses play for our club? I have made mistakes but I’ve never raised my hand to a woman. The fact you call my morals laughable says a lot more about you than it does about me. Take a look at yourself, have some values and live by them.

Life isn’t about winning a game of football it’s about making the right decisions that you can be proud of. You even say ‘not that it makes it right at all’, so you don’t even know what you stand for. Anyone who condones what he did can get ******. You’re as bad as him and it’s why it’s still prevalent in our society. We need to stand up to bullies not protect them and make excuses. 

Everybody makes mistakes. Some worse then others. 

That was years ago now. It makes me uncomfortable to judge somebody so harshly years after a horrendous mistake. Im not condoning him. What he did was obviously wrong. But people can change. And its right that they be allowed to change, and be accepted and not constantly judged on that. 

6 hours ago, billywedlock said:

So now the comment has become, well everyone makes a mistake. Oh every club has a bad one. 2 weeks ago an ex player was convicted for ten years. A woman was murdered by a policeman and women protested about the lack of support, attention, and realisation of the effects of violence against them. People are brushing under the carpet a signifiant issue, from someone who showed no remorse in the public place, and now people are discussing what other bad people we have had at our club in the past. Yet every game people take the knee regading black lives matter. We have huge publicity against racial abuse (not violence) all very good apparently. But when it comes to violence against women, well its ok, it happened once. its ok . He has recovered. Maybe he has. The facts are he was convicted. But this is not mountain out of a mole hill. Some knowledgeable people on here have explained how DV can be physical, mental, financial, controlling, many levels. I have seen the effects of it, and it too often gets treated as "a domestic" .  For the sake of football, I do not get why our club would get involved in such a thing, more so when an ex player was put down for 10 years a few weeks ago. This is not why we should be in the headlines. No the club is not to blame, but I think many, clearly not all, would like our club to be at the forefront of setting some level of standards. Anyway, I would like to hear some female perspective-on this. For me, it is simply unnecessary signing . That it has created this long thread shows it means a lot to others too, and whilst there are differences of opinion as to how severe or maybe not severe this situation is, it most certainly is a discussion that for me I never thought I would be having on a football forum. As a footballer I can understand why NP wants him. But it is not a signing I personally welcome. Others have a different opinion, I can read that , and this is a forum. 

I can't disagree with the second half of your post, but I don't think anyone is brushing his actions under the carpet as such. The tone only changed for some when the actual victim here came out and supported him (I do fully understand the other aspects of DV such as control that could lead someone to blindly supporting their abuser but that doesnt appear to be the case here). If the actual victim has found peace and forgiven the man, plus the fact he has served his punishment, then I can understand why people would drop their guard a little over this signing.

Comparing to what Sesay did isn't relevant here, it sounds like he preyed on multiple women for years - a true predator and scumbag. It sounds like Simpson's was a one-off incident(there's no evidence or story to suggest it was prolonged abuse) that he was rightly convicted for.

I still agree, I wish it was another club's problem and it's unnecesary bad publicity.

I am as conflicted about this as many others on here I think. I am uncomfortable with signing someone who has this kind of history, but I am also keen to avoid being offended on someone elses behalf and to believe that one incident defines a person.

I do believe that someone like Simpson can turn their lives around though, I look at criminals like John McVicar or John McAvoy and see great examples of this. To do that takes a lot of work, which his partner seems to think he has done, and a second chance, in which she seems to be leading the way.

I don't the latter can be seen as condoning the former, there has to be some opportunity to reform though, and an opportunity to take it. 

2 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I don't know if I am being a hypocrite,perhaps the man has reformed or shown remorse and maybe he deserves/is entitled to go forward with his life and career.I really wish it wasn't with us though. 

Well, maybe. Just maybe he has. And why on earth should it not be with us?

The Lynch mobbing on here is unreal. 

Just now, Atticus said:

Well, maybe. Just maybe he has. And why on earth should it not be with us?

The Lynch mobbing on here is unreal. 

Maybe he has,maybe he hasn't?Just doesn't sit well with me particularly with his behaviour after his sentence was passed. Perhaps he is genuinely remorseful and tried hard to make amends?I am just being honest.I don't wish him any ill will,and if he can repair his life with his family then great.Just not the kind of environment I want to see here.We have the womens team here,many female supporters and have already been disowned by a women's support group.

If he was remorseful why did he not take his punishment like a man? Why has he never spoken out about domestic abuse? Why does he not stand up as someone who made a mistake and reformed and acts as a role model to others who have made similar mistakes? Why does he not give a % of his salary to domestic abuse charities? What has he done that makes people think hes owned up to his mistake and he’s changed? 

Maybe he has done all of that and I’ve misjudged him? I would love to hear about it if he has and can perhaps then I can form a different view on him, but nothing I’ve read so far makes me think he has any remorse for his actions 

7 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

If he was remorseful why did he not take his punishment like a man? Why has he never spoken out about domestic abuse? Why does he not stand up as someone who made a mistake and reformed and acts as a role model to others who have made similar mistakes? Why does he not give a % of his salary to domestic abuse charities? What has he done that makes people think hes owned up to his mistake and he’s changed? 

Maybe he has done all of that and I’ve misjudged him? I would love to hear about it if he has and can perhaps then I can form a different view on him, but nothing I’ve read so far makes me think he has any remorse for his actions 

Wow

Because he hasn’t flogged himself publicly , to your demands ?

Wow

55 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am as conflicted about this as many others on here I think. I am uncomfortable with signing someone who has this kind of history, but I am also keen to avoid being offended on someone elses behalf and to believe that one incident defines a person.

I do believe that someone like Simpson can turn their lives around though, I look at criminals like John McVicar or John McAvoy and see great examples of this. To do that takes a lot of work, which his partner seems to think he has done, and a second chance, in which she seems to be leading the way.

I don't the latter can be seen as condoning the former, there has to be some opportunity to reform for though, and opportunity to take it. 

Violence towards women is at the top of my hates and I have intervened through my life whenever I’ve seen any

You make some valid points but comparing career criminals , and people who set out to commit offences , to someone who appears to have lost it in a domestic row and scrap is not a great comparison

For the record , ive never assaulted a female in any way , at any point in my life , but there’s some right self righteous ones on here 

Weve had far worse at our Club

6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Wow

Because he hasn’t flogged himself publicly , to your demands ?

Wow

it would show he’s trying to make amends for what he did. That would go some way to allowing people to accept that he’s changed. 

The reality is he couldn’t even be bothered to complete his community service as it was beneath him. 

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Violence towards women is at the top of my hates and I have intervened through my life whenever I’ve seen any

You make some valid points but comparing career criminals , and people who set out to commit offences , to someone who appears to have lost it in a domestic row and scrap is not a great comparison

For the record , ive never assaulted a female in any way , at any point in my life , but there’s some right self righteous ones on here 

Weve had far worse at our Club

So the thing at the top of your hates is still something you’re happy to accept. How very strong minded you are. 

2 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

it would show he’s trying to make amends for what he did. That would go some way to allowing people to accept that he’s changed. 

Firstly - you havn’t the slightest clue what he might have done or not and why should he , to placate you - would you publicly flogged yourself - why should he because he’s a footballer ?

You don’t even know of the circumstances that led to the domestic scrap where the assault is grabbing her by the throat , I’m not excusing it , or condoning it , but this isn’t somebody who’s punched kicked and beaten 

The reality is he couldn’t even be bothered to complete his community service as it was beneath him. 

I missed the bit where he said it was ‘beneath him’ - when was this ?

13 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

No one gives a ****!!!

7 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

So the thing at the top of your hates is still something you’re happy to accept. How very strong minded you are. 

What a stupid comment

I can’t change history , so happy to accept ? 

if you’ve ever listened to him interviewed he comes across as a reasonable lad - he clearly lost it in a domestic argument which have their own particular dangers if you understand psychology, where particular buttons get pushed and tested

Do I condone it , No

Would I demand a player not at our Club ,based on the evidence  - No, (I base that on his particular offence not  A general acceptance of that type of offence)

so if you that’s what you mean by accept it , so be it

Enjoy priesthood 

Archived