IGNORED

Danny Simpson

pl00peh91

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Maybe he has,maybe he hasn't?Just doesn't sit well with me particularly with his behaviour after his sentence was passed. Perhaps he is genuinely remorseful and tried hard to make amends?I am just being honest.I don't wish him any ill will,and if he can repair his life with his family then great.Just not the kind of environment I want to see here.We have the womens team here,many female supporters and have already been disowned by a women's support group.

Even with that behaviour. In the eyes of the law he has served his time.

In a civilised society that should be that. He and anybody else that has made a huge mistake should be given another chance. That's what makes us civilized no? 

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Even with that behaviour. In the eyes of the law he has served his time.

In a civilised society that should be that. He and anybody else that has made a huge mistake should be given another chance. That's what makes us civilized no? 

When we start Judging people, regardless of how much time has passed, regardless of the judgement, regardless of the law. That is when we are going to be in major trouble as a society. And that is happening. It shouldnt. 

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

When we start Judging people, regardless of how much time has passed, regardless of the judgement, regardless of the law. That is when we are going to be in major trouble as a society. And that is happening. It shouldnt. 

Nonsense. Normalising and condoning the actions of remorseless bullies such as Danny Simpson makes you just as bad  as him. That’s exactly what’s wrong in todays society and why woman don’t feel safe and feel the need to protest as their voices are not heard 

3 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Nonsense. Normalising and condoning the actions of remorseless bullies such as Danny Simpson makes you just as bad  as him. That’s exactly what’s wrong in todays society and why woman don’t feel safe and feel the need to protest as their voices are not heard 

Wow

Soap Box Time

No chance of a fair trial with you would there

Ive made my view on assaulting women clear but you now claim he’s  ‘bully’ - on what evidence ?

btw Women also commit lots of domestic abuse and assaults and don’t even start on the protest shite

7 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Nonsense? You have spoke to him recently have you?

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

btw Women also commit lots of domestic abuse and assaults and don’t even start on the protest shite

That literally sums up why the protests have to happen. I reckon you also come out with ‘all lives matter’. Very clever. You’re a moron 

2 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

That literally sums up why the protests have to happen. I reckon you also come out with ‘all lives matter’. Very clever. You’re a moron 

A moron....hmmmmmmm

And you are a self righteous plum , holier than thou and full of big opinions and you don’t like facts

I wonder what secrets you hold

15 minutes ago, Atticus said:

That is a very valid point.I tried to be measured with my response instead of condemning him outright,however for me he is one of several players I would not wish to represent our club.Not of all those players have the same convictions.As I said before. If they can make amends and move on,thats great.However,I would not wish to employ them if I had my own business and don't want them representing our club.

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

A moron....hmmmmmmm

And you are a self righteous plum , holier than thou and full of big opinions and you don’t like facts

I wonder what secrets you hold

I’ve never strangled a woman in her own home, in front of a policeman and pleaded not guilty and then refused to accept my punishment as it was beneath me. What facts am I missing? 

24 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

I’ve never strangled a woman in her own home, in front of a policeman and pleaded not guilty and then refused to accept my punishment as it was beneath me. What facts am I missing? 

Nor have I

You are brave enough on a keyboard to call people morons though......ahhhhhh...on a keyboard

I think I’ll ignore you from now on or I may get myself in trouble 

Your protest and strike  will hopefully remain in force a long time

45 minutes ago, Slacker said:

That is a very valid point.I tried to be measured with my response instead of condemning him outright,however for me he is one of several players I would not wish to represent our club.Not of all those players have the same convictions.As I said before. If they can make amends and move on,thats great.However,I would not wish to employ them if I had my own business and don't want them representing our club.

A very measured response in a thread that has descended into a small number of ill informed people spouting over opinionated crap repetitively and resorting to name calling.

8 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Hopefully Pearson doesn't try and sign his other former Leicester player Danny Drinkwater. He was caught a couple of years ago drink driving.

Maybe he should drink water from now on ?

If only he’d done as his name suggests!

48 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I think that is a perfectly reasonable response and view.  I suspect many are with you on this.  I’m probably the same, but there is a part of me that thinks even if he appeared to show no remorse at the time, it appears he has now, his partner (ex-partner?) has forgiven him too, as they seek to establish some form of normal relationship going forward....and therefore why should I be against his signing?

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

A very measured response in a thread that has descended into a small number of ill informed people spouting over opinionated crap repetitively and resorting to name calling.

If they feel that strongly, contact the club, explain their position....await response.  Perfectly up to them to decide to no longer support / follow BC, or give up season card, etc.

I hope they follow through with their stance on this.

I think most (all?) on here understand that he committed an offence, proved guilty, and reacted “badly” to the punishment.  I don’t think anyone is arguing that.

But some people do seem to be of the opinion, that means “throw away the key”.  That’s a massive difference to @Slacker’s post.  It probably sums up today’s culture in this country imho.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If only he’d done as his name suggests!

I think that is a perfectly reasonable response and view.  I suspect many are with you on this.  I’m probably the same, but there is a part of me that thinks even if he appeared to show no remorse at the time, it appears he has now, his partner (ex-partner?) has forgiven him too, as they seek to establish some form of normal relationship going forward....and therefore why should I be against his signing?

If they feel that strongly, contact the club, explain their position....await response.  Perfectly up to them to decide to no longer support / follow BC, or give up season card, etc.

I think most (all?) on here understand that he committed an offence, proved guilty, and reacted “badly” to the punishment.  I don’t think anyone is arguing that.

But some people do seem to be of the opinion, that means “throw away the key”.  That’s a massive difference to @Slacker’s post.  It probably sums up today’s culture in this country imho.

It entirely possible that he is a very "different" person these days Dave.If I am being honest,I am judging him from events from years ago.Perhaps if I knew more about him,especially a more recent scenario, I would have a completely different outlook.Its unfortunate that lots of us have a dilemma with this.

I'm sure everyone is fully aware that it isn't the fact he's a criminal that has caused the feeling it has here.
It's the type of crime.

If he'd smashed a window, stole a car, or even throttled another bloke in a fight, does anyone truly think we'd have have this 2,000,000 comment thread?

Be interested to know if anyone's changed their view having had a read through and whether those who support the signing due to the fact he's served the sentence given, would have done if he was a convicted paedo and those against; whether you would if he was convicted of one of the above?

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think we should throw away the key, I do however think those in the public eye have a responsibility as role models. He should not be stopped from working but to continue working in the public eye he has to address what he’s done and detail the rehabilitation he has committed to. 

FWIW I have contacted the club to give my opinion and am yet to get a response. 

5 minutes ago, Loïs said:

I'm sure everyone is fully aware that it isn't the fact he's a criminal that has caused the feeling it has here.
It's the type of crime.

If he'd smashed a window, stole a car, or even throttled another bloke in a fight, does anyone truly think we'd have have this 2,000,000 comment thread?

Be interested to know if anyone's changed their view having had a read through and whether those who support the signing due to the fact he's served the sentence given, would have done if he was a convicted paedo and those against; whether you would if he was convicted of one of the above?

Yep, I think the type of crime is a big factor.  But the bit that really makes it a grey area for me (in terms of should we be signing him or not) is the the fact that the victim seems to be supporting him going forward.  And that’s why I’m sat on the fence.

1 minute ago, Bobbie said:

I don’t think we should throw away the key, I do however think those in the public eye have a responsibility as role models. He should not be stopped from working but to continue working in the public eye he has to address what he’s done and detail the rehabilitation he has committed to. 

I guess detailing the rehab to his prospective employer and detailing his rehab to fans is a different matter.  Will be interesting to see what response you get, if at all.

16 minutes ago, Slacker said:

It entirely possible that he is a very "different" person these days Dave.If I am being honest,I am judging him from events from years ago.Perhaps if I knew more about him,especially a more recent scenario, I would have a completely different outlook.Its unfortunate that lots of us have a dilemma with this.

100% agree.

None of us know him.

In the eyes of the law (regardless if he wormed his way out of a certain sentence, thats for the courts not us) He has now served his sentence. 

I would be willing to trust the judgement of those that are employing him. Especially since he has had played for clubs since. 

It is not for us to pass sentence on somebody, that is unfair, and not what should happen in a civilized society. 

17 minutes ago, Atticus said:

100% agree.

None of us know him.

In the eyes of the law (regardless if he wormed his way out of a certain sentence, thats for the courts not us) He has now served his sentence. 

I would be willing to trust the judgement of those that are employing him. Especially since he has had played for clubs since. 

It is not for us to pass sentence on somebody, that is unfair, and not what should happen in a civilized society. 

I would recommend reading what @!james posted.

https://journals.sagepub.com/eprint/ZAKDvSneGGMJTt7kSuwU/full

The article was obviously written before we signed Simpson but interestingly we are Mentioned in a favourable light

‘In addition, football clubs have been slow to condemn domestic abuse more generally. Only two football clubs – Bristol City and Exeter City – have officially pledged their support for the Women’s Aid ‘Football United Against Domestic Violence’ campaign (Women’s Aid, 2017).’ 

It’s fair to say we’ve well and truly sabotaged any previous good work we did on the subject.

6 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

I would recommend reading what @!james posted.

https://journals.sagepub.com/eprint/ZAKDvSneGGMJTt7kSuwU/full

The article was obviously written before we signed Simpson but interestingly we are Mentioned in a favourable light

‘In addition, football clubs have been slow to condemn domestic abuse more generally. Only two football clubs – Bristol City and Exeter City – have officially pledged their support for the Women’s Aid ‘Football United Against Domestic Violence’ campaign (Women’s Aid, 2017).’ 

It’s fair to say we’ve well and truly sabotaged any previous good work we did on the subject.

Good work on what though? Condemning people to their past?

No mate, not my outlook. I will not hold judgement on any person for their whole life. 

If we all did that, nobody would ever change. 

I believe in change yes, I believe in 2nd chances but had that been me and you, the regular person we wouldn’t be employed, crb check whatever be an instant no. Yup we could’ve all changed too, I mean recently I was turned away from a job cuz I was convicted of battery, yet my last date was a policewoman and I told her the story, showed her the cctv and she said it was the most stupid thing she ever seen and nothing should’ve happened. But this guy.. yeah ok cool, we’ve also lost a sponsorship for a great charity, current news events, imagine if fans were allowed in the ground...

11 hours ago, billywedlock said:

I don't understand your point. You are saying that one act of DV is too much, then say is there any history of repeated violence. So where are your standards ? Is it ok to rape one women, and then regret it ? Maybe rape a child ? But only just the once. DV is a serious issue. But you suggest if it was not repeated it is ok ?  Women are campaigning heavily to get more recognition for various issues against them. You clearly do not hate domestic violence. you are trying to normalise it and make it acceptable. exactly why women are campaigning, and you are a typical man they are worried about. What balance are you after ? What level of violence against women is acceptable to you ? Do Women agree with your judgement ? I don't know, but you cannot pretend to be supportive and then be clearly dismissive in the same post. What you are trying to say is that his behaviour was not that bad. All things considered. Personally I would prefer we were discussing the abilities and skills of a new player signing, not the degree to which they beat up women. 

You obviously haven’t read my post properly . Never once did I say a single act of DV is acceptable. 

1 hour ago, Bobbie said:

Theyll be shut on sundays..... 

Archived