IGNORED

Danny Simpson

pl00peh91

33 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

From the messages on Twitter from his ex partner/mother of his daughter she is far from low on confidence or behaving like a victim. She is wholeheartedly supporting him in his new venture, and has explained the situation regarding his arrest too. Nigel stated that he spoke to both of them before signing Danny. I think he has changed character, I think there was a problem with alcohol, which he has addressed, he also supports some mental health charities, so I think he recognises where the issue lies.

If this is true and I have no reason to doubt that it is not then, fair play to the lad if he addressing his issues and fair play to his ex partner. She must be someone special, despite the past, she is still supporting him. Things happen when you are growing up that you can't reverse, you just have to accept the responsibility and consequences, then move forward. 

2 minutes ago, Big Nose said:

If this is true and I have no reason to doubt that it is not then, fair play to the lad if he addressing his issues and fair play to his ex partner. She must be someone special, despite the past, she is still supporting him. Things happen when you are growing up that you can't reverse, you just have to accept the responsibility and consequences, then move forward. 

Plus they have a young daughter, so I suspect they want her to have a happy life with both parents.

4 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

What's done is done, and I'm not angry and outraged by the signing. I just understand why some are disappointed with it and would feel far happier if Simpson had shown some remorse. 

Shown remorse to who ?

• Admin
5 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

From the messages on Twitter from his ex partner/mother of his daughter she is far from low on confidence or behaving like a victim. She is wholeheartedly supporting him in his new venture, and has explained the situation regarding his arrest too. Nigel stated that he spoke to both of them before signing Danny. I think he has changed character, I think there was a problem with alcohol, which he has addressed, he also supports some mental health charities, so I think he recognises where the issue lies.

I've seen this mentioned before. 

Out of interest can you share the tweets please as I've never seen them 

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Well she knows exactly what happened…

Indeed, presumably one of the only two people who know the true and entire story.

I seem to recall there was some suggestion (from her?) at the time that the Police version of events was somewhat distorted and/or exaggerated. 

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed, presumably one of the only two people who know the true and entire story.

I seem to recall there was some suggestion (from her?) at the time that the Police version of events was somewhat distorted and/or exaggerated. 

Yes, I've read that too.

Archived